Spending every waking moment here, 3 days away - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Spending every waking moment here, 3 days away Spending every waking moment here, 3 days away

Unread 09-10-2007, 10:02 AM
Spending every waking moment here, 3 days away

Hi Ladies,

I'm scheduled for a Lap. on Thursday. I told my husband and son last night that "we" need to get all the laundry done, the house cleaned, etc. My husband is a "Mr. Clean" but he's not good with the laundry.

I'm not looking forward to surgery but I guess we just don't have a choice.

I wish you ladies well and a speedy recovery!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-10-2007, 11:26 AM

s!! GL to you and I hope you have a fast wonderful recovery!
Unread 09-10-2007, 12:45 PM

Hi Ladies! It sounds like you all have everything covered. I do agree it's good to spend much of your time preparing, but please remember to pamper yourselves as much as you can. Resting now is important too. As well as eating right and getting exercise if your able. It will help afterwards. One more thing I'd like to mention. I don't know if anyone reacted this way but me, but the ride home was a little hard. I felt kind of loopy and just not right. I don't know if it was the motion of the car or what but I sure was glad to get home. Remember to bring a pillow to wear over your tummy for the way home. I forgot mine, the nurse let me have a disposable one to take. Wishing the best to all of you!!

daisy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-10-2007, 01:35 PM

Hey, I am also a sept 12! Yikes, it is so close. I spent the weekend as a mother daughter camp weekend with my 9 year old. It was awesome and kept my mind totally off the surgery. Today, I have been to walmart and am cooking a roast and gumbo for the family. Checked my 7 year old son out of school and took him out to lunch (since he had no mom time this weekend). Tomorrow I have to bowel prep so it will be a day at home after a few morning errands. I did have my dr call me in something to sleep since I can not turn my brain off at night. I can NOT wait for this to be over...Good luck everyone...I know I will be on here tonight, tomorrow...My surgery is at 7am and I have to be there for 5:45.
Unread 09-10-2007, 01:46 PM

I am on the 12th as well - unfortunately for cancer. I am two hours from the hospital and will not know until sometime between noon and 5PM tomorrow what time the surgery is scheduled for. I have to start with the Halflytely bowel prep stuff in the AM, so will be staying close to home the whole day. DH will take the dog over to the kennel in the early afternoon, so I don't have to worry about that. I will probably spend my time divided between the bathroom and the computer! I called the Dr last week for an anti-anxiety medication to help me sleep better, but I don't think it will do much good tomorrow night. At least I will be home, in my own bed. If I end up with an early surgery I guess we will just head out a 4AM. Better than a night in a strange motel while doing the bowel prep!
Unread 09-10-2007, 08:26 PM

Bj444 & doodlebee - All the best to you both. There are at least 30 other princesses just on this site that are going to the castle on the 12th! On your last day at home, try to fill your mind & body with good things. See an old friend, visit someone who will find it difficult to visit you during your recovery. Eat good things and know that you are not alone.
Unread 09-11-2007, 07:19 AM

Hi Sandypa, Annie, Runner, slipperlady,and funnyesq. Thanks for all the tips. I am beginning to freak out now. I had the lab work done yesterday and am now official. I have an arm band on, so I definitely am reminded that I am making a hospital trip. It is totally beginning to sink in, hey, this is really happening. One day away! Yesterday I spent a lot of time on here, just reading the posts and trying to gain some information. I read a lot of people talking about GasX, so picked some up. I have my recovery room almost ready to go, just a last few minute things like packing my bag.
Best wishes too you, runner! I have to be at the hospital at 6:00 a.m. and my surgery is scheduled for 8:00 a.m. She said to figure on about two hours for surgery, two hours for recovery, so somewhere around 12:00-1:00 I should be in my own room. My twin sister is coming from Reno for the day and wants to see me before I go in (I only see her once a year, this will make it twice). My mom will also be there waiting with my DH. So, it sounds like you and I will be paralleling times. I'll have to remember that another dear sister I've chatted with will be crawling on the OR table about the same time.

Well, have my women's Bible study this a.m. and know they will all be praying for me as well. Our life group that meets mid-week will also be praying, so I know there is lots of prayer support for me. IT STILL DOESN'T HELP THE JITTERS RIGHT NOW, THOUGH!

Best wishes to you all. It will be fun and interesting to chat about our experiences when we are all done, huh? Take care and don't overdo it.
Unread 09-11-2007, 07:37 AM

To all that are having surgery tomorrow....I know this is hard to do, but just relax. Yes, the beginning is difficult, but you will get through it. Today is my 12th day post surg. and I am doing great. I barely feel anything, except for the puffy belly and a twinge when I move the wrong way. I think my recovery went well because I had been through an ovary removal a few years ago and I knew what to expect. Also, I know that the sooner you get up and walk, the better. I was off the morphine pump and the catheter the next morning. I walked to the bathroom, got freshened up, and then took a walk down the hall. I would get up every hour and take a stroll up and down the hall. I'm 54, and my friends who visited me when I came home could not believe I was up and around. So just get off that pump, walk and don't lay around all day the next day. I made that mistake the last time and I can tell the difference in recovery this time.....and.....I'm about 10 years older!!!! You will do great! Best wishes and I'll be thinking of all of you!
Unread 09-11-2007, 07:38 AM

I know what you mean ladies...I have had a LOT of nervous energy lately. I've been cleaning like crazy, including the stuff I've left for months. My poor DH is afraid to go into the kitchen cause I'm forever "nagging" him to pick up after himself cause I just cleaned in there. We'll see how well he does on his own here for a few days while I'm in the castle. Poor guy is even getting a bit more excersize since I'm making him go for walks with me lately...and they're getting longer. OH well, in a few days I'll probably be happy to walk to the end of the driveway. My biggest complaint right now is because I'm drinking all this EXTRA water (I drink a lot anyway) I'm forever going to the potti...was up 4 times last nite!, guess tonight will be worse, but hey, I figure I hopefully can catch up on my sleep afterwards...or at least rest.

Good luck to all of us and WE WILL BE FINE!
Unread 09-11-2007, 08:15 AM

Wow,
can you believe how many of us are going to the castle the same day (12th). That means when we are all back and able we will be having a major chat about our experiences. I haven't felt too nervous, but my husband says I am because I am on this site constantly! Sunday night I could not sleep at all, and was literally on here all night long. My DH went to bed and woke up and I was still sitting here. He said, and you don't think you're nervous? It just helps soooo much to read all the postings and glean so much information.

To all of you lovely ladies who share the same day, some the same age as me, some younger, I pray God's peace and comfort will surround us as we give our concerns, worries, and fears over to Him. He will take care of everything, I firmly believe that. Best wishes for a healthy, happy, speedy recovery. ON THE FINAL COUNTDOWN! I'll probably chat with some of you tonight, as I know I will be on here before the big day tomorrow.
God Bless you all!
Sharon

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register