Hi-grade lesions on cervix: Hysterectomy? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hi-grade lesions on cervix: Hysterectomy? Hi-grade lesions on cervix: Hysterectomy?

Unread 12-06-2014, 09:33 PM
Re: Hi-grade lesions on cervix: Hysterectomy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabooX2 View Post
How many bad paps have you had? Just one? Or many? How many different procedures have you had? Do you have someone to help you while you're healing?

I'm just trying to get a better picture of your situation.
This time around, one bad pap, followed by a colposcopy and a biopsy.

Have a wonderful husband and a 19 year old daughter, soon to be 20.

last time around, I had a bad pap, followed by 4 good, followed by a bad one, a colposcopy and cell removal. At the time I was told that the whole cervix is not easy to swab, so bits can be missed, and the cells removed were likely to be the ones found 5 yrs prior but due to the location it was just luck they were found again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-06-2014, 09:46 PM

QUOTE=Ealasaid;4507432]Hi <3 Chows,

I understand your concerns. Many years ago I had cryotheraphy on my cervix to treat cell changes. The treatment worked and everything went back to normal. My sister on the other hand missed an opportunity for treatment and needed hysterectomy. Each case is indeed unique.
I am an Alberta gal so I know how frustrating our health care system can be - in particular the lack of family doctors and wait times. Are you able to get a second opinion or go back to your gynecologist and ask more questions?
I am not sure if you are in a small town or large city in Alberta. Don't get me wrong walk in clinics can be great but for continuity of care your needs might be better met with a family doctor. There are some great resources online for the major cities but small town Alberta will
be more challenging.
At end of the day gather as much knowledge as possible and make a decision that takes care of your health and well being. Good luck [/quote]

I'm in Red Deer. I tried asking my gynecologist questions but I think he was expecting me to have googled everything, I asked about sex (not with him ) complications and a couple of other things but wasn't really sure what to ask. My husband is of the thought that it's sensible to have a big preventative surgery now, whilst I'm relatively young, than in 5-10 - 15 years where my recovery would be harder. I see his point.

I'm going to try and call that health number on Monday to see if there is a womens health something or other locally.
Unread 12-07-2014, 08:40 AM

That is a good point about current age and recovery. Hopefully you find some more resources locally. Remember if you have more questions( even the sex ones )or need support you can always start up a new thread. Hooray for hystersisters. Let us know how everything goes.
Unread 12-07-2014, 09:30 AM

Thanks ladies
Unread 01-10-2015, 05:08 AM
Hi-grade lesions on cervix: Hysterectomy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by <3 Chows View Post
Hi Ladies, found you all late last night and been having a little look around today

Yesterday I got a call saying I had had Hi Grade lesions on my cervix. At the time of the biopsy, I asked how many times my cervix could be fixed - I mean is it like grating a block of cheese, you grate away until the there is non left or does it grow back like skin The doctor then said that due to my history he would fully support me if I chose to have a hysterectomy, not quite the reply I was expecting eek.

I'd initially gone to the doctors about my periods which have changed dramatically since my tubes were tied 2 years ago, causing enough pain to miss days off work and bleeding through tampons and pads in 30 mins, very different to my light hardly know what's happening carry on as normal periods. I was sent for a Pap and then a biopsy and here we are. My Mum died age 62 a couple of years ago of Bile duct cancer, she was a breast cancer survivor. My Maternal grandmother also had cancer, in the stomach area, no one ever really spoke of it or what it was though, she survived but also died young at 73, she was never 100% after as the radiation caused so much internal damage.

I feel for me that cancer is a ticking time bomb, not an if but a when. I've spoken to some friends and they have all said whip it all out, get rid, you don't need it, best thing I ever did etc, but then I've read that it can affect sex, my hormones are already all over the place and my GP was suggesting it may be necessary to go back on the pill. i"m confused and scared and my husband doesn't seem to realise the enormity of this decision, I also lost my job on Tuesday so i'm a bit of a wreck right now
I don't know if this will help, but I was diagnosed with stage 1B1 andenocarcinoma in my cervix in July 2013. I had a cone biopsy in July 2013, but unfortunately my margins were not clear and it was recommended I have a hysterectomy. Thankfully I went for a second opinion and that doctor led me to a surgeon who was able to save my uterus. I did two rounds of egg retrieval before my surgery (just in case) and we froze a dozen embryos. In October 2013 I had a radical vaginal trachelectomy and my lymph nodes were removed abdominally. I am now pregnant (yay!) and will have a hysterectomy after my c-section. I don't know if you would be a candidate for or would want the surgery I had, but I wanted you to know about my experience if you are looking for different options. Best wishes!
Unread 01-10-2015, 09:06 AM

Congratulations on your pregnancy. I had my hysterecto y on Wednesday. I hope you continue to stay well and enjoy that precious baby. My baby turned 20 on Thursday, time flies.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register