2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 10-01-2007, 12:00 AM
2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

If your hysterectomy was between Oct 01-Oct 08,2007 this is the place to post your progress during your hysterectomy recovery.

If you have a question about your recovery, please start a new thread to receive answers and support for your concerns!

We hope you are recovering with plenty of rest and a bit of walking.

Post how you are doing here when you are home and well enough to sit a few minutes at your computer.

Don't forget to pamper the princess, drink plenty of water and walk a bit!

How to use the Progress Report threads:
  • 1. This thread is for the purpose of your hysterectomy recovery progress report.
  • 2. Generally, ONE or TWO posts on this thread per member/per day is adequate to share your daily progress.
  • 3. Remember to start a new thread to ask your questions.
  • 4. The Progress Report threads will be moved at approximately 8 weeks post-op to the Date Club forum inside the HysterSisters clubhouse.
  • 5. Remember all the love & support you got here as a pre-op member? Now it's YOUR turn to give back to the women in Pre-Op Forum. Extend your hand and your hugs in replies to our pre-op ladies in waiting. This will complete our circle of Women Helping Women!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-04-2007, 12:06 PM
Day 3 and all is well : )

I am new to "posting" and the fact that I am still pretty medicated should make this very interesting! My surgery was Monday, Oct. 1st. I was home on Tuesday evening. I think I was prepared for the worst, so it actually has not been bad. I had a total hysterectomy (laproscopic) and despite quite a bit of belly swelling, a litte gas (nothing compared to what I was expecting) I have really not had too much trouble. I also had a urethra sling done at the same time. So far, so good : ) Thank the Good Lord for my Mom who has been here with us waiting on me hand and foot and making sure my kids and hubby have everything they need and more!! I don't know what the average age for these procedures are, but I feel as though I am a little young at 42. Never really saw this coming, but after watching my Mom suffer for so many years and hearing her say over and over that she wished she had "done it sooner" I just decided it was time to get my life back!! I'm a little scared of the hormonal issues and the effect on our "love life" but I am hoping to find advise to those issues here. Take care and I wish you all a speedy recovery
Unread 10-04-2007, 03:57 PM

Surgery on Oct 1st went very well- had cath until 6am Wed morning and have been doing ok without it (after some inital fear that the bladder wasn't empting as well as it should). Have showered everyday and today I even felt froggy and shaved my legs. My doctor has given me a prescription of lidocaine gel and hydrocortisone cream to apply to the peri area and it works well. Feels like I've given birth to a 15 pounder and celebrated by doing 1000 abdominal crunches but not nearly as bad as I'd worked myself up for. I don't know if was presurgery stress or just feeling so bad for so long but mentally and emotionally I feel better than I have in years (I hope this lasts!!) Just took a Lortab and fingers aren't working all that well so I'll have to continue later. Good luck to everyone and hope your recovery is going as smooth as mine!!!!! Staci
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-04-2007, 06:26 PM

Another Oct. 1 gal here! I got home yesterday and am dealing with a lot of soreness, though it is not unbearable. I have pain pills to fall back on. Everything went smoothly. I feel like the fear beforehand was worse than the actual surgery. I had a TAH with a bladder sling repair (forgot what it's called). Tuesday I go in to remove staples, then have to just take it easy and heal. I hope everything went well for everyone else.
Unread 10-04-2007, 06:37 PM
hystrectomy voiding issues

font1black

zenmon:

I am post hystrectomy/ bladder repair 10 - - I am
so upset I was sent home w foley cath.
failed my first void testing and scheduled for another
on Tuesday. My fears are mounting has anyone
ever had to deal with this.
my surgery date was Sept. 24, 2007
help
Unread 10-04-2007, 09:41 PM
first post

greetings to all other recent hyster sisters!

my surgery was October 1st. i am 32 and fortunately had a LSH instead of abdominal. The surgery took over 4 hours, but apparently i had 20-30 fibroids in which to be rid of. My doctor is absolutely amazing and I can only imagine how tired she was afterward. I am amazed she was able to go through with the LSH, as my uterus was so large it was up to my belly button.

I was home by Tuesday evening, only because I was having trouble passing gas. But, finally did and was released. My husband has been amazing and taking care of my every need. My mobility has increased with each day, but still taking it one day at a time.

was so happy to find this site...I had no idea it existed. My hubby actually found it and told me about it. cannot wait to read on!

good luck to you all.
Unread 10-05-2007, 07:20 AM

Hi Sisters,
My TAH-BSO was also on 10/01. Everything went very well. I was sitting on the edge of the bed Monday evening. The cath came out about 6am on Tuesday and I was up and about from then on. I walked a lot but needed help getting in and out of bed because of the leg "massagers". My doc wanted them on when I was in bed. I didn't have a morphine pump but the nurses were quick with the meds at the first hint of pain.

I didn't sleep real well the second night. I was walking the halls at 2am. The nurses brought me warm milk and some crackers and they helped a little bit. I fell into a deep sleep at about 6am and then again after breakfast. Doc came in around 10:30 and took the dressings off and said I could go home after lunch. She actually said I could go then but she'd rather see me have one more meal before leaving.

Recovery at home has been better than I expected. I had stitches because of an allergy to metal so I don't have to worry about having the staples removed. My incision is beginning to itch so I guess it's healing.

The only weird thing is the tip of my tongue is numb. No one has really taken it seriously but it's a very odd sensation.

Oh, plus my ipod "disappeared" from my tray table Wednesday morning. I'm really a tad perturbed about that!

I had a private room and the nurses were awesome. The stay at the castle was actually quite pleasant.

It hurts getting up and down but all in all not a bad recovery so far. And the pathology reports said no cancer!

Wishing you all continued success in your recoveries.
Unread 10-05-2007, 09:31 AM

Hi Girls,

Hope your all feeling better each day : ) I was a little surprised last night when I started getting the chills. Finally during a commercial break from CSI, I checked and was running a little temp 100.7. So, I called my doctor this morning and he wanted me to come right in. I pray all is well - I have been feeling so good, I was really surprised by the turn of events. Since I only have the 3 tiny incisions which were closed with "super glue" I did not think there was a need to worry to much about infection. I'll let you know how my visit turns out!

Wishing you all comfort and peace as you recover : ) Thank the Good Lord it's over!!
Take care, Kim
Unread 10-05-2007, 09:59 AM
Finally home!

Had hysterectomy on Wednesday, Oct. 3. Due to heavy bleeding the doctor was not able to perform the bladder suspension. Doctor said uterus was very large. I will find out in 6 weeks if bladder suspension is still needed or not. Was very sore on Wednesday afternoon, but pain meds kicked in and worked great. Developed fever on Wednesday night, along with chest congestion and bad cough. Was kept extra day and had to do breathing treatments. Feeling much better today, no need for pain meds right now. Got to come home today. Just having to remind myself not to overdo it.
Unread 10-05-2007, 10:28 AM

Dear joyzen,
From what I have read, it is not uncommon to be sent home with cath. I know it makes for a much more difficult and uncomfortable recovery. My sister-in-law went through a situation similar to yours. All turned out well and she is happy as a clam now! Try to get plenty of rest and please let us know how your test goes on Tuesday : ) Take care, Kim

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register