Scheduled TAH one week to go...more questions | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

one week to go...more questions one week to go...more questions

Unread 08-24-2010, 10:37 AM
one week to go...more questions

So, my abdominal hyst is one week from today. This is the day my doc said stop taking ibuprofen or aspirin. So I wake up this morning with a sinus headache, crick in my neck, and what feels like my gallbladder just aching. What a deal! I had things I wanted to do today, considering I will be doing pretty much nothing in a week. Normally I would take my pills and go on, but I'm feeling like just being a lump.

Does anyone know if it's all right to take the nasal decongestant pseudoephedrine at this time? For pain, I know Tylenol is supposed to be fine, but I don't think it really does much for me by itself. I do have some leftover hydrocodone (5mg) from a bout of plantars fasciitis I had. Since I think that contains tylenol, and of course, codeine or something, could I take that?

My surgery is for fibroids. One quite large and located on the right side of my uterus. I've had what I thought are gallbladder issues for about a year, but lately I've been wondering if it's actually this fibroid doing stuff. Has anyone else experienced this? I've had the HIDA scan for the gallbladder and it came back "low normal" whatever that is supposed to mean. I've had it examined by ultra sound, no stones, etc. Doctors have told me I could have it out, but sometimes it goes a long time without bothering me.

I usually rely on ibuprofen or Excedrin for what ails me. It's bugging me that I just keep sitting here with a headache. Sorry such a longish post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-24-2010, 10:55 AM
Re: one week to go...more questions

I am also having TAH. I have been having wicked heartburn and what I call "vomit burps" (sorry!) They have always been period related! Now you got me thinking, are my fibroids and enlarged uterus pushing on stomach? I bet you are on to something there!
Unread 08-24-2010, 10:56 AM

Not sure about what you can take but I am sure you could call the office. I know I always called them. About the sinus trouble, I get that a lot. I use a neti pot when I am having troubles which are not as scary to use as they seem, and I also use steam from a facial sauna but you could certainly boil some water and turn it off and put a towel around your head and breath it in. I try to drink lots of water especially when my sinuses ache and lastly, a nice cup of coffee for the head ache and even a warm bath. Don't stress about not getting work done. Just take care of yourself now. We are more efficient with our time when we feel well so if you are not up to getting things done today...there is always tomorrow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-24-2010, 11:03 AM

I would check with your doctor, but I take Mucinex D, and she said it's fine to continue taking it up until the day of my surgery, and it contains pseudoephedrine. Hope that helps.
Unread 08-24-2010, 11:03 AM

Thanks girls, I actually have a Neti pot but I can't remember where I put the danged thing! I actually bought new salt to use in it. It's ironic, because I put it away when i wasn't having problems in a place where I'd be sure to remember it. But I can't remember! I hate that!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register