Pre-op... phone call? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Pre-op... phone call? Pre-op... phone call?

Unread 01-29-2005, 10:52 PM
Pre-op... phone call?

I just got something in the mail today from my hospital. It had a pre-printed note from the anesthesiologist telling me to take Zantec or Pepcid AC the night before surgery and right before I leave to go to the hospital the next day. There was also a brochure stating that I could call and make an appointment with the admission nurse to get all of my vitals and medical history prior to the surgery day. I guess I will call on Monday and set something up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-29-2005, 11:09 PM
Pre-op... phone call?

I went to the Dr for a pre-op then the hospital for my pre-op and then the lab for blood work 5 days before. Then saw the sleepy Dr the morning before surgery and also more blood work. I knew the routine it had only been 5 months since my last surgery. Has been like once a year for many years.
Unread 01-30-2005, 08:08 AM
Pre-op... phone call?

I had a pre-op meeting with my doctor, and left with instructions to call 2 separate hospital departments to do their pre-op work. Which was actually incredibly convenient!

The hospital gave me further phone numbers if I had any questions, or wanted to talk to the anesthesiologist directly - you might try calling your hospital's anesthesia department and see if they can tell you who's doing your surgery.

Mind you, I'm pretty healthy, and I've been in and out of this hospital a couple of times recently, so a lot of the conversation consisted of me saying, "yes, that's still the same."

M.
Unread 01-30-2005, 09:32 AM
Pre-op... phone call?

My husband recently had shoulder surgery at the same hospital I will be having my surgery at. I had my c-sections at a different hospital. But they did call and get all of that info and then did it again the morning of the surgery. I wondered why they were asking all of that stuff as I had given it to them on the phone the day before? Go figure. I just want them to know that even though I am small, I have a very high tolerance to meds. It takes a lot to knock me out. My hubby can be knocked down with a painpill and I can't even tell I have taken one. I am so nervous they are going to have to give me a double dose just to calm me down! :confuse:
Unread 01-30-2005, 12:17 PM
Pre-op... phone call?

Well my surgery will be next Monday, but I am to go do my pre-op on the Sunday before. The surgeon won't be there but the Nurse Practicioner who works closely with the surgeon will be the one I will be asking questions.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register