Biopsy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 02-20-2004, 12:28 AM
Biopsy

Hi ladies,

I am due to have a pippelle biopsy done on Tuesday and am really worried about it. I have had for children, but all by caesarian section. My gyn said that, because I have not delivered vaginally, this is going to hurt ALOT! I know I am a big wuss, but I am really worried about this, and the fact that I am bleeding again which will add to the total humiliation of the proceedure. I know having kids is supposed to cure you of shyness, but I am really dreading all this, which is why I have put it off for so many years. I haven't done the pap smear test for over 10 years - terrible, I know, but just couldn't face it. We know our doctor socially,(our 3rd son is named for him!) and couldn't bear the thought of facing him after something like that, LOL! Hyst is booked for the 11th March, just hoping they don't find anymore trouble. Can anyone give me any reassurance about this? Thanks so much.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-20-2004, 05:19 AM
Biopsy

Hi there!

I'm sorry you're having to go through this!

I'm wondering why they wouldn't want to do the biopsy while you are under anesthesia for your hysterectomy? ...although I'm sure that would be done if they deemed it possible, or I guess they're doing it this way so they will have results prior to your surgery.

I'm also wondering if there is something the doc can suggest to calm you down and help you relax for the biopsy?

Anyway, I'm sending big s your way ~ hope all goes well!
Unread 02-20-2004, 06:01 AM
Biopsy

Hi
I had that biopsy done 2 weeks agi I also have had 2 sections & never delivered vaginally. It cramped but did not HURT the worst for me was actually beleive it or not the speculum. it hurt then he took it out and used a smaller one. I ALSO waited WAY too long to ahev a pap, 14 years I know very bad! my pap came back normal ! but my biopsy showed multi polups and endrometrial hyperplasia so I am goign to have a total hysterectomy. I hoped to have it vaginally but he said between the fact that I have never had a child vaginally and me being "tight" He has to do it abdomnally.
So Here I sit & wait! Im scared to deatrh of being in the hospital and the surgery itself but the worst was waiting on results. Please don't do as I did & think the worst! the biopsy is not that bad its over really fast and I was a little crampy for a day or two and spotted after funny thing is it stopped my 9 week long bleeding spell LOL go figger that! I think it was Gods way of making me go get an exam! who knows!
Know you are NOT alone, if you want PM me & we can chat!

huggs & best thoughts!
Donna
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-20-2004, 06:20 AM
Biopsy

Dear Donna and Chris,

Thanks so much for your kind replies. It does seem odd to me too that they do this even though he has decided on the op. He didn't want to give me another general because of all the other ones I had ad already. My scan showed endo and a bulky enlarged uterus, and his physical exam nearly had me on the ceiling with the pain. I guess he is looking for something else. I want to keep my ovaries if poss, and I guess this is the way to find out if that's viable. I will be happy to pm you Donna, and thanks for the invite. I am at work now, so I had better actually do some - I am trying to be super efficient so they will want me back when my time comes!

Thank you both so much.

Regards,

Mary

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register