Adenomyosis: Full list of symptoms? - Page 9 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Adenomyosis: Full list of symptoms? Adenomyosis: Full list of symptoms?

Unread 12-13-2009, 03:53 PM
Re: Adenomyosis: Full list of symptoms?

Butterfly, ask your doctor to do an MRI with contrast. It is the best test available to determine if it is Adenomyosis. My Adeno was so bad that they did not need to go ahead with the contrast part of the MRI. I had pain running down to my legs when I walked at any length. Constant cramping and pain and the feeling as if there were a HOT coal implanted in my uterus! In the couple of weeks prior to my surgery, I was on Vicadins. It was horrible. Adeno usually does get worse with time and the only cure for it is to go thru menopause or have the hysterectomy. I am 47 and my doctor told me that I was years away from it. My Mom was 56! There was no way that I could deal with it any longer. I am 10 weeks post-op LSH and feel great. I am going through some issues with spotting and the occasional cramping but the doctor says to give it time that I am still healing. NO REGRETS here! The best thing is never to have a monthly period again. My husband and I are going on a 2 month vacation this winter and it feels great knowing that I will not have a period and I can enjoy whatever I want and do not have to pack overnight sized pads.

Inda, the pain that you experience with coughing and sneezing will go away with time. I know it is horrible. One day, I sneezed and said out loud "Wow", because it no longer hurt. Good luck!
Pat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-13-2009, 05:20 PM

Butterfly hang in ther get the MRI you need to get that out of you it has advanced to a point where you can't take it! I am sharing your pain people think that there is more going on but we all know Adenomyosis is a creature all unto itself! I am telling you all if I can help anyone through my experience than I have done justice!!! It's all about sharing and helping others in this life here on earth and through our experiences good or bad we grow!! I am so encouraged by all of you and I thank you for all of your honesty! The mirena was something that I was interested in but no longer a candidate for it does buy time but sometimes you need to nip it in the bud!....I feel for all of you!!!
Unread 12-13-2009, 06:45 PM

Dear Ladies,
Thank you for your insight and advice about the MRI. I think this would be a good next step. Thank you for rallying to my aide. It has been a long day, but even though it was spent in the easy chair- it has been productive. I told my friend earlier that I didn't feel I had the courage to have a hysterectomy, but hearing about how good you all feel gives me hope that it will turn out alright.
Thankyou,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-13-2009, 07:56 PM

Butterfly I haven't been scheduled for mine this week I will. You need to feel like a productive human being God doesn't want you to be miserable so think about it this way. You will feel better and be a better woman to yourself and your family and live the life God gave you!.....Hugs to you!
Unread 12-14-2009, 07:40 PM

I got a date for my surgery it will be a transvaginal hysterectomy on Feb 17th! I don't like to rush the days but this feels like a long time to me!!!
Unread 12-14-2009, 08:29 PM

Castaneda, I applaud your courage. The time will no doubt fly by the closer you get and pretty soon it will be here. Use the time to prepare. Collect the things that will make your healing more barable like your swelly belly band and planning fun things like movies and books etc. If you are having your ovaries removed you might want to research hormone replacement options. It is a good idea to know about this in advance if it is going to be an issue. Think of all the good days ahead of you. A lovely spring to look forward to!
Unread 12-14-2009, 08:29 PM

My crazy road to the adenomyosis diagnosis started w/ a trip to the walk in clinic because I SWORE I had an ovarian cyst that was rupturing or twisting it hurt THAT BAD. The dr did a pelvic exam and said my uterus was large and spongy and wanted me to have an u/s done. Well my then gyn couldn't get me in for an u/s for a WEEK I was freaking so said never mind and got reffered to the hospital and got in for an u/s in a few days. They did a vaginal u/s and the report came back w/ adenomyosis as the diagnosis. I had never heard of it before so started doing research and had the "OMG that explains a LOT moment!" I tried taking Yaz and it worked for a while then I started having high blood pressure and had to stop taking it BOOM the symptoms returned even worse than before So I finally called the Doctor in October and asked to be scheduled for a hysterectomy. While on vacation in November af showed and OMG I was in sooo much pain in the car I took 800 mg motrin and 2 tylenol and it didn't touch the pain I was just misserable that day. THink hubby and my mom finally understood what I had been dealing with for a few years after they spent a day stuck in a car with me feeling like that.
Unread 12-15-2009, 12:20 PM

I wonder do any of you start spotting and then bleeding around day 10 and then have trouble with that until menses? My uterus feels like its on fire. I wonder how I'd really feel if I werent taking 200mg of Prometrium which is a natural progesterone to help with the bleeding. Three months ago my Dr thought I might have the beginnings of endometrial cancer so she put me on this to slough the extra lining, now I just bleed more all the time since then. I'm in so much pain today and am still not knowing...is it hyperplasia or adenomyosis. I dont know that it matters much anymore because nothing is helping anymore. I'm going to have alot of trouble finding a surgeon willing to do the surgery because of where I live and my history. I dont know how Im going to come up with the money, just so frustrated. Being so ill left me with enormous bills and I'm still not well. I think you ladies are the only ones who could possibly know whats running through my mind today.Maybe this wasn't the right place to speak of such things...I'm feeling awfully alone and exasperated today. Life must still go on whether I am well or not.I wish I were in Venice.
Thankyou for being here.
Unread 12-15-2009, 12:52 PM

I have never had bleeding in between regular cycles. I would definately get that looked at I know friends with ovarian cysts and endometriosis more commenly suffer with that. My Dr. explained to me that when the uterus is going through a period it is like a huge bruise and that the clotting with is another symptom causes so much pain because it's trying to push itself out and the uterus contracts to do it's job and release it! I just got my surgery date yesterday for Febuary 17th. I am looking forward to relief. I was on the natural progesterone cream 5 years ago and it did nothing to help me I have severe pmdd which has been helped with Sarafem which has prozac in it! I pray that you get some answers about this it sounds like you are miserable!....I can't imagine on top of all my other symptoms having to deal with that on top of it! Hang in there Venice would be nice!!
Unread 12-15-2009, 01:21 PM

Hi Butterfly Jones!
I have adenomyosis (my hyst is scheduled for Jan. 6) and at first, I just had really heavy, long periods and lots of horrible pain. But now that the disease has progressed, I am on a period ALL of the time. I don't even have a "cycle" anymore.....I bleed every day. This has been going on for 5 or 6 months now. I keep a period calendar, and it seems like I have a pattern now of only 3 or 4 days per month where I don't bleed. So it is getting worse. And, I'm still on birth control pills with all of this bleeding! If I quit the pill, I bleed so much more that I can't even leave the house. So the pill has helped, but it's not enough anymore to control the bleeding.
Hope that helps!
Phebe

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register