Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Apr 11-Apr 17,2011 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Apr 11-Apr 17,2011 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Apr 11-Apr 17,2011

Unread 04-11-2011, 04:00 AM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Apr 11-Apr 17,2011

If your hysterectomy was between Apr 11-Apr 17,2011 this is the place to post your progress during your hysterectomy recovery.

If you have a question about your recovery, please start a new thread to receive answers and support for your concerns instead of including the question in your update! There is information on how to start a new thread in this link: New Here? or you can use this link: Post a New Topic in the Post-Op forum.

Post how you are doing here when you are home and well enough to sit a few minutes at your computer.

We hope you are recovering well with plenty of rest and water and a bit of walking. Don't forget to pamper the princess!

How to use the Recovery Progress Reports thread:

• 1. This thread is for the purpose of sharing updates on your recovery as you heal from your hysterectomy.

• 2. Generally, ONE or TWO posts on this thread per member/per day is adequate to share your daily progress and to share encouragement with your surgery week Sisters.

• 3. Remember to start a new thread on the Post-Op message board to ask your questions.

• 4. The Progress Report threads will be moved at approximately 8 weeks post-op to the Date Club forum inside the HysterSisters clubhouse.

• 5. Remember all the love and support you got here as a pre-op member? Now it's YOUR turn to give back to the women in the Pre-Op Hysterectomy Support forum. Extend your hand and your hugs in replies to our pre-op ladies in waiting. This will complete our circle of women helping women!

• 6. You can also share support and experiences with post-op members in all phases of recovery in the Post-Op Hysterectomy Support forum by replying on the new threads they create.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-13-2011, 06:15 AM
Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Apr 11-Apr 17,2011

Had the DaVinci surgery Monday morning. By 1pm I was sitting staight up in bed ready for lunch. They remover my uterus but were able to leave both ovaries. I was discharged from the hospital right after lunch yesterday. Glad to be home. Gas pains are the worst part but this has been so much easier then gallbladder surgery I had 10 months ago. Truly blessed how well eveything is going!
Unread 04-13-2011, 12:29 PM

Had DaVinci Tues 4/12 was able to sit up and eat with minimal pain...Most of the discomfort was in my back under the left shoulder blade, couldn't get comfy last night. Nurses said it could be gas and the result of how I was positioned on the operating table.

Not really ready for solid foods yet so eating lots of soup and bread. Doctor has me taking 800 mg Advil and I'm doing ok....I may not need the heavy duty Narcotic. Walked down the hall in the hospital, small baby steps. The hardest part is getting out of the bed and getting back in, once I'm up I'm okay just moving very slowly.

Was discharged about an hour ago and home resting with heating pad.

I have five incisions straight across my abdomen above my belly button and they look great...I feel some discomfort there and I'm still swollen but all in all I'm hanging in there.

Glad to be home from the castle.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-13-2011, 05:29 PM

Hello, I'm 42 years old, I had the Total Laparoscopic Hysterectomy on Monday Morning 4/11. went home Tuesday after lunch. I have just been sleeping alot and taking my pain meds every 4 hours. I walk as much as I can, but not much because then you pay for it later believe me! I had a fever for the past 2 nights of around 100 and the Doctor said it's because of the anesthesia which caused a little congestion in me. I had the worst migraine today but it's slowly going away. I can't wait to start jogging again but I know that it has to wait for at least a month, I don't want to prolong my recovery I have triathlons to do!
Oh! my calves have developed bruises all over them, and they are itchy, I'm wondering if it was from the compression cuffs that were on my legs in the hospital. hmm.
Unread 04-13-2011, 06:11 PM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Apr 11-Apr 17,2011

Had my TAH Tuesday morning so far so good I've been able to walk lose the catheter and eat small meals. The pain has been bearable as I sit in the hospital bed. Thank god for technology and I can read and post from hospital bed otherwise I would be bored out of my mind. Wishing all my hyster sis a speedy recovery too.
Unread 04-13-2011, 10:16 PM

Hey Girls, Had my surgery this morning. Everything went well except it took a litttle bit longer because I had TONS of adhesions on my bladder. Well worth the extra time to not get nicked ;P. Feeling pretty good, not too much gas pains, sitting here with my BEAUTIFUL daughter and I hope to go home tommorow. HUGS!

TK in TN
Unread 04-14-2011, 08:13 AM

Just got back from the castle and I'm so happy to be home! Had LSH yesterday (4/13). Surgery took 2X longer than expected because of severe endometriosis (previously undiagnosed). But so far so good, as I haven't needed any narcotics. Toughest part so far is trying to keep the cats and dogs off my tender tummy! Eating a little bit, but not much appetite yet and it seems to make my belly extra swelly. Glad to hear others seem to be doing well also!
Unread 04-14-2011, 08:49 AM

I had LSH (took 3-hrs instead of the expected 1.5hrs -- not sure why) on Monday 4/11. Came home the next morning, with some Tylenol. Doing okay pain-wise, no bleeding, and easy BMs (easier than pre-op). Back pain and boredom are my only issues so far. I have been working from home yesterday and tomorrow to battle the boredom. I have my post-op appointment next Thursday.
Unread 04-14-2011, 09:12 AM

So I figured that I would write a note on my experience with my surgery and hospital stay and recovery so far....so surgery was right on time and woke up in severe pain..they told my bf, my mom & girls that my uterus was alot bigger than they thought so I would be in more pain than usual plus they burnt my( area !!) on accident!! so they were giving me ALOT of morphine...they couldn't believe my high tolerence for pain meds ...everything was such a blur except for the fact that cause I was taking sooo much morphine ( I had the pump) plus they gave me a longer acting dose every hour..well because of all that when I would start to fall asleep I guess i would stop breathing and all i know is i would wake up gasping for air!! my mom would watch me drift off to sleep then watch my chest stop moving ugh!! it scared her soo much..also jessie who stayed with me had her eyes glued to the monitor and watched my oxygen go down when I started to sleep...so you can imagine how I did not want to sleep and tried very hard not to...so the doctors decided that I needed constant monitoring in a part of the icu floor called pcu...yeah well the only constant monitoring i had was the wiring all hooked up to me and my daughter making sure all was good...my night nurse was great but the day shift was not so great...they finally took me off morphine and started giving me phentenol and vicodin and oxycontin...wow I was drugged pretty good and told them yesterday that i didn't want the pentenol anymore...well the breathing went back to normal once they took me off of the morphine!! now i'm taking oxy & nauseau meds at night only and vicodin & motrin during the day...I am very uncomfortable and bruised everywhere...they had to give me shots of heprin in my tummy cause I couldn't really get up and walk and when i felt that i could it just seemed like the ******* nurses were just to busy! hospital stay was soo disapointing..but I have to say thank you to my daughter jessica who took real good care of me..i mean it was 2:30 in the morning and those blow up cuffs that they put on your legs well they were making my legs itch so she was scratching my legs for me all in all my doctor was wonderful and I am soo happy to be home...i am very very tired...more tired than I thought i was going to be but glad that i had it done!!! Can't wait for the pain to be gone !!! well i just wanted everyone to know how it all went and thank you for your kind words..it meant alot to know everyone was thinking of me!!!
Unread 04-14-2011, 09:31 AM

It's Day 2 after DaVinci. I forgot to mention in my earlier post that my uterus and fallopian tubes were removed. During the surgery my Dr. said I had a fibroid on my cervix and she decided to remove the cervix at that time. This was not the plan originally but she thought it best. I am feeling much better today can walk for longer periods of time. Getting up from the bed is still a little difficult. Not feeling as much cramping as yesterday. Taking 600 mg of Advil. I am peeing a lot, I still have a lot of fluid. I am feeling better than yesterday but plan to take it easy so I don't injure myself.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register