Pelvic Ultrasound - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Pelvic Ultrasound Pelvic Ultrasound

Unread 05-21-2006, 09:59 AM
Pelvic Ultrasound

Quote:
Originally Posted by golftaxi
itstime,
I learned something new. I have had several vaginal probe ultrasounds, and I have never had to insert in myself, my Dr. does it. I didn't know they would ever ask you to do it yourself. And we pay them the big bucks!LOL Also if your Dr. does it, don't worry, it looks much worse than it is. I found it hurt only if he moved it in certain ways. My Dr., who specializes in vaginal probe ultrasounds, was able to diagnose my adenomyosis as well. As the other women said it can be used to find all the above mentioned maladies. Adeno is tricky to diagnosem and usually can't be confirmed until the pathology report, but I have heard that either MRI or CAT scan can be effective for that too.
Good luck to you on your appointment!
golftaxi,
I think the tech did that for my comfort. She held the wand at her end as I inserted the tip, then I let go & she did her thing. I don't know if she does that with everyone. She knew I was in alot of pain. She had to put a pillow under one leg because it intensifies my pain when I lie with it fully extended.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-21-2006, 01:02 PM
Pelvic Ultrasound

Thanks for the info. I'm glad she would do that to make you more comfortable. It makes perfect sense.
Unread 05-21-2006, 05:07 PM
Pelvic Ultrasound

I had to get pelvic ultrasound and the trans vaginal (inside). Yes, holding all that water was just lovely. The worst part about it, other than the lack of dignity , is trying to hold it in. If you are in pain normally, as I am, than certain movements may hurt. Mine took forever, partly due to the fact that I had a TRAINEE and after she did her thing, the TRAINER got to come in and redo it. :wowee: Well, apparently the trainee didn't do a very good job, but let me tell you the trainer was very thorough (SP?)!
Anyway, through the PU and TVAG they detected my cysts and some lesions, as well as a tear in my tissue that now needs to be repaired. My doc took a look at my PU and TVAG and set me up for a lapro IMMEDIATELY (next day). During the lapro, he found even more lovely things and Here I am today awaiting the big H.
Hang in there, the tests are so valuable and it is time to end your pain.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register