Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Oct 21-Oct 27,2013 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Oct 21-Oct 27,2013 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Oct 21-Oct 27,2013

Unread 10-21-2013, 04:00 AM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Oct 21-Oct 27,2013

If your hysterectomy was between Oct 21-Oct 27,2013 this is the place to post your progress during your hysterectomy recovery.

If you have a question about your recovery, please start a new thread to receive answers and support for your concerns instead of including the question in your update! There is information on how to start a new thread in this link: New Here? or you can use this link: Post a New Topic in the Post-Op forum.

Post how you are doing here when you are home and well enough to sit a few minutes at your computer.

We hope you are recovering well with plenty of rest and water and a bit of walking. Don't forget to pamper the princess!

How to use the Recovery Progress Reports thread:

• 1. This thread is for the purpose of sharing updates on your recovery as you heal from your hysterectomy.

• 2. Generally, ONE or TWO posts on this thread per member/per day is adequate to share your daily progress and to share encouragement with your surgery week Sisters.

• 3. Remember to start a new thread on the Post-Op message board to ask your questions.

• 4. The Progress Report threads now begin in our special forum for all Hysterectomy Recovery Reports and will remain there for you to always find your discussion.

• 5. Remember all the love and support you got here as a pre-op member? Now it's YOUR turn to give back to the women in the Pre-Op Hysterectomy Support forum. Extend your hand and your hugs in replies to our pre-op ladies in waiting. This will complete our circle of women helping women!

• 6. You can also share support and experiences with post-op members in all phases of recovery in the Post-Op Hysterectomy Support forum by replying on the new threads they create.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-21-2013, 08:11 AM
Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Oct 21-Oct 27,2013

to the Post-op forum! I’m so glad you found your way to this thread.

The purpose of this thread is to give you a place to update us on how you’re doing as you recover and begin to heal from your surgery. MrsLibraryLady and I will be hanging out with you in this thread, to keep you company while you get through your initial recovery period. We have a lot of resources on this website, and one of the things we will do is help you find the best places to post your questions and concerns.

Be sure to start a new thread in our Post-op forum (just click on the New Topic button) when you have any questions that could benefit from the experience of women who have already "been there, done that."

You will find that occasionally I get on my soap box about taking it easy. I find that many ladies try to do too much too soon and end up paying for it with complications and/or increased pain. You can also cause mini-leaks in your stitches and you risk having increased adhesions/scar tissue on the inside. No one is going to give you a gold star for being the first to do something. You only have one chance to heal right and you and your body deserves that chance. I see I got on my soap box :soapbox: already! Okay, stepping down now.

I had my hysterectomy in November 2010. I found HysterSisters before my surgery and it helped me have an idea of what to expect. When I came home from the hospital after my hysterectomy, I had many questions about what was normal in my recovery and what wasn't. It was wonderful to come to HysterSisters and find out that other women were experiencing the same things.

I would like to share with you one tip that helped hugely in the first few weeks of my recovery. My doctor's resident who assisted with the surgery told me this tip. Before you make a movement such as trying to get out of bed or standing, take a deep breath and as you breathe out, make the movement. She told me that you can't tighten up your stomach muscles while breathing out and the pain is much less than it would be otherwise.

The other tip that I have picked up on this forum is one that helps you deal with gas. Wet a towel and heat in the microwave until hot, then wrap in a dry towel. Put that on your tummy or wherever you have gas pains. The damp heat will help draw out the gas.

Be sure to eat well , drink lots of water , walk as much as your body will let you and rest to let your body heal. I hope that these tips help.

We look forward to getting to know you as you continue on your journey toward post-hysterectomy health and happiness!
Unread 10-21-2013, 05:58 PM

Hi! Surgery was this morning and I'm so pleased to report they did not have to convert to abdominal incision! But the procedure took an extra hour as it was a Really big uterus. I haven't talked to my dr yet to find out how big...

Going home and will not spend the night at hospital! Catheter came out while still in recovery. I've walked and urinated a bit.

Just took my first Norco
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-22-2013, 07:05 PM

I had TVH with posterior and anterior repairs and vaginal vault yesterday morning - home today and amazed how well I am feeling! I have peed and pooped - though the poop was just from a suppository mostly - still! will be majorly taking it easy - but thankful all went well - hope everyone else fares as well!
Unread 10-22-2013, 09:07 PM

I had a LAVH with anterior repair at 11am. Haven't felt too bad yet, threw up my liquid supper. Feeling better now, just lots of lower back pain from this terrible hospital bed.
Unread 10-22-2013, 09:38 PM

I am glad you are finding your way here. Please be sure to drink lots of water to flush the anesthesia out of your system, eat as prescribed by your doctor (I was on a liquid diet for a day or so after surgery), walk as much as you can and rest a lot.

Coder, see if using more pillows will help you. When I get lower back pain from a bed, I find that putting a pillow under my knees helps.

Happy healing!
Unread 10-23-2013, 10:18 AM

Does runny poop count as a poop?
Unread 10-23-2013, 11:57 AM

I got to come home this morning and I'm am feeling pretty good. No bleeding, just sore around my abdomen and lower back. Using a heating pad to work out some gas pains. The doctors and nurses were impressed with my progress. My only complaint is that my face is bright red, almost sunburnt. They thought it might be a reaction to the anesthetic. Hope everyone else is progressing and doing well!
Unread 10-23-2013, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanaHut View Post
Does runny poop count as a poop?
Yes, I would say it does!
Unread 10-23-2013, 04:45 PM

I had a radical on Oct 22. Sorry as I am not so good with the abbreviations. I needed to have an adominal incision. Except for when I move, I am not in too much pain. Is this the calm before the storm? I am not really sure what to expect now. I hope everyone in my shies is doing well. Hugs to all

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register