Numbness | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 05-17-2004, 11:07 AM
Numbness

I had a TAH last Monday, May 10th, two days before my 42nd birthday(Happy Birthday to me), and so far I'm feeling great. I actually went to the gym yesterday and walked(slowly) on the treadmill for an hour. Here is my question, I have about a 3 inch strip from my belly button to my pubic bone that is totally numb, anybody else experience anything like that? I had a c-section almost 12 years ago but don't remember being numb that high up. By the way, I love this web-site, it's been a great sorce of information.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-17-2004, 11:10 AM
Me Too...

I had a C-Section almost 17 years ago and had a numb area. I had a Laparaoscopy last May and it got a little bit bigger. I had a TAH on April 27th and yet, a larger area.

Kinda feels weird. I am wondering if some of it will go away. The areas around it are getting feeling back but right below the belly button down... Nada.. LOL..

Stacy
Unread 05-17-2004, 11:27 AM
Numbness

I had a TAH on 4/20 and my abdomen is numb too! I've read about this subject on here before and it seems pretty common. Some people get the feeling back and some don't. I'm sure we shall hear from others!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-17-2004, 11:30 AM
Numbness

Yup! Just posted almost the identical question about 2-3 days ago! I'm told this is nothing unusual. Ladies getting tummy tucks or other abdominal surgery have had this experience. It may go away, and it may not entirely, is what I hear.

Cheers, Judy
Unread 05-17-2004, 11:46 AM
Numbness

I had a TAH in December 03. Just now starting to get a little feeling in the area above my scar (bikini cut) but I had no feeling for the first few months. Kind of like the feeling you have after leaving dentist after some fillings. My doctor said he has a pretty big scar since 1982 and has never regained any feeling. I guess some people do and some don't.

Sonni41

TAH/BSO and 27 days radiation for good measure.
Unread 05-17-2004, 11:53 AM
Numbness

I had a TAH on 4/28, 2 days before my 49th birthday. I told my kids that this is a birthday present to myself; a new life.

I, too, have some numbness. It isn't very widespread. I think it has gotten better. I'm really hoping it will clear up.
Unread 05-17-2004, 12:03 PM
Numbness

I had a TAH on 4/19 and the area right above my scar in numb and was really swollen. The doctor at the 2 week visit told me to use a heating pad which has helped the swelling but still the area is numb and also i noticed that my tummy was a bit sensitive it felt like I had a sunburn skin sensitive to the touch like my nerves were on end. I though I burned myself with the heating pad but i think its just things mending. Its not as bad but i still am a bit numb.

Glad to hear you are doing well.
Unread 05-17-2004, 06:04 PM
Numbness

I had a TAH on May 5 and not only do I have a numb tummy, but my tonuge is numb too! They must not have been too careful with the tube they stuck down my throat during surgery and my tongue got pinned. The doctor said he had never seen that before, but that it should heal and get the feeling back. Sure hope so, food is not quite the same and it feels weird (like when your limb goes to sleep, pins and needles).

Lorene
Unread 05-17-2004, 06:14 PM
Numbness

yup, me too. Mine was on 4/29 and is still numb. From everything I've been reading here, it must be normal
Unread 05-17-2004, 06:58 PM
Numbness

My tummy has all the feeling...my numbness is an area on my right thigh. When I get up in the morning, it feels like it might want to go to sleep, sort of tingles. By nightfall, it's dead as a hammer. Go figure...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register