Adenomyosis- NO BLEEDING | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Adenomyosis- NO BLEEDING Adenomyosis- NO BLEEDING

Unread 04-13-2008, 08:51 AM
Adenomyosis- NO BLEEDING

Has anyone been diagnosed with adenomyosis without heavy bleeding, just extreme pain, cramping, pressure, bloating, etc? My MRI confirmed this. Wonder if it is common.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-15-2008, 09:23 PM
Adenomyosis- NO BLEEDING

I have suspected adeno, though not comfirmed, my symptoms are exactly what you are describing. I have had an ablation, so I have no bleeding at all, but prior to this procedure, my periods where not what I would consider heavy. I have confirmed endo as well.
Unread 04-18-2008, 02:31 PM
Adenomyosis- NO BLEEDING

Yes - I had a LAVH on April 3 and got the results back - it was adenomyosis. I had an ablation 2 years ago that didn't stop my periods, only made them lighter. The main symptoms of my adeno was back pain and bloating and pressure on my bladder, with some cramping - but no heavy bleeding.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-18-2008, 04:22 PM
Adenomyosis- NO BLEEDING

Ditto!! Had an ablation in 04. No bleeding, but horrendous pain starting last spring. Ended up with LSH/BSO in September -- Adeno was the culprit!
Best of luck
Unread 04-18-2008, 05:04 PM
Know More on Monday

Hi Ladies,
Just to let you know I am going back to my gyn on Monday to discuss why I do not want the ablation, and feel it will not work for my adenomyosis. Has anyone had to question their doctor's best intentions? I feel he is trying to be nice and conservative, But like I've said before, I am not one to try something and see if it fixes it. I think I am going to suggest going ahead with the hyster. Wish me luck, its a big leap, but I think I am finally resolved with my decision.
Unread 04-18-2008, 05:11 PM
Adenomyosis- NO BLEEDING

I think a lot of doctors try to be conservative (so much litigation, I guess they just have to be careful!), but sometimes we have to listen to our inner voices. We know what we need most of the time. Good luck!
Unread 04-18-2008, 05:15 PM
Adenomyosis- NO BLEEDING

My dr. said the reason they do the ablations is it's an insurance thing....they have to "jump through all the hoops" first and that is one of the tests to do before the big hysterectomy....so as I understand it, it's coming from an insurance perspective.
Unread 04-18-2008, 05:35 PM
Adenomyosis- NO BLEEDING

I tried the ablation first, I wanted to try everything first before having the hyster. Having a hyster, I believe should be the last resort as it is major surgery. There are risks in all surgeries, but I needed to be 100% sure I had done all things possible. It's not that I was in love with my uterus. In fact, it was the opposite. I wasn't like you though, I had the extremely heavy periods, clotting, extended periods lasting 3 months or more, bloating, cramping, bladder "accidents". I tried BC pills, hormones, and ablation as the last result. It worked only 2 months and then I knew for sure it was the hyster. But in my mind I was 100% sure it was needed, I just waited 13 years to make up my mind, lol. I hope you get an answer to what you are looking for with your DR. Remember in the end it is up to you and him what to do for you. Have a wonderful evening.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register