Hysterectomy for pelvic congestion | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy for pelvic congestion Hysterectomy for pelvic congestion

Unread 05-06-2002, 10:17 AM
Hysterectomy for pelvic congestion

Hi. I am new to hyster sisters. My TAH-RSO is scheduled for 8/5.

I am 39 and have suffered from chronic/constant pelvic pain since 1990. It was first thought to be from mild endo (which I had/have) but in 1999 I was also diagnosed with severe pelvic congestion. I think that has been causing my pain all along since the endo was always very mild and removing it didn't help my pain at all.

So, after 7 laps, a right oopherectomy for pain (which helped alot), and 2 c-sections I am ready for the hyst.

Just wondering if anyone else had pelvic congestion and successful pain relief with a hysterectomy?

The pelvic congestion was diagnosed with a pelvic pain mapping and pelvic venogram. The doctor told me it was severe and too far gone for the embolization techniques now available in some places (there is an area on the front of my uterus that is dark blue and extremely painful due to the blood flow problems). Another doctor told me this was from adenomyosis but I think the pelvic congestion diagnosis is correct since the pelvic venogram showed blood pooling in the area of the uterus that was blue... I believe it took over 3 minutes for the dye to clear the area.

Thank you for any experience.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-06-2002, 11:50 AM
Welcome!

Hi, SBlumen! Welcome to HysterSisters--best site for support and comfort and info! I didn't have pelvic congestion syndrome, but here is a recent thread where women are talking about this. https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sho...vic+congestion It sounds like you have been through a lot in the past, and I hope the hyst will make you feel much better and healthier. Feel free to post any questions you have and we'll try to answer. Click on the 3 princesses at the top of the page to find the pull-down menus for Ladies in Waiting, with stories and hints from past princesses. Read as much as you can here, and I'm sure you will be feeling much more comfortable and prepared for your hyst. s and best wishes!
Ruthie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register