Kept both ovaries, EXTREMELY moody... - Page 34 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Kept both ovaries, EXTREMELY moody... Kept both ovaries, EXTREMELY moody...

Unread 07-30-2007, 07:49 PM
Kept both ovaries, EXTREMELY moody...

Im glad Im not alone on the mammo thing either. Since they decided to do my annual along with my 4wk post op, I got handed a slip for a mammo too. Last year I had a bruise on the left side for a month afterward! I think Im putting it off for a while yet.

No medicinal drinks for me this evening my swelly belly is huge and I actually feel sick to my stomach for some reason! Ok I declared not to whine too much today.

Lala dont answer your phone in the middle of the night unless it is Great Guy tonight!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-30-2007, 08:02 PM

aw thanks for the postive energy tonight! Idont think there will be a middle of thenight call from him , but i like the way you think!

I confess to being a little frustrated... i ripped my knee up three years ago, as my friend's hubby did today. I went through it completely alone -- much as the hyster -- and to listen to my friend worry as i know she must -- i keep saying -- he'll get through it (i did!) and at least you have each other. It is just very frustrating... i am sure some of my feelings are related to the hyster and how i have felt ignored and alone by friends just as I was with the much lesser injury of the knee.

oh well! a good night's sleep will help immensely -- in lieu of the midnight call!!

thank you hope.
Unread 07-30-2007, 08:08 PM

I understand your frustration. Its hard to be the one who is always there and the few times that you actually could use some help its not there! Like I said earlier you are the better person for it. (Im sure it doesnt feel that way now but its true)!

Kris,
Has your day been any better today?

I sure hope the sandman visits every sister tonight!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-30-2007, 08:17 PM

I feel a lot like those v8 commercials, where someone bomps someone on the forehead... about overlooking those veggies. omigod! i am a veggie!!

thank you for understanding as always hope, you are endlessly gracious.

lala
Unread 07-30-2007, 08:24 PM

Its easy to be gracious! You and the other sisters are so good to me and I know it sounds corny but it means the world to me. I whole heartedly mean it when I say I dont know where I would be without my sisters. This recovery has been a process like nothing I have ever been through. It has been a huge test physically and mentally, and well I guess I certainly was not prepared.

So right back at you awesomeLala, your words of wisdom and honesty are always there for me too!!
Unread 07-30-2007, 08:35 PM

the V8 comercial reference was funny, lala, I knew you'd come through for me when I was least expecting it

I was just fixin (sorry, it's a Texas thing... fixin lol) to get off of the computer... was driving my eyes crazy playing a game on yahoo... haven't done that in a looooong time, never have the time... now my head's spinnin!

I agree with hope... you ladies make the days possible!
Unread 07-30-2007, 08:38 PM

I feel like you all are the only ones who understand me anymore. and thank you!!

the sleep fairy is getting ready to sprinkle the Magic Dust over all the fair hyster princesses!!

talk to you tomorrow!

lala
Unread 07-30-2007, 08:43 PM

Good night ladies,

I was just thinking that I have shared my inner most feelings with all of you and couldnt possibly to that with anyone else other than my DH and even he doesnt get like all of you do. I hope we can all remain friends for a long time.

Im wishing everyone a peaceful nights sleep also. Thanks for the fairy dust PixieLala.

Thanks everyone for another day of caring and sharing.
Unread 07-31-2007, 03:50 AM

wow - I actually went away this weekend and can't believe how much I missed! Not only soooo many posts, but also the laughter, wondering how everyone's days & evenings are going - This may be one of the corny-ists posts on here yet, but, I was so worried about all of you, I couldn't wait to get on the computer to "check in" on you all!
Once again, I can't get to sleep *sigh
I was in such a Please don't override the website censor mood when we got home last night!Two of my kidlets decided to both be miserable to each other - so, I asked DH to go downstairs and check things out - you know the - what's going on? who did what? is there blood? He came back up and blamed it all on me, etc... So, I left the bedroom, then my middle kidlet was trying to explain what had happened - I yelled at him AND the other two....then I felt so terrible! I apologized to him and he didn't even want to talk to me today...I apologized again and he said he didn't hear me last night but, he understands. Of course, then I ended up in my room crying my eyes out *I feel like such a basketcase!
I would be so lost right now! I definitely understand some of the "friend" issues as well - I started wondering what I was doing wrong. Whenever a friend or neighbor has needed anything, I have been there - even when it wasn't a good time or day for me. I have been "sick" for lack of a better word right now, for a long time, but, have always managed to try and make people feel better. Two of the ladies here I know through the kids in soccer and had considered friends, went in for their hysterectomies (?sp), so I went and bought them some things to try to let them know that I'm thinking about them (a couple of books, a word search puzzle book, pen, lip gloss stuff, lotion, easy candies - tic tacs, lifesavers, etc, some chocolate of course lol and so on). Since I've had mine, I have never heard from them - one of my friends saw them at the store when she was picking up a book for me (I read lots and am a speed reader), long story short, they asked her why she was even bothering that it wasn't like I had major surgery or anything! Needless to say, I was stunned when she told me! (This was last week)
I'm sorry - I am done venting and whinning now!
How is everyone REALLY doing/feeling? I am actually asking because I do really want to know and care...
I'm going to keep on reading now, to try and catch up on anything I missed about your weekends ~Donna~
Unread 07-31-2007, 06:58 AM

good morning sisters!

i slept GREAT last night and aaaaah!! woke up at two and used the ladies' but was able to go right back to sleep!

welcome back dk! I have to say (about that woman in the store) i cannot imagine if i lived to be as old as Adam, EVER forgetting how difficult this has been. maybe she was one of those perky sisters -- "I am off pain meds at day two! i am going back to work at day four! i feel Please don't override the website censor. but it is another five and a half weeks to get cleared!"

I dont read those posts lest i go 'post'al! :burning:

I hope everyone had a great night's sleep!

lala

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register