What does adhesion pain feel like? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

What  does adhesion pain feel like? What does adhesion pain feel like?

Unread 10-14-2004, 06:17 PM
What does adhesion pain feel like?

I have done a search and can't find what I am looking for so thought I would post my question.

I sometimes get a sudden cramplike pain in my lower abdomin (can be on either side) when I sneeze or make a sudden movement? Does anyone else experience this? Could it be caused by adhesions? I want to be prepared for anything the surgeon may find. I also have almost constant pains (again it can be either or both sides) in my ovarian region, especially when sitting. Any ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-14-2004, 06:42 PM
adhesion pain

I have adhesions from having 3 c-sections. It is actually called scar tissue. Once you have an operation, scar tissue develops. It also starts attaching itself to other places inside you, like organs. Mine are attached to my bowel and bladder. Since I had these c-sections, I definitely have pain in the lower area where my incision is. If I cough or sneeze too hard, I will "feel" pain. Like you said it can be on the right or the left side.

My last c-section was 21 years ago & the area is still sensitive. Recently I have noticed that after sitting for a certain amount of time, once I get up I feel cramped or pain in that section. I walk around a little bit (with my hand on the area) & it usually goes away. If you have never had any surgery, then I don't think you would have adhesions. Once I have my surgery I expect these adhesions to be removed/repaired. Hope this helps you.
Unread 10-14-2004, 06:48 PM

Hi Crazy Artist
How are you today?
If you click on Hysterectomy info and look inpost op artcles I think it's article 3 gives a good incite ,Hope this helps,

Wendygai
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-15-2004, 01:08 AM

Thank you wendygai for the link - I didn't really know where to look.

The article was very informative. I learned that the pain I am having is similar to adhesion pain and can be caused by - among other things - endometriosis. A gyno I saw years ago thought there was a possibility I had endo and wanted to have a look but I got sick and had to cancel the procedure. I never did reschedule as there was too much going on in my life at the time and my symptoms weren't severe enough to warrant it.

Thankyou for you input too retuff. What you describe sounds just like what I am experiencing even though I haven't had surgery.

I guess I won't know for sure until after the op but now I won't be surprised if the surgeon finds more than just fibroids.
Unread 10-15-2004, 01:08 AM

Thank you wendygai for the link - I didn't really know where to look.

The article was very informative. I learned that the pain I am having is similar to adhesion pain and can be caused by - among other things - endometriosis. A gyno I saw years ago thought there was a possibility I had endo and wanted to have a look but I got sick and had to cancel the procedure. I never did reschedule as there was too much going on in my life at the time and my symptoms weren't severe enough to warrant it.

Thankyou for you input too retuff. What you describe sounds just like what I am experiencing even though I haven't had surgery.

I guess I won't know for sure until after the op but now I won't be surprised if the surgeon finds more than just fibroids.
Unread 10-15-2004, 01:17 AM

Thanks for you help wendygai - I didn't really know where to look. The article was very informative. I learned that adhesions can be caused by - among other things - endometriosis. The pain of adhesions the article described sounds like the pain I am having.

I was told by a gyno I went to years ago that there was chance I had endo. He wanted to have a look but I canceled the procedure as my symptoms weren't severe enough to warrant putting myself through all that stress - I had too much going on in my life at the time.

retuff - thank you for your input too. Your symptoms sound remakably similar to mine even though I haven't had surgery.

I probably won't know for sure what is going on until after my surgery but at least now it won't be a shock if I find out I have more than 'just' fibroids.
Unread 10-15-2004, 01:22 AM

Hi Crazy Artist,
I had lots of adhesions and yes they can cause alot of pain I'm not regretting my surgery at all ,probably should have had early ,but yeah things happen in our lives and we always seem to put ourself second, I've found it difficult sometimes being the princess as it's not like me,it really is important though to behave so true when they say one chance to heal properly, I hope it doesn't get too hot for you Wednesday was a real scorcher

Wendygai
Unread 10-15-2004, 01:39 AM

I just realised my last post went in THREE times. Don't know why - I didn't do anything different! Don't know how to fix it. I looked at deleting it but thought it might delete ALL of them! Can anyone help me?
Unread 10-15-2004, 01:46 AM
HELP!

Actually only two are the same - I wrote one pressed 'submit' then tried to go back and change something but the form was blank so I thought it accidentally got deleted. I then rewrote it, which is why one is slightly different. Still don't know why the second one went in twice though! Just tried to delete the different one but wasn't allowed.

HELP!
Unread 10-15-2004, 07:07 AM

I had alot of adhesions. My called it "frozen pelvis" as it looked as though someone had poured a pot of glue into my abdominal cavity. These adhesions were caused by my severe endometriosis. According to my research, the endo lesions behave just like the tissue inside the uterus. They cycle each month, and bleed while you have your period. With nowhere to go, the body seems to attack the shed blood and form scar tissue (adhesions) around it. So...even if one hasn't had abdominal surgery before, they can still have adhesions.

The pain is hard to describe, but I know mine did cause alot of problems. Every time I sat down, there was a stabbing pain right up through my vagina and into my abdomen. I had alot of adhesions in the cul-de-sac between the vagina and rectum. Whenever I sneezed, coughed, or twisted my body, I'd get a sharp, pulling pain.

Since my hysterectomy I no longer have the adhesion pain. My surgeon was very careful to try to remove as much scar tissue as possible, and to minimize bleeding so that more did not form.

Hope that helps.
s

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register