Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Sep 14-Sep 20,2015 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Sep 14-Sep 20,2015 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Sep 14-Sep 20,2015

Unread 09-14-2015, 04:00 AM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Sep 14-Sep 20,2015

If your hysterectomy was between Sep 14-Sep 20,2015 this is the place to post your progress during your hysterectomy recovery.

If you have a question about your hysterectomy recovery, please start a new thread to receive answers and support for your concerns instead of including the question in your update! There is information on how to start a new thread in this link: New Here? or you can use this link: Post a New Topic in the Post-Op forum.

Post how you are doing here when you are home and well enough to sit a few minutes at your computer.

We hope you are recovering well with plenty of rest and water and a bit of walking. Don't forget to pamper the princess!

How to use the Recovery Progress Reports thread:

• 1. This thread is for the purpose of sharing updates on your recovery as you heal from your hysterectomy.

• 2. Generally, ONE or TWO posts on this thread per member/per day is adequate to share your daily progress and to share encouragement with your surgery week Sisters.

• 3. Remember to start a new thread on the Post-Op message board to ask your questions.

• 4. The Progress Report threads now begin in our special forum for all Hysterectomy Recovery Reports and will remain there for you to always find your discussion.
  • 5. Remember all the love and support you got here as a pre-op member? Now it's YOUR turn to give back to the women in the Pre-Op Hysterectomy Support forum. Extend your hand and your hugs in replies to our pre-op ladies in waiting. This will complete our circle of women helping women!
  • 6. You can also share support and experiences with post-op members in all phases of recovery in the Post-Op Hysterectomy Support forum by replying on the new threads they create.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-14-2015, 10:23 AM
Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Sep 14-Sep 20,2015

To the Post Op Forum!

The waiting is finally over and you've arrived safely on the Other Side!

This thread is your place to update us on how you're doing as you recover and begin to heal from surgery. I will be keeping you company during your initial recovery period. Remember initial recovery is 4 to 8 weeks, depending on your type of surgery. It may take 6-12 months to feel fully recovered.

I will be checking in on the thread daily providing some answers, pointing you to other resources on the site and directing you to forums where you might get more answers from members farther along on their recovery journey. There are a lot of resources on this site, including videos, articles and web links and I want to help you find them.

When I think about my own recovery, I remember feeling very alone and uncertain what to expect. This was my first major surgery and I don't know anyone personally who has had a hysterectomy. I was amazed at how much I didn`t know. I found HysterSisters to be a community full of women who understood what I was going through physically and emotionally. It was a great relief to find that everything I was experiencing was normal. Everything I wondered, someone else was wondering too!

Initially we expect a lot of about:
  • swelly belly
  • gas
  • bathroom concerns
  • emotions
These things are all a normal part of recovery and most of us experience a few (if not all!) of these issues. You are not alone!

Remember to:
  • Drink plenty of water
  • Walk a bit
  • Rest, Rest and then Rest
  • Put away your Super-Woman cape
And most importantly

Thank you for allowing me to be a part of your recovery journey!

Unread 09-16-2015, 03:21 AM

So happy to be on the other side! I had my surgery Tuesday, Sept 15th. Surgery was delayed about 30 min as my doc was running late. But everything went very smoothly and I was able to have the LAVH as we'd hoped. I'm in the hospital just overnight and going home Wed morning. Overall I'm feeling pretty good, pain isn't really all that bad - just slightly worse than it was on a bad day before surgery! LOL I've been up to potty quite a bit (fluid IV + tiny bladder!) and that's been a lot easier than I would have thought. My bleeding currently is extremely light, certainly hope that holds out!
So overall I'm doing really well. I hope everyone else is having a good recovery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-16-2015, 09:42 AM
Thumbs up - Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Sep 14-Sep 20,2015 Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Sep 14-Sep 20,2015

My surgery was yesterday and it went really well my ovaries were in good shape so we kept them. I went home last night I'm just having a little bit of pain and uncomfortableness in my shoulder from the gas. They didn't let me leave the hospital for quite a while because I wasn't able to go pee. I drank lots of water and once I was able to go pee they let me go home. I had to be careful drinking the water, too much would make me nauseated.
From all the IV fluid and then water I was drinking I was up a lot in the night to go to the bathroom. It was hard for me to get sleep since I can only lay on my back.
Overall I feel like I am in less pain than I had expected. Everyone told me I would be sleepy, they were right, I am surprised at how sleepy I am.
Unread 09-16-2015, 05:38 PM

Hello danililly & Hjcarrell!! The first few days after surgery may find you feeling better than you expected. This is because the hospital IV drugs take a while to leave the body. Some sisters feel so good they will overdo things and have a set-back. I felt pretty good until day 3, and then the swelling and discomfort set in. Tip: Take your meds around the clock for the first few days at home, even if you feel you can manage without them. It’s much better to stay ahead of the pain rather than trying to get ahead of it when the pain is on top of you. Remember you've had MAJOR surgery and your body needs rest, lots of water and nutritious foods to heal. Let those around you take care of you.

All you need to do now is get used to your new found status!!

When To Call Your Doctor
First Week Tips

Diet Suggestions for Recovery

Unread 09-16-2015, 07:31 PM
Red face - Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Sep 14-Sep 20,2015 Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Sep 14-Sep 20,2015

My surgery was Tuesday morning. I had trouble in recovery due to a spasm in my airway and I had to be put back under and re intubated. I was finally stable and in a regular room by midday.
The shoulder pain has been bad and I also am only able to sleep on my back. I'm on Narco for pain. Every 4 hours and it's doing a pretty good job with controlling the amount of pain I'm having.
I finally passed some gas this evening so that is helping with the swelly belly. I was discharged just before lunch today and I'm shocked at how uncomfortable I am in my own bed. So far it's going better than I expected but I was also told by my doc that around day 3 -4 are the worst.
Glad to have this support to know we aren't alone.
Unread 09-16-2015, 08:37 PM

Had my hysterectomy Tuesday morning. Was lucky enough to have it done laparoscopically and have 3 small stitches with steri-strips. The pain is minimal and was able to go home today, Wednesday at noon. However, when my bandaids came off (over the steri-strips) I have huge pus-filled blisters. I did not know I had any allergies. Latex maybe? Anyways, started taking stool softeners and after dinner (rice and broccoli) I will take another stool softener and gas-x. So far, so good. Hope everyone else is doing as well as me. Hugs to my sisters.
Unread 09-16-2015, 11:55 PM
Road to recovery

I got a total robotic assisted hysterectomy today meaning my uterus and tubes are gone I was outpatient. I was told that it was going to take 45 minutes prior to this day I get in the or 15 mintues early and was over two hours cuz the scar tissue from prior surgies my best advice is to stay in bed and rest and take medicine as Directed by doctor the most painful this the gas they full you up with for the surgery
Unread 09-17-2015, 02:29 AM
Finally over!

yestersay was my surgery. They took everything except for one ovary. They found endometriosis as well and that was not expected. I am lying here in the hospital waiting for for them to take the catheter out. Hoping to be able to pee! I am sore more so than pain I am taking pain meds though. I also have on a patch for vertigo and nausea. I haven't been able to eat w/o feeling sick but I am drinking water. Major dry mouth. Ready to get the compression cuffs off my legs. I also can't wait to take a shower! All in all so far so good.
Unread 09-17-2015, 02:51 AM

I had my surgery on Monday the 14th and got home this afternoon. Whoever said that the 3rd and 4th days are rough wasn't kidding. Last night was pretty bad pain-wise because of all the gas trapped in my abdomen. Things are better today because all of that air is moving around. I'm a bit nervous about that first bowel movement, but anything will feel better than all of this bloating. My only real issue is how impossible it is to get in and out of bed. Every twinge of pain makes me think that I'm tearing stitches like crazy. So I'll stick to the recliner for now. Other than that I'm taking baby steps and listening to my body. Hope everyone else is hanging in there and doing well.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register