Scheduled TAH /BSO. Heartburn | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

/BSO. Heartburn /BSO. Heartburn

Unread 09-25-2009, 06:50 PM
/BSO. Heartburn

Ok got to ask, do any sisters have heartburn.
I have noticed as my fibroids grown bigger, I have been dealing with worse bouts of heartburn. I have never suffered with it except when I was Pregant.
Just wondering if I am associating the heartburn with the fibroids or if others have had the same thing.
I dont have to eat anything now and I get it, lying down or sitting up I get it.

Hubby just ordered us pizza and wings. I take a bite from my wing and my mouth was on fire and holy cow the heartburn that came with it. The pizza place mixed up the wing order and we got extra hot and someone got my mild. They were kind enough to deliver us another order of Mild/BBQ wings.
But for a moment I thought it had reached another level, and I was to suffer a horrible fate lol.
just be intresting to know if heartburn is related to it like we found hair loss is. (not offical Dr finding, us sisters found it commen on post titled hair loss)
Thanks sisters
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-25-2009, 06:58 PM
Re: /BSO. Heartburn

It could be. I had LAVH/BSO about 8 weeks ago. I have noticed that I am not running to pee every 45 minutes. It has been a family joke for years that we had to stop again for me to use the bathroom. I guess my uterus had gotten large enough it was pressing on my bladder. Now I can go hours without even thinking about it. It would make sense that it could be pressing on your stomach and making the acid raise higher than normal or something.
Unread 09-25-2009, 08:13 PM

I have also had very bad bouts of heartburn to the point of getting it very bad when i lay down i feel like i wanna puke.And pizza does it too me also.I have a rectocele and cystocele and my tummy bloats up really bad also.
Kayline.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-25-2009, 09:05 PM

Man I havent had my surgery yet and talk about swelly belly. It gets so big and the biggest at night and hurts the most then too.
I have been eating tums like candy lately too just to offset the heartburn.
Unread 09-25-2009, 09:09 PM

jennypoo911,
I think we all are experiencing this wonderful swelly belly lol.It seems to be a part of all our problems before and after surgery.
Kayline
Unread 09-25-2009, 10:05 PM

Interesting...I hadnt thought about it until now but the only time I have had heartburn was when I was pregnant until about 1 1/2 ago and then it hit me hard enough for the doctor to do an endoscope to see if I had an ulcer but it was all normal other then a bit of redness from the heartburn. I was put on prilosec and as long as I take it daily I am fine but if I miss a day I am hurting. I have large fibroids and 16 week uterus (largest fibroid is on the outside) I am wondering if that is why I have heartburn now.

I will ask my doctor...maybe I can actually get rid of the prilosec soon. Thanks for the post.
Unread 09-25-2009, 10:23 PM

Hannie I really hope it is caused by our shared problem and if it is, thats great one less problem to deal with right lol
Unread 09-25-2009, 10:50 PM

Shared heartburn and shared surgery date...we can recoup together and hopefully be heartburn free together on the other side!
Unread 09-26-2009, 06:16 AM

I never thought that my heartburn can be associated with my fibroids. I have heartburn quite often. Aloe Vera seems to help me. 1 tablespoon of Aloe Vera with Apple juice an Psyllium husk helps me.
Unread 09-26-2009, 02:39 PM

I asked my mom if she has delt with heartburn before her surgery and she said Yes, so I told her about this post. Now she said make sure you tell your Dr about this lol.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register