Hysterectomy dates Dec 10-Dec 17,2007 - Page 44 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Dec 10-Dec 17,2007 Hysterectomy dates Dec 10-Dec 17,2007

Unread 01-06-2008, 11:34 PM
Hysterectomy dates Dec 10-Dec 17,2007

I still have not had any bleeding, spotting. I have not seen any pink stitches. I still have a swelly belly. I do not know what I would do with out the swelly belly band. I am sore, and hurting everyday. I did have surgery a month before I had TAH. I have insomnia too. Dr. put me on med. for it but I don't think it is helping. I go back to the Dr. on 1/18. Just wandering if any one is feeling the same? It mostly sounds like everyone if feeling pretty good. I cannot see my self even thinking about going back to work. I just feel like poop!! I am taking it easy but also trying to walk and do "light" things around the house. I have gone to lunch w/ friends. I have gone to friends and family's house to hang out. I am completely worn out when I get home.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-07-2008, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastiffwoman
I was able to keep my ovaries () but I have night sweats. Anyone else have these WITH their ovaries?
I kept both ovaries and still had night sweats (and depressive bouts and what I could swear were hot flashes, though I could be wrong), so as others have said you aren't alone. I didn't mention this to my doctor and I'm starting to think that maybe I should've... My doctor when asked wouldn't say how long it would take for the swelly belly to go away, which is the thing that bothers me the most. Has anyone been given any clues?

My work was nice, they sent flowers, but didn't visit or anything (which I actually don't mind, not sure I really want most of my coworkers to see me all wired up in the hospital). The wife of one of my coworkers who I am friends with actually came and visited me in the hospital and actually brought me an extra blanket and warm fuzzy socks! I had never been so touched in all my life.
Unread 01-07-2008, 01:08 AM

I had my TAH on the 13th of Dec and my swelly belly was gone by week 2 post op. BUT as I have stated in other posts I am a fast healer. So hopefully not too much longer!

Good Luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-07-2008, 04:25 AM

For swelly belly I have found the exercises on this website helpful. I started doing them one week after operation--twice a day as they suggest--and they have really helped to reduce the swelling and pull in the lower swelly belly. I now have some of my old belly mostly back and still do the exercises at least once a day with some other core work and light pilates--beginner mainly to work myself back to what I was doing. So far this seems to help but belly is still tender and a bit bloated but think this is due to fact I ate too much over the holidays!
Unread 01-07-2008, 05:53 AM
Excercises???

[quote=tinylibrarian]For swelly belly I have found the exercises on this website helpful. QUOTE]

Hi tinylibrarian!

I looked for the swelly belly excercises you mentioned, but could not find them on the site , where did you find them? Under the heading Fitness??

Thanks for your help!

CrispyDuck
Unread 01-07-2008, 06:22 AM

Hubby and I took the Christmas decorations down yesterday...after just 1 1/2 hrs of packing, I was whipped. Spent the rest of the day relaxing.

I am due to start work full time in 2 weeks as a tax preparer. Will work 50-60 hrs a week for approximately 3 weeks, then will go part-time. I hope I will be up to it.

Generally feeling pretty good, other than a small part of incision that is oozing. Taking antibiotics for that and see the Dr. tomorrow.

Today is the first day of my first non-period!! Woohoo for me!!
Unread 01-07-2008, 06:47 AM
night sweats

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastiffwoman
I was able to keep my ovaries () but I have night sweats. Anyone else have these WITH their ovaries?
Mastiffwoman, I had a TAH, kept both ovaries. I will be 41 this Feb. I have been having night sweats, on and off, for a little over a year now. Mine were at their worst in times of heavy stress, but I average one a week at best. I am also noticing "warm flashes?", and had one the other day where I noticed I was very warm, and then realized I was getting hotter! Got to the point I was sweating a little, then it gradually went away. Am actually sitting here right now, the house is about 62 degrees, and I feel too warm. Don't know what's going on, but blood work all shows that my hormone levels are ok. What to do?

Mary Kay
Unread 01-07-2008, 07:25 AM

I know how you all feel about the work thing. I do medical writing for a whole bunch of cancer researchers. Basically, I clean up all their papers and grants and such for publication, so I really help them out.

They all had a great big Christmas party while I was gone. I am actually doing work from home for them while I recover.

I got absolutely nothing from anyone. Just an email that asked how I was doing, probably because the work is piling up. I started this job several months ago, and it's not making for a good impression.
Unread 01-07-2008, 09:37 AM

It appears there are many insomniacs out there!! I am older than most of you...been through menopause yrs. ago...not taking any hormones...TAH/BSO...no complications...There just seems no rhyme or reason to be awake most of the night! I have started walking more (20 min) and doing more light chores around the house and will cut back on all things caffiene!!
Unread 01-07-2008, 09:41 AM

Mastiffwoman - I'm also having nightsweats and I kept my ovaries.

I've also had a few hot flashes during the day.

This cold of mine has gotten so bad. My whole body aches. and I'm still bleeding and itching! When will it end and I feel healthy again? I'm really frustrated.

So today I go back to the ceramics studio and work 5 hours. I teach 2 classes and mix some glazes. I just don't want to get out of bed! At least I don't have to be there until 12 - it's 9:30 now. I have a little time...

I'm going to collapse into a big puddle when I get home!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register