no bleeding | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 01-28-2007, 09:07 AM
no bleeding

This is going to sound crazy but I'm concern that I don't have the bleeding/heavy bleeding that so many of you ladies talk about.

I have 5 large fibroids and 1 very large fibroid and nothing has changed with my periods. Only 2 days that I need to wear anything.

My question is will the bleeding start later or is there something else going on with me? I'm afraid of the big "c" cause my mother died of it 6 years ago. Her's was colon and then spread.

Am I just worrying myself for nothing?

Thanks everyone
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-28-2007, 09:36 AM
no bleeding

The best advice I can give you is to ask your doctor. Everyone is different and you might just be lucky and not have the heavy bleeding or it hasn't started yet.
Unread 01-28-2007, 09:42 AM
no bleeding

Thanks

I will definitely ask him but I don't see him till the end of March and that question was just bugging me too much.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-28-2007, 09:49 AM
no bleeding

Have you had a transvaginal ultrasound or a D&C or an endometrial biopsy? Has your doctor said anything to you about your uterus being enlarged? It could be that your fibroids are partially blocking your cervix and keeping the blood from getting out. When my doctor attempted to do a D&C on me he found my uterus was full of blood (my tumor had grown down into my cervical canal) - I hadn't had a period in about a year, just constant mucousy (sp) discharge. If you're really concerned you should call and try to make an earlier appointment. If there are none, you could ask to be put on a cancellation list.

Good luck.
Unread 01-28-2007, 10:01 AM
no bleeding

I did have a transvaginal ultrasound done last Wed.

When I had my first appointment with the Dr. he tried to do a biopsy but he didn't think he was too successful because he felt that my cervix was closed over. He did tell me that my first ultrasound should that I was about 22 weeks preg, or I should say I look about 22 weeks preg. so I guess that means that my uterus if diff. enlarged and maybe your right it could be full of blood. I should be glad that I'm not or atleast or yet having the heavy bleeding but with this being major surgery, you start to get abit paranoid.
Unread 01-28-2007, 06:44 PM
no bleeding

I had a fibroid the size of a grapefruit when i had my hysterectomy. And my uterus was about the size of 16 weeks preg. I didn't have any problems with my period. They came every month and lasted about 4 or 5 days. They were not heavy. I first found out i had the fibroid from a reg. pelvic exam. Eventually the fibroid was just getting bigger so that is why i had to have my hysterectomy.
Unread 01-28-2007, 07:11 PM
no bleeding

I had 1 alien fibroid, several large and a dozen pearl to large marble sized when I had my surgery. My periods, though increasing painful, were never regularily heavy and I only passed 1 clot (it was memorable).

I could feel my alien through my skin in the morning. It was having unpleasant interaction with my bladder and digestion and my clothes no longer fit the same. My surgery had nothing to do with what so many experience with bleeding.

I think many women without the bleeding issues, unless they end of with fibroids adhering leave them alone. Ofcourse, they like so many other things in our lives, come down to a quality of life issue and for each of us that is a very personal decision that we can only determine based on our unique circumstances.

Julie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register