Doctor only saw me for one post op at 2w…. No vagina check scheduled | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Doctor only saw me for one post op at 2w…. No vagina check scheduled Doctor only saw me for one post op at 2w…. No vagina check scheduled

Unread 09-14-2021, 02:21 PM
Doctor only saw me for one post op at 2w…. No vagina check scheduled

Question….. my doctor only scheduled me for a 2 week post op check up. Said he will see me next year. I see a lot of women also going to a 6 week post op. Also I had almost no bleeding after surgery. Just spotted the first day, is that normal? Other than that I’m coming along, better every day. Thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-14-2021, 03:01 PM
Re: Doctor only saw me for one post op at 2w…. No vagina check scheduled

some dr's don't schedule another visit unless you're having issues. if you aren't bleeding or having pain, your dr is assuming that you have healed.
Unread 09-15-2021, 05:09 PM

I stopped spotting after 2 days. 'normal' varies widely.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-15-2021, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crubio View Post
.Also I had almost no bleeding after surgery. Just spotted the first day, is that normal?
Hi, I also had no bleeding, not even the first night. I guess it varies per person...now what do I do with all these pads?? LOL
Unread 09-15-2021, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LV67 View Post
Hi, I also had no bleeding, not even the first night. I guess it varies per person...now what do I do with all these pads?? LOL
I did not either and was very surprised. I also had a two week video follow up and nothing scheduled for three months.
Unread 09-16-2021, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LV67 View Post
Sometimes light bleeding/spotting happens at 2-3 weeks when stitches start to dissolve, i regularly see posts about “didn’t bleed for 2 weeks and now I’m spotting” so we never know.

If you purchased boxes of pads and they are still unopened, you can contact a shelter for women as they may be happy to get some.
Unread 09-16-2021, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crubio View Post
Question….. my doctor only scheduled me for a 2 week post op check up. Said he will see me next year. I see a lot of women also going to a 6 week post op. Also I had almost no bleeding after surgery. Just spotted the first day, is that normal? Other than that I’m coming along, better every day. Thank you
Hmm, maybe call his office to double-check. Maybe he forgot it was only 2 weeks. I went to my GP for my diabetes consultation and when he asked about my exercise, kind of looked shocked when I said not much as I was in post-op recovery. He likely got all the copies of my surgery report so was just not thinking about that. So for sure, I would check with my OB GYN about an internal and get their response.

I was glad to have my internal where she noted at 6 wks (plus 3 days) my stitches needed more recovery time. She felt them with her finger.

If you don't go in for internal, my suggestion is to still be careful about everything for longer than 6 weeks.
Unread 09-17-2021, 10:06 PM

My question is
How do you get cleared for sex and driving if you don't see him for that long. I'm having the same issue. My post op appointment is 12 weeks after surgery
Unread 09-18-2021, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jufib View Post
My question is
How do you get cleared for sex and driving if you don't see him for that long. I'm having the same issue. My post op appointment is 12 weeks after surgery
Most are able to drive early on, pending you’re not on rx pain killers, call your surgeon’s office and speak to an nurse, she should be able to let you know and also ask for sex clearance, which may only happen after you see your surgeon (not uncommon to wait 12 weeks)
Unread 09-20-2021, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPMS View Post
Sometimes light bleeding/spotting happens at 2-3 weeks when stitches start to dissolve, i regularly see posts about “didn’t bleed for 2 weeks and now I’m spotting” so we never know.

If you purchased boxes of pads and they are still unopened, you can contact a shelter for women as they may be happy to get some.
Great idea on the pads donation. I also have a teenage girl in house so hopefully she'll be happy with mom's leftovers. LOL

Also, as you said, just past the 2 week mark and yes, slight spotting has started.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register