DH being a 'royal pain' - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

DH being a 'royal pain' DH being a 'royal pain'

Unread 03-26-2005, 01:24 AM
DH being a 'royal pain'

I understand. I fought with the DH for 3 weeks after my visit to the castle. We had so many things thrown at us at once, and I just couldn't deal with him or other things. I learned alot of things with this surgery though.........I have learned alot of things about my inlaws, and how I have spoiled my DH...to my disadvantage. I also learned that for years, I put everyone else's needs before my own.......and that I need to change! I know I will come out of this a better woman, and I am looking forward to those days. I think for now, during all my down time...I will only share my concerns with you all, so I don't have to be disappointed when the DH seems uninterested. My DH is not a bad man, I do love him dearly, but he is a very selfish man....but I chose him for reasons. He is a police officer, so I do not get much compassion. He is numb to people's problems because of his career, but I never thought it would spill over on to me. I know he is the type of man that tries to fix the problem, and this one is out of his hands, so he just hides. But I do have to give him credit, he did buy me a puppy, so I could have that "last" baby. They are all full of the good and the bad, but just remember...this website helps so much, the women on here are great, and don't ever be embarassed to say anything, there is a woman somewhere on this site whom understands! I think I would rather talk to a hystersister about my surgery, than my DH anyhow, because he really doesn't understand. Now that I don't talk much about my surgery.......My DH seems like a happy man again. Go figure......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-26-2005, 05:21 PM
DH being a 'royal pain'

Sisters,
What a beautiful word.
The experiences we are having are so similar amongst our loved ones.
This is so hard on us and so scarey, and hard on everyone who loves us enough to go through it with us.
I remember, my own mother running from a hospital waiting room during my brother's cancer surgery because she just couldn't take the strain, and we (my siblings and I ) chased her down the hallway, my older sister dragging a chair with her for my mom, who we did catch and calm down.
Sometimes, even moms (never mind husbands) just want to run away.
These life turns are not what we signed up for and certainly not what are families ever expected.
WE ARE THE WOMEN!!! WE ARE THE HEALERS!! CARETAKERS!!!
Suddenly we are sick???? What????
Dear sisters,Kristy especially, it sounds to me like your guy is doing the best he can. It may be time to lean on your best friend or next most loved person to pick up the slack.Just call someone and ask for help,be specific,"come with me,be with me..." stay in touch. Judy

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register