MIL is driving me completely insane... - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

MIL is driving me completely insane... MIL is driving me completely insane...

Unread 03-03-2004, 01:17 PM
MIL is driving me completely insane...

My MIL lives 1000 miles away. Doesn't stop her from not knowing how to shut up. She never called to see how I was doing, just called to berate her son for allowing me to do such a thing to my body,

I should also mention, for the sake of perspective, that the old bat thinks Vagina is in Canada.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-03-2004, 01:54 PM

Hello Rene and ladies:

Some of your comments made me laugh. I am glad that you have your crazy MIL under control. Get some duct tape just in case she does come over and she opens up that big wind tunnel of a mouth of hers. I feel sorry for the grand kids.

The one about stuffing her in the trunk made me laugh because today I saw a bumper sticker that said please hit me...mother in law in trunk.

My cousin has one of those MIL's. Anyway whenever he finds out the noisy out of control battle axe is coming for a visit he buys his wife and kids a plane ticket to her house. lol. Warm hugs, Connie
Unread 03-03-2004, 02:01 PM

Just tell her you refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-03-2004, 05:02 PM
MIL - me too

I always turned on the charm and really could have earned an OSCAR with my performance. It was such a challenge but I always looked so serious and told her " Thank you SO MUCH for ALL of your concern. I could not LIVE without your prayers for my speedy recovery!! " That made the whole family think I was a saint and my DH take care of her over the phone - once they left. How could she be so rude when I was soooo kind. Once you do it the first time, you will get such a kick out of how speechless she is...it will be easy to do it the following times. Think of it as a game and have some mental fun with her............

Good luck and you will be FINE!!!!! Hang in there and just remember that you are not related to her blood wise.....

: )
Unread 03-03-2004, 07:10 PM
Rene'

Rene'

I am soooo impressed with your DH. I don't have that problem with my MIL. She is great. We get along wonderfully. She is more like my own mother than a MIL. But, again, I am very impressed with what your DH. He sound like a great guy. I guess everything will be just fine now. Good Luck and God Bless you.

lrp1012
Unread 03-03-2004, 07:23 PM

Hi Renee,

You poor thing. I can relate, I also have the MIL from Hell. When I called to tell them I was having the TVH, she never even offered to help and told me "Well, you are an adult and that's an adult problem." This is actually an improvement over when I was pregnant and on bedrest due to toxemia and she told me a few days before I was due to be induced that she hadn't bought anything for the baby, "in case she is born dead or retarded". Can you believe that level of ignorance and insensitivity (actually, I think you can!)?

Anyway, in that case, I had my doctor intervene. I went in for my next check up and had a panic attack just like you did. My doctor told me that I was not to speak to her again until after the baby was born, and that she would call her to ensure that she was "adequately educated". She did just that! I agree with the other post, have the hospital staff step in. Have your phone turned off and make sure all visitors stop in at the desk.

Good thing hubby stepped in. Mine is getting better, but he usually goes the more passive-aggressive route. Good for him for telling him to watch the grandkids and stay away!

I also freaked out when I heard the "risks". I try to remind myself those are risks with any surgery and that medical technology is very good. Keeping it in the back of your mind is one thing, but obsessing about it is a waste of the energy we will need for later. Hang in there. Give your husband a hug from all of us!
Unread 03-04-2004, 06:15 AM

YEAH FOR YOUR HUBBY!!!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register