Does anyone know? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Does anyone know? Does anyone know?

Unread 12-18-2004, 08:21 PM
Does anyone know?

I was told last week that I have a prolapsed uterus and that my bladder is down where it has no business being. Also, a few other problems down there. I thought they could just tack the uterus back up, but the dr. said it wouldn't really help. That it would eventually fall back down, and I would have to have the hysterectomy sooner or later. Has anyone had this problem? He also thought something else was wrong with my uterus. It wasn't endometerios (sp?), but something that sounded like it. He is doing an ultrasound the 30th to check the size of my uterus and I guess to see if I have that problem. I was so stunned about the hysterectomy that I just didn't listen to good, I guess.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-18-2004, 08:52 PM
Does anyone know?

Hi, I believe you are talking about adenomyosis. I had the same thing. My uterus was enlarged, and I had a prolapse issue, also.
Unread 12-19-2004, 07:07 AM
Does anyone know?

My dr told me the same thing when I asked about just "tacking up the uterus"....he said the success rate wasn't very high.

My bladder was very prolapsed also as well as my rectum and he repaired everything during the tvh.

Here's a great page of all sorts of pre-op hints and questions to ask your dr.....#21 is a wonderful page to print out to take with you to your appt. You can add you own questions to these also. Be sure to write down your dr's answers. It's funny how our brains go blank sitting there in our paper gowns on the exam table

https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/hsl...s=&forumid=170

Once you know your surgery date, be sure and edit your profile so you can receive well wishes before you go to the hospital.

Blessings and s
Judy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-19-2004, 05:22 PM
Does anyone know?

I have those 2 problems also. My bladder is very prolapsed. My family dr. thought it was my uterus, but my gyn. said it is my bladder and the uterus is prolapsed down on it. My rectum is also prolapsed some. So I have to have those things fixed when I have the hysterectomy. My gyn is doing a ultrasound to check the size of the uterus, but he plans on doing a laprascopic (sp?) surgery. Have you already had this surgery? And, if so, how bad is it really????
Unread 12-19-2004, 05:38 PM
Does anyone know?

I didn't have anything prolapsed (or at least it wasn't mentioned to me) but I did have a Laproscopic Supercervical Hysterectomy (LSH) on 11-17-04. The recovery is suppose to be less painful than a surgical cut only in my case I had so many other things going on that I was in a lot of pain and due to all that was done, Dr is keeping me out of work 6 weeks. You have to be really careful though bcz even though you feel okay(no painful incision to heal), you are still healing the same on the inside as anyone that had the surgical cut. I'm going into week 5 and just now starting to feel decent. It's not supposed to be as painful. The standard rule for LSH is 2-4 weeks and then you're released for work. I hope this helps. God bless.
Unread 12-20-2004, 07:55 AM
Does anyone know?

I agree. We all need to be really careful after the surgery and take care of ourselves. I think sometimes that is how I got myself in this situation. After each of my children's births (3 pregnancys, 4 children), I started back in on life as soon as I could. I think I should have took it easier and let my insides heal ed better. I don't want to make that mistake this time.

I haven't got a surgery date yet. Go back on Dec. 30th for an ultrasound and to see dr. I guess we will set the date then. I don't expect this to be easy. It is major surgery after all. I am a little nervous, well, actually a lot nervous. This website is a really big help.
Unread 12-20-2004, 08:18 AM
Painful??

Hi Ladies!!

I had TAH/BSO on December 7. I am about 2 weeks post op. If you survivied the laproscopy, you can survive the hysterectomy. My laproscopy was worse pain wise than the hysterectomy has been. My main pain with the hysterectomy has come from GAS!!!! so be sure that your dr prescribes something for that. I am still taking stool softeners, along with Gas-X to keep that pain to a minimum. The incision is truly not all that painful, it is just numb right now. and my abdominal area feels like a sunburn, but it is not unbearable. My DR gave me Percocet for pain, which I took as prescribed the first week, and now, I take Advil during the day, and 1 pain pill at night just so I can sleep more comfortably.

Eveny lady that I have talked to says that after I completely recover from the surgery, I will be a different person, and that they fell better than they have in their lives!!!

I'll let you know!!!bb
Unread 12-20-2004, 08:51 AM
Does anyone know?

Gas, huh? Didn't think about that. I know after my tubal that was a big problem. Thanks for reminding me. I will ask my dr. for something for that after my surgery.
Unread 12-20-2004, 03:29 PM
Does anyone know?

Not to be little Hyst. surgery.....but in 2002 I had a gall bladder surgery, elbow rebuilt and a tubal ligation.
Then in Nov 2004 I had the TVH type hyst. Compared to all the other surgery work the hyst for me was a piece of cake!! I was in excellent health and weight which I'm sure helped. I'd had bellyaches with the GB problems that hurt a lot worse than the actual hyst.
My uterus was prolapsed BIG TIME but that was all that had fallen. The Dr told me that to tack it was usless that it was coming out one way or the other. I could schedule it myself with surgery or wait and deal with maybe in the ER one day. So I'm 43 so I decided to be out with it. So far, no problems at all. Everyone has to measure their own situation with their own " yardstick" and decide from there.
Unread 12-20-2004, 08:16 PM
Prolapses

I had a prolapse uterus, bladder, rectum and bowel. At first I didn't want a hysterectomy, but as I did research on the net, found out that 80% failed within 5 years and needed a hyst. I wasn't going to have more children so decided to go with the hyst. My surgeon also fixed the other prolapses at the same time.

Levanah

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register