Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 03-Aug 09,2020 - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 03-Aug 09,2020 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 03-Aug 09,2020

Unread 08-06-2020, 05:36 AM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 03-Aug 09,2020

Thank you Anndy. I thought it would go down if anything but not increase. I do have some being but it's along the incisions.

I actually live in Atlantic Beach, FL so just a couple of town north of st. Augustine. Small world!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anndy View Post
Suz,

We here at HysterSisters call it a SwellyBelly and yes it can be very swollen. The extra inflammation is usually from the trauma of surgery. “Gentle walking” is the best thing to do. We suggest 5-10 minutes every hour you are awake. This doesn’t mean standing and when sitting recline so that you aren’t cutting off blood supply to the lower ab area. If you are worried about any particular area, watch for new bruising. Give a call to Dr if you do. Keep eating higher fiber foods, lots of fruit, and take stool softeners to start or keep your GI tract moving.

Hope you were able to get some sleep last night. If not don’t stress just rest and nap today. This taking care of your body is your main job for the next few weeks.

Sorry I wasn’t up late last night. I helped friends hoe in their strawberry patch yesterday and I went to bed early. BTW I used to live in St Augustine so have spent a bit of time in your neck of the woods. I do miss FL winters but not the hot summers. So advise doing that walking inside your house, not in the yard.

Sister Hugs,
Anndy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-06-2020, 05:53 AM
Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 03-Aug 09,2020

Suz,

Bruising along the incision is usually normal. Hope the walking will help reduce the inflammation. Oh, one more caution if you don’t feel right about anything do give your Drs office a call and let them know what is happening. It will at least help you not worry. Take your temp if you think anything is amiss. Think one day at a time. It will help.

Hugs,
Anndy
Unread 08-06-2020, 08:10 AM

I had my surgery yesterday morning and was home by 1pm. I was in a bit of pain but had more issues with trying to pee. Fearing having to go back to hospital I would trying going ever half hour when awake. Today is much better and I’m flowing more easily. The pain is bearable so I’m choosing to go with ibuprofen. I’m not sure if this is normal but I have zero appetite but will try to eat something soon. I have friends helping me because I live alone and I’m not used to being doted on. Lol
All in all I’m feeling ok but I know I have to take it easy and be gentle with myself, something I’m not used to.
Unread 08-06-2020, 08:26 AM

mseb,

So glad to have you join your Recovery thread. Yes, that lack of appetite is sooo normal. Many of us experience it. It will come back in a couple of weeks and then it will be time to watch that you just eat healthy foods. In the mean time snack or eat what sounds good paying attention to fiber. The fact that you are able to go without the narcotics will help get your whole digestion back to normal. Narcotics can cause constipation and this is an after surgery issue for many.

Glad the peeing is getting better! This can be an issue because of surgical trauma and the possible inflammation and swelling afterwards. Sounds like your already doing well.

Hope you have read some of my previous posts and glad you are taking it easy. Let those friends

Sister Hugs,
Anndy
Unread 08-06-2020, 11:48 AM

My hysterectomy was Monday, I came home from the hospital yesterday evening (well, to my parents’ home, not mine because I live alone and no one thought I should be by myself). I managed to have a small bowel movement this morning so that was a relief. Still drinking prune juice to try to not get bound up. Pain is ok when I’m not doing anything but getting in and out of bed is difficult. I know recovery is a process so I’m just taking it slow for now.
Unread 08-06-2020, 03:30 PM

I had my surgery yesterday morning and just got home. My nurses remarked that my lack of pain was amazing. I feel none at all. But I suppose the anesthesia might not have completely worn off yet. Anyway, taking it one day at a time. It is hard to believe I need to take special care of myself when I feel so good, but I will be good and go easy on myself. After this post, I'm off to nap. I'm very lucky covid hasn't battered our medical system here and things are pretty normal for patients.It was a pleasant hospital stay, as pleasant as any stay can be.
Unread 08-06-2020, 03:46 PM

Day 3 and I haven't had the urge to take a pain med yet. I walked around a grocery store for an hour and made some food at home. Still taking it easy even though I don't feel much pain at all unless I'm going to the bathroom.
The only difference I forgot to mention was that I'm taking CBD oil. It was recommended to me before surgery. I think because I'm taking CBD regularly now, it is actually working and I forgot to notice it since I made it apart of my daily routine. I can't believe I still have no pain after surgery, It's nice, but weird because I'm expecting to feel something bad and I don't.

What are some exercises I can start doing now?

How long do you have to wait to have an orgasm and masturbate?
Unread 08-06-2020, 04:24 PM

all and : Poppy471,

So glad you joined us here and are doing so well. Yes I do believe the anesthesia can stay in system for a few days. Many sisters report day 3 or 4 not as good as day 1 & 2. So I advice staying slow. Also too much activity can cause more swelling and inflammation in the lower ab. I had a good hospital experience also but I know some don’t. Guess we were lucky.

s0ng, 1 hour walking around the grocery store seems like a bit much this early in recovery even when you are doing so well. But am so glad to hear how well you are doing. Dr is the one to ask about exercise and outer course, every surgery and person is different.

mp for being “home” and BM but I do agree continue the prune juice. Better safe than sorry!

Gentle Hugs,
Anndy
Unread 08-06-2020, 06:08 PM

Since surgery on Tuesday my neck and throat are really sore and also my taste buds are not right. Nothing tastes good and I have no appetite. Is this normal?
Unread 08-06-2020, 06:10 PM
Post op from 8-3-20

Surprisingly I'm not in as much pain from the gas as I expected. But still experiencing pain nonetheless.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register