pain from fibroids | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

pain from fibroids pain from fibroids

Unread 10-04-2006, 08:55 PM
pain from fibroids

Has any one had severe pain from fibroids? My pain seams to get worse the closer I get to my LAVH surgery on 10/13/06. Not only am I having severe cramping, back pain, and leg pain, but I'm having urgencies to urinate and it is becoming painful. Not like a UTI or bladder infection, like a lot of pressure, similar to a pregnancy (which is not even likely). I've had a tubal and an ablation. But the feeling is the same as if I was about 9 months pregnant. Anyone else had these symptoms and did they go away after the hyst?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-04-2006, 09:21 PM
pain from fibroids

Florida, I had sooooooo much pressure from my fibroid, that I felt like everything was going to fall out. I had maybe one week out of the month that I felt good and the Saturday before my surgery, I was on my period and thought I would die. I hurt so bad and was going so heavy, the night of my surgery, when I was awake and at home I couldn't believe how much better I felt. Yes there was pain from the surgery, but nothing like what I had with my periods. My lower back hurt and my legs would hurt too, I asked my chiropractor one day, if my lower back was out of whack and he said no, I knew then something had to give and since the surgery, I already feel like a new woman.
Unread 10-04-2006, 09:26 PM
pain from fibroids

Thank you for your positive note. I cannot wait to feel normal again. I feel pretty good in the morning, but by the night I'm in pain. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-04-2006, 09:37 PM
pain from fibroids

s to you. I am experiencing the same pains and problems. I am taking so many pain pills that a friend said my purse looked more like a pharmacy. Hopefully surgery will take care of all of this. I'll keep you in my prayers. May your surgery be uneventful and your recovery quick and pain-free.

Shelby
Unread 10-05-2006, 11:25 AM
pain from fibroids

Florida - I am currently experiencing pain and pressure from Fibroids (again). I had a myomectomy 5 years ago and they grew back again so I will be having a LAVH in December. These fibroids are not as painful as the ones previously, but are causing back pain, constipation and extreme heavy bleeding. I can't wait to get them out! Hang in there, you don't have long to go! Good luck at the Castle! Keep us informed!
Unread 10-05-2006, 12:44 PM
pain from fibroids

Hi florida06,

My fibroids were rapid growers and my uterus had enlarged to the size of a 22 wk pregnancy I experienced extreme abdominal pressure and pain; chronic fatigue, stress & urge incontinence, horrible back pain, difficult periods, and indigestion. My surgery is set for Nov. 13th (TAH vertical), but in the meanwhile, my GYN started me on Lupron Depot shots (3.75 mg) to help reduce the fibroids. After the first shot and 4 wks, my uterus went from 22 wks down to 19 wks I just got injection #2 and will go back for #3 and exam on 10/27. In just losing 3 wks in uterus size, I already feel more like my old self, pre all of this female malfunction. Plus, having reduced the fibroids will also allow for my doc to make a smaller/shorter incision. So, I'm soooo looking forward to my hyst ...if I'm feeling this much improvement with the Lupron.
Unread 10-05-2006, 12:55 PM
pain from fibroids

Thanks for your response. I hope your surgery will go very smoothly. I cannot wait to be out of pain.
Unread 10-05-2006, 12:56 PM
pain from fibroids

Thank you. I'm hanging! Only 8 days left. Good luck to you as well.
Unread 10-05-2006, 12:58 PM
pain from fibroids

Thank you. I wonder what percentage of women experience no pain with fibroids. From the research I've done, fibroids hardly carry no symptoms. I'd like to be on the patient panel for that one. Only 8 days to go and hopefully this will all be a memory.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register