Tonight I am reminded of why I am doing this. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Tonight I am reminded of why I am doing this. Tonight I am reminded of why I am doing this.

Unread 10-28-2013, 10:53 PM
Tonight I am reminded of why I am doing this.

So Aunt Flo came to make her final visit today and I know exactly why I am going through with my hysterectomy on the 14th of November. The pain is horrible. I am so tired of the back pain, the cramps, the exhaustion. The heavy bleeding that no matter what I do lately always seems to make a mess. I have found myself wondering in the last week if I was making the right choice and tonight I know that it is. I am terrified of the surgery. I have nightmares of dying but I can't live like this either. I guess I just needed to get this out there to people who I know will understand. I am so scared and sad and yet so relieved and almost excited. I just pray it all goes well with no major complications.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-28-2013, 11:01 PM
Re: Tonight I am reminded of why I am doing this.

I'm new here, I just joined, but I wanted you to know that I read this and I'm here. My best thoughts and wishes are going out to you. I understand what you are saying... last week when my period started, my bathroom looked like a crime scene. It was insane! So you aren't alone in how you are feeling!
Unread 10-28-2013, 11:42 PM

My TAH is also on Nov 14 & I too am getting my last ever visit from Aunt Flo to remind me why I need to do this!!! We will both do great and in 2 1/2 weeks will be on the road to recovery. I will say a calming prayer for both of us and also for smooth safe surgeries with uneventful recoveries.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-29-2013, 12:07 AM

I had the exact same thoughts before, during and after my last period at the end of August. I'd put off my hysterectomy for 3 years, so once I finally decided to go through with it, I was upset I had to wait 2 months. From the other side, let me tell you it's AWESOME! I am almost 5 weeks post op, which means I've missed a period I would have had without the surgery. Freedom!!
Unread 10-29-2013, 12:28 AM
Tonight I am reminded of why I am doing this.

I too had a visit from Aunt Flo and was scheduled for surgery today. Yesterday the receptionist cancelled as Dr was unwell. I was shattered because I was organised and had been feeling very anxious. Not about the actual procedure but just the long recovery time. I am rebooked on the 4th so will let you know how I go. You are not alone x
Unread 10-29-2013, 06:08 AM

It's such a mixed bag of feelings isn't it? The nerves and worried that go along with this decision, then our body gives one last final goodbye to remind us why we're doing this. I'm scheduled for Friday and my cycle was week and a half ago. The pain really helped with that peace. Good luck and know we're here and can relate to some of those feelings that go hand and hand with this journey.
Unread 10-29-2013, 08:11 AM

Thanks so much ladies. It is so nice to know I am not alone. I will be saying prayers for each of you. I cannot wait to be on the other side of this and on my way to recovery. I think once I get through the actual surgery that my anxiety will subside and I can just focus on healing. Hugs to you all and thank you for the support.
Unread 10-29-2013, 08:19 AM

Oh how I hate that my Aunt showed up in ALL her glory last night as well. I just posted a few minutes ago about her not-so-wanted visit. But she is on time for once. lol and beating me like a battering ram.

I am so afraid of getting this surgery done. So many things to worry about....I just hope things work out wonderfully on the other side for me. For all of us. I go in on the 13th of Nov. Best wishes to all of you.....xoxo
Unread 10-29-2013, 11:41 AM

I too was having nightmares and was terrified of having the surgery. They had to medicate me before going to the hospital because I was so scared. From experience it wasn't that bad. I don't remember going to sleep. They will make sure you are very comfortable and remember they do this kind of surgery all the time. Women go through this surgery all the time and believe me it is SOOOOOO worth it! I had my surgery June 24th and had no problems since. This site will help you. We all been there and know how you feel. Just keep reminding yourself why you are having this done. Think about the positives about this.
Unread 10-29-2013, 03:27 PM

ArtemisLady71, one of my GYNs told me that 90% of patients have no complications following a hysterectomy. Take comfort in these excellent odds!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register