When you come to after hysterectomy, are you irrational or saying things that you can't control due to the pain meds? - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

When you come to after hysterectomy, are you irrational or saying things that you can't control due to the pain meds? When you come to after hysterectomy, are you irrational or saying things that you can't control due to the pain meds?

Unread 04-29-2014, 09:52 AM
Re: When you come to after hysterectomy, are you irrational or saying things that you can't control due to the pain meds

Fiesty, I think if a guy's a gyn surgeon and that good looking, he's got to have heard it all already. :-D
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-29-2014, 10:25 AM
Re: When you come to after hysterectomy, are you irrational or saying things that you can't control due to the pain meds

My surgeon looks exactly like Louis CK. Makes it hard to resist the urge to ask him to tell me something funny. THAT'S probably what I'll ask in the OR.
Unread 04-29-2014, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornACrone View Post
Fiesty, I think if a guy's a gyn surgeon and that good looking, he's got to have heard it all already. :-D
True, very true. But I still didn't want it to come from me. I like to keep my crushes secret.
Unread 04-29-2014, 03:42 PM

I do remember after my lap I woke up exclaiming I woke up I really woke up! I was terrified of dying.

I remember laying on that table for the hysterectomy, so little. I asked if they had one for fat girls .
Unread 05-04-2014, 08:22 PM

They gave me Versed while being wheeled to the surgery suite. I remember saying "Thank God" and that's the last thing I remember. However, the doctor told me the next day that I was telling everyone in the surgical suite to "hurry up" and "let's get a move on it". It doesn't surprise me since I was pretty nervous prior to surgery but I sure got a good laugh out of it!!!
Unread 05-05-2014, 05:10 AM

My friend says that the recovery room nurse told her that I'm a "sweet, sweet woman." Since I don't remember the recovery room at all, I have no idea what I said or did to give her that impression!
Unread 05-05-2014, 11:15 AM

Everyone is different for sure!
My Mom said it was the most calm and relaxed she'd seen me in a long time in recovery.
I remember waking up in the or actually and my surgeon giving me the thumbs up.
then I asked my anesthesiologist if the patch for nausea was still behind my ear before they moved me!
hope you did well !
Unread 05-05-2014, 12:49 PM

I wish I told my dr how I felt about him! I secretly call himDr. Cutie Patootie! I don't remember anything after the happy juice, I never saw the OR and when I woke up in recovery I thought I was skipping through a field of flowers! I felt so good! No pain-I was happy! I asked to see my husband they brought him in for a minute to see me and back to sleep I went. Maybe I did say something to Dr. Cutie...the next day the other surgeon came in to check on me and schedule my release ..maybe he was afraid?!?!? Lol
Unread 05-05-2014, 03:25 PM

Here's some dialog I had with my doctor/surgeon before my laparoscopy/hysteroscopy years ago. This was before they gave me the happy juice so I was coherent and non-drugged.So I had heard about the gas pains that could settle in your shoulder or ribs, and was really worried about that happening to me (which it did dang it!) So I told my doctor "Be sure to get all that gas out ok?.....out of me, not you!" And with his quick wit he replied: Well even if it was me, YOU'D never know it." (because I'd be out you know). I just remember laughing so hard at that, that I almost forgot about what was about to happen to me. OK and then after the happy juice, as they were wheeling me to the OR, I had my arms up in the air waving them about yelling "Weeeeee this is FUUUUUNNNN!!!" I was out before I ever made it to the OR.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register