Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008 - Page 59 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008 Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008

Unread 03-24-2008, 04:44 PM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008

Just a quick reply. Thank you for the beautiful cyber prayer. It sure sounds like you had a busy time. I have resigned myself that I will not drive until I am told it is okay. I do feel like a prisoner though. Even when my car goes in for a service, I feel I have lost my legs!!!!!!!!!!
I wm looking forward to moving forward a bit more this coming week. I will be five weeks tomorrow. I know deep down that when my body says "sleep sheila", I must give in to that. I am not a sleepy person at all so I know that this is for real. Some of my friends have even said that I could be making up for the trauma of the past two years. I do not jnow if that is the case or not and it does not really matter.
Please keep in touch.
Love
Sheila
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-24-2008, 04:52 PM

Hi Kim,
Sounds like a lot of us have not been to great. I am so encouraged by the site. I will be five weeks tomorrow and it is really slow. I am not fighting it anymore. I say that now, and tomorrow I will be impatient again.
I really do beleive this site is a godsend. I go on in the late evening, the time when I feel most alone and WITHOUT FAIL---it always cheers me up and spurs me on.
Here is to a better week for us all.
lots of love
Sheila
Unread 03-24-2008, 04:56 PM

Hello All,
I got good news from the radiation therapist today. My PET scan was terrific and there are no "hot spots" in my body. I don't have to have chemo. All I need is the radiation and that's set to start this Thursday. I need 25 sessions, but I can take a few days off so I can still do my Las Vegas girl's trip. I don't know how energetic I'll be, but I think I'm going to do it anyway. It's something to look forward to. My mom deserves to have the trip since she cared for me the first 10 days after my surgery.

Thanks for keeping me in your thoughts and prayers. I need to get on the phone and tell all the non-sisters who've been praying for me too. I am just jumping for joy.
Jett
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-24-2008, 05:14 PM

My dear Jett, I am soooooooo happy for you. Since I first became aware of your impending treatment, I have been asking God to hold you safe and give you the courage to deal with this. No chemo is just wonderful. Make sure to enquire about the dietary information which helps to keep the bowels in check. I will be five weeks tomorrow and things are moving along-------to slow for me, but that is nothing new. I just love this site, and I hope we can all remain in touch. I usually pick up my laptop in the evening, and no matter how I am feeling, I always find new courage and HOPE. What date is your treatment starting? Will you have Saturday and Sunday off? The trip to Las Vegas sounds just the ticket and I hope it is wonderful for you. I send you lots of long armed hugs from my house to your house.
Your Irish sister
Sheila
Unread 03-24-2008, 05:29 PM

Sheila,
Thank you, I felt those hugs from here and I could just imagine hearing your wonderful brogue. A trip to Ireland is in my family's long range plans. Once this ordeal is over, I'm going to do everything I've always longed to do. God Bless us All.
Jett
Unread 03-24-2008, 05:51 PM

jett, i am so excited that you will be able to take the trip! i hope all your radiation goes well and i am so happy that you won't have to have chemo. I will keep you in my prayers. keep us updated!

irish-i too am encouraged by this site.
blessings to all
Unread 03-24-2008, 07:44 PM

ok, I am finally registered and want to say, this is a wonderful website! thank you to all who make it what it is! I know of it from another lady and I really need something like this as I don't really know many people to talk to @ hysterectomies...
without getting too long winded...I had a Vag. hysterectomy due to (stage 4) prolapse, along with a cystocele and rectocele on Feb 25th....all the terms really scared me and everything I found previously on the web was so general. I am 53 and an empty nester, have a great husband, and a new puppy (what were we thinking?). All is going pretty well, today is 4 weeks. Like labor pains fade with memory-I am hoping my hospital stay will...I had 2 wonderful Dr's do the surgery and my nurses were great. I shared a room the first night and had my own the 2nd (which I really wanted both nights)....I was sick like others every time I pushed the pain button..

But for new patients, I want to say, every day does get better and you can take medicine as you need if for pain and it works. Find an outfit you love to wear so you are happy in it! I got a great soft fleece pair of brown pants and the cutest soft yellow fleece top by Blue Lemon at Neimans that I love and wear a v neck lace trimmed soft T by hanro with it...it is not pajamas but a nice hanging around outfit so we don't look so pathetic to anyone seeing
us...oh, and forget the bra for now...I also got a few short sleeved t-shirts at a polo outlet for $14. that I also wear everyday with a v-neck sweater..so between these two looks, one for the house and one for going out, I feel well-dressed but soooo comfortable and can wear them both everyday....

My recovery is 12 weeks for everything. I can drive now as
long as I am not on medicine..and that has worked fine.

one mistake I made was this: my 2 daughters wanted to come to town and help right away and I foolishly thought it would be better if they came the following week for a long week-end. I did not want them to see me so pathetic or sickly (what did I know?) or miss work for me.

well, think again if anyone ponders this: it would have been much nicer and easier to have a daughter help you out than a husband who does not know how to cook a thing. Even though my H has been great and has done so much, he would have loved the extra TLC a daughter would have brought...so next time, think this through better. It saved the day when suddenly we had meals brought to us for the next 5 nights! I never would have thought I would appreciate anything so much! Even though I cooked for the freezer for 2 months-mostly soups-these meals were the most thoughtful, delicious meals!!!!

remember to cook for friends, in future..what goes around comes around...

I don't seem to see anyones info who had the same surgery as I did so I would love to hear any feedback from a similar surgery-cystocele, rectocele and I had the uterus and overies and tubes removed.....it sounds so scary but I was able to leave after the 2nd night in hospital without a catheter-high 5 for that! And my Dr said which was very helpful when trying to go the first time...RELAX, and pretend you are a child blowing bubbles with a wand..so that was a good visual for me and it really worked!! Though I have NEVER been constipated in my life (take medicine to slow me down in fact-for a spastic colon) I am taking a stool softener which is working fine....

I was dying for a bath in the 2nd week and before I discovered this site-saw an English website where they had baths so I sneaked one and can not understand WHY we shouldn't have one as long as I just sit-love the heat of it, it's cold and winter here-and don't use bubble bath etc...so I told my DR and he talked to me about it and It seems ok...I just don't want to make any mistakes and need to redo anything and my situation,according to the websites, is not always permanent....prolapsed parts can fall again it seems..

I wish I had more info on what to do and not to do so I don't goof. I didn't realize until the 2nd week, no bending or reaching...so I hope I didn't...I am able to play with a puppy though...(she is now a 10# spaniel and I sit in a chair and get her to jump halfway to me)...I have a lot of energy and appetite! The main part for me has been no sports for 12 weeks and I will surely obey everything I am told. just hope I didn't bend already too much...but isn't sitting in a bed a similar position to bending to pick up kleenex? and when can we...if it feels ok?

one more thing, prior to surgery, I did get a container and fill it with snacks, napkins, plastic forks, straws (spouses seem to forget these things) water bottles and sudoku, and pencils etc to put by my bed......keep that brain going...and paper and I made a chart for medicine-since you won't remember what and when you took anything...the newest item I just got today I think we should be given at the hospital-it's a gadget to pick things up with so we don't reach or bend over and it's so FUN to use. You can even pinch your husband!! really, that is the one thing I worry over, is if I bent over too much...I love a clean home...

see, I do get too long winded...
Unread 03-24-2008, 08:04 PM

Jett, if you make it to Ireland, I will buy you your first dink!!!!!!!!!!!!
sheila
Unread 03-24-2008, 09:07 PM

Welcome homebuddy! Try asking your question about your surgery on another part of the forum where others who have had all this tuff done will see it and I bet you get some good advice or stories.
Jett--
no chemo--yippy! SO happy for you!Hope the radiation doesn't interfere with your road trip--I'll be living vicariously through you when you come back and tell us your stories!
I'm totally washed out tonight, think I'll call doc tomorrow about this side pain-it's not awful, just nagging, annoying and continuous.

All this talk about trips to Vegas, Miami and Ireland make me think we should all have "reunion" of sorts in a year and pick a place. I've never seen England yet-wow would that be cool! Course I've never been to Australia or New Zealand either and would love to make that trip! But I've never been to Vegas either so I'm game for wherever!
Kim
Unread 03-24-2008, 09:14 PM

i too am having a worn out day. i guess walking this morning wore me out....i didn't think it i had over done it but now i am so tired. i feel so tired and sore all over. it feels more like i am getting the flu or something but not really congested, or anything else like that. my body just aches. hopefully i will feel better this morning. i hope all you ladies have a wonderful night.
blessings

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register