Hysterectomy dates Feb 25-Mar 03,2008 - Page 38 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 25-Mar 03,2008 Hysterectomy dates Feb 25-Mar 03,2008

Unread 03-25-2008, 12:20 PM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 25-Mar 03,2008

good morning girls,

Well I'm already regretting informing my colleagues that I'll be back to work next monday. I too have decided I want to stay home and enjoy my kid (DS12), putter around the house and continue to let my nighowlish tendencies rule my world, it's great. I love sleeping in taking my time in the morning and not having to talk to anyone for hours if I dont want to. I think I'm a natural born recluse so that's my excuse, in fact i suspected before the surgery that I might feel this way. Sigh.....

Also I am a bit nervous about sitting at my desk all day, I know there will likely be more swelling and soreness so I'm totally saving my stronger pain meds in case I need them occasionally at work for the first while.

Other than that I feel not too bad this morning, did not take anything before bed last night and slept a bit better through the night, although once again I did not put my novel down till around 2:30 or so.

I've also felt the occasional period like sensation, but nothing like the real thing for me, in fact the best way to describe would be "ghost pain" extremely annoying and I seem to experience these feelings mostly when horizontal they seem to come hand in hand with the twinges and other odd pains that come up when I try and rest. Felt the aching into my thighs also sort of like when I had real bad period. the back ache is still there also but much improved to last few weeks. All in all I still have some of the same pains as last few weeks but they are much improved to the point I can deal with it and I don't feel too worried anymore .

I've decided my mission for today will be to get rid of a bunch of old clothes out of my closet to make room for more spiffy yoga pants. Ha ha ha ha.

Kind thoughts to all,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-25-2008, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oceanluvr5
I fell asleep again listening to a wonderful audiobook "Pillars of the Earth" by Ken Follett. Ladies, it's a wonderful story that takes place in 12th Century England. Regardless of what types of books you like to read, you'll love this story!
Oh, my gosh. I read the novel! Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful! I usually pass on the Ken Follett (though dh is a big fan), but he read it first and passed it on to me, predicting I would like it.
Unread 03-26-2008, 12:05 AM

Morning ladies, how are you all today? I have usual pain on waking. Have come back to bed with my laptop. DD5 keeps on about going swimming already and it's only 9am. I don't think so!! Can't be bothered to get dressed just yet. She did say why couldn't she wake up her sister (DD17) - perhaps I should have said yes!

Plan for today? Work on that essay, I suppose. Still no car so can't do much else that might be interesting. DH leaves for UK tonight so I will then have to take over all the DD5 duties, as in bathing at night and putting to bed, which he has been doing for me. Not looking forward to that really as I am just lolling about on the settee by that time of the evening.

I know exactly what you mean about dossing about in the mornings and being a night owl. I just can't switch off at night and DH is tired and doesn't want me to read, so I just lay there with everything buzzing around in my head. But he is away from tonight, so I shall probably become completely nocturnal whilst he is away, reading for half the night, and find it difficult to cope in the day with DD5!

Have a good day ladies. Let me know how you all are today.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-26-2008, 11:53 AM

Morning girls,

Had kind of a bad night last night, woke up in the middle of the night, for me that means around 4:00 am, I must have made a wrong move in my sleep or something. My whole torso was in pain and hard as a rock from pubic area all the way up to solar plexus (where ribs come together) so I walked around the house for a bit to try and relax the area then took half a Tramacet and went back to bed to wait it out. I sweat for the rest of the night till about 9:00 this morning. Very weird, but now I feel OK again with the exception of my lower right belly feelling very tender and very pulled.

I guess I'll have to try and be more carefull while dreaming from now on, silly me. I think i'll go for a walk today try and work the kinks out.

PS, Ken Follett, excellent, I want to get the prequil next I have'nt read it yet. I've resorted to Hubby's old spy novels for something new to read, now I'm hooked. Hubby is so very proud.

Have a good one,
Unread 03-26-2008, 12:49 PM

First the bad news. Insomnia!! I take melatonin to help me sleep, and it does help. But usually I wake up some time in the middle of the night to pee (my kidneys suck!) If it's 3AM or earlier, it's fine, I go back to bed, and right back to sleep. But the past two mornings, I've woken up to pee at 4:30. That's close enough to my actual wake-up time for my body to say "Uh, no, we're not going back to sleep. Time to get up and do stuff!" However, I did manage to climb back into bed around 10 this morning, and sleep for another hour!

Good news. I took my prescription strength naproxen at 4:30 when I got up to use the bathroom, and haven't needed anything for pain since then! Yay!!
Unread 03-26-2008, 01:45 PM

Poor you LisaLeeane. I hope you took it easy for the rest of the day.

What is all this with the odd sleeping patterns. I so can't get to sleep at night, but could sleep all day given the chance.

Had a horrible day painwise. Hope I hadn't upset something yesterday when I picked up DD5 by accident.

Feeling a bit mis today - will try and cheer up tomorrow. DH leaves tonight for UK for 11 days, so I guess that won't help too much.

Look after yourselves, girls.
Unread 03-26-2008, 02:10 PM

Hi All,

Funny, but my sleep interruption has more to do with position (I think) than anything. I'm a tummy sleeper but that's not at all comfortable for me now. Just lately I've been able to sleep some on my side - and that's a bit better - but I tend to wake up more often cause I'm not all that comfortable this way. But if I lay on my back, it seems I stare at the dark ceiling forever! I can't wait to be able to sleep how I want to!!
Unread 03-26-2008, 02:32 PM

OK, I know this is weird but today has been horrible, as I mentioned earlier - feels like SUCH a bad period would have. Now I have had some pinky/reddy/brown discharge bit like the end of a period and when I wipe myself sort of watery very pale blood like when you first come on. I now realise that I would be due on about now. What I am wondering is whether it is possible that some endometriosis has been missed (I hear it is very possible and no reflection on the surgeon as it is hard to get it all) and that it is bleeding because it is that time of the month?

Of course, this is speculating and I think I will put up a new post and see if anyone else has had this happen to them. So I am sort of thinking aloud. Sorry.

Hope you all get a good night's sleep tonight. DH just left for UK Feeling rather alone.
Unread 03-26-2008, 02:33 PM

If I allowed myself, I could easily sleep the clock round, 12 hours at least. Dr assured me that the need for more sleep is very normal and would change gradually. I'm a night owl normaly so I think it just makes it worse so I try not to give in to the urge completely. 10 or 11 hours should be enought for a healing princess, for goodness sakes.

My normal pattern before surgery was 5 to 6 hours a night so go figure.
Unread 03-26-2008, 02:36 PM

Onwards, did you keep your cervix?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register