Thirty somethings and surgical menopause... give me some good news | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Thirty somethings and surgical menopause... give me some good news Thirty somethings and surgical menopause... give me some good news

Unread 11-10-2009, 05:46 PM
Thirty somethings and surgical menopause... give me some good news

I'm meeting with my oncologist tomorrow and am pretty sure he's going to recommend tah/bso for borderline ovarian cancer on both ovaries. (He recommended it when I just had suspected benign cysts but a signficant family history as a preventative measure so I opted for a cystectomy with my regular gyn... now I'm headed back to the onc with the borderline ca diagnosis).

Anyways, I'm 38 and not only scared about the borderline ca issue, but also so bummed out about facing surgical menopause. Have spent hours and hours going through the forums and now have this vision of myself sagging and wrinkling, crabbing at everyone, forgetting things, having sexual problems, gaining weight. Ugh. I know it won't all be that bad. Some stories of younger women who have gone through surgical menopause and gone on HRT and not faced these issues would really cheer me up!

Thanks so much,
B
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-10-2009, 05:56 PM
Re: Thirty somethings and surgical menopause... give me some good news

Hi there I am sorry you are going through the thought of cancer and although my Hysterectomy was not because of that I too had to have a full hysterectomy 5 weeks ago at age 35 due to cysts on my ovarys, heavy painful periods and Adhesions which had pushed my bowel way back I was told i'd never have my own children as it was covered. I know how you feel and although I am suffereing from a bit of depression and night sweats that is it I have not started HRT yet but when I go in 2 weeks I hope to be put on it. I know its scary going the a surgical menapause but honestly it isn't half as bad as you think but I know we are all different. But please remember the girls on here have all been through what we have and they are a great help. Please don't ever feel alone you are not. Come on here often whether its just to rant or let others know how you are. Good luck tomorrow Take Care Jen
Unread 11-12-2009, 02:21 PM
Re: Thirty somethings and surgical menopause... give me some good news

Thanks Jen I am hoping you are right and its not as bad as I think. To be honest, after meeting with my gyn-onc yesterday, surgical menopause is now the last thing on my mind. Now I am scared about my upcoming laparotomy and what they will find. Was your surgery laparotomy or laparoscopic?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register