I just chugged my Citrate of Magnesia - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I just chugged my Citrate of Magnesia I just chugged my Citrate of Magnesia

Unread 10-30-2003, 07:21 PM
I just chugged my Citrate of Magnesia

Magazines??? NAHHHH......Im ~sitting~ here with my laptop.....LOL. THANK GOD FOR WIRELESS TECHNOLOGY!!!! LMAOOO!!!!!

Im now at 7 hours and 18 minutes.....LOL. I just finished my two gallon pitcher of Green tea. Gonna have to start water now. I guess I'll just toss some lemon in it. Im going to quit drinking at 10pm instead of midnight. Ive chugged ALOT today!!!

I shoulda saved painting my toes for tonight since Im sitting here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-30-2003, 07:48 PM

Yeah I am working on my DH to get that fixed on our laptop. I will certainly need it after the surgery. I don't think anyone would have wanted my thoughts while I was sitting there after my magnesium sulfate. I didn't know you could have that much in ya. I will still going the next morning.

Good luck to you Fiesty. I can't wait to hear about your experience at the castle.
Unread 10-30-2003, 07:50 PM

You have got to go on the road feisty, you are hysterical!!!

You are m idol and in two weeks I know that going back and reading all of your posts will help me get through my Drano and surgery!!!!

YOU GO GIRL (no pun intended)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-30-2003, 07:58 PM

I think its all over now......took about 8 hours. No more rumblings.....I dont think.

My bed feels sooooo good now. Im going to miss it tomorrow night. :sigh: WOW....12 hours from now I'll be in La-La Land.

When does that ~~CALM~~ set in that I read about so often?? I'm wired!!!!

Unread 10-30-2003, 08:23 PM

What is the difference between taking the Citrate of Magnesia and doing an enema. My Doctor gave me an enema to do the night before. Is one any more effective than the other?
Unread 10-30-2003, 08:32 PM

Feisty-you are an inspiration to all in waiting!! You have great ideas and a great look on life-some of which I hope I can find as the time comes closer. Good luck! I wish you the best!!!!! [b]
Unread 10-30-2003, 08:43 PM

Ive never had the "enema". But I do know there are two types of enemas. One is taken ORALLY and the other...well.....you know.....

I just chose the Citrate of Magnesia drink not only because I preferred to DRINK my bowel prep rather than have it put elsewhere... It also appealed to me taste-wise since it was lemon flavored. I just thought it was the lesser of the two evils and possibly more thorough. I PERSONALLY feel that I would be more cleaned out by it going through my entire digestive system rather than just cleaning out the lower parts. I want to know my body is entirely empty prior to surgery. My surgeon told me if my body is empty it not only makes the surgery obviously cleaner to help prevent "involuntary messes" but when I am out of surgery my body will function easier if it doesnt have to start pushing something out thats inside me still. She said its better for the body to start pushing NEW food through your system. Less constipation that way.
Unread 10-30-2003, 08:44 PM
You go girl!

Ok, pun intended.

Feisty, you're going to get through all this just fine. With a sense of humour like that - you'll have the doctor's hesitating to put you under - make them pay a cover charge!!

You also made my evening. I go in 11/12 for TAH/BSO, and the panic hit tonight. So thanks for sharing with us all tonight.

You'll be in my thoughts and prayers, and I can't wait to hear all about the castle when you get home!

Susan
Unread 10-30-2003, 08:49 PM

Thanks to you all for all your well wishes!! I hope I can be a cheerleader for those of you "waiting". We have to make the best out of our situations. Its such a serious and stressful time. Our healing will be led by our mindset!! I truely believe in doing the best things you can for your health and attitude. I hope all of you "waiting" will think of the things you will miss most while youre healing......like the BubbleBaths.......INDULDGE YOURSELVES JUST BEFORE SURGERY!!!! It is so calming and you wont miss it so terribly in the next few weeks. Get your nails and toes painted pretty.....get your hair done and colored. Be a BEAUTIFUL PRINCESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! When we wake up afterwards we want to feel good about ourselves!!! We want to feel feminine!!! Buy a few pretty outfits to heal in too.

WE DESERVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Unread 10-30-2003, 09:25 PM

I got my date yesterday and in a few minutes, found myself in a funk! I had been trying to keep my sense of humor, but you know, this is a big deal. I am glad you are still looking for the postive things in a not so positive for some situation
Thanks
I tend to make light of how I have become much more distacted and tuned out than usual. Just plain old ditzy! But, I am more than glad yesterday is gone and so is the funk.
I was back to my old happy self today, and I am so glad.
Yes, mindset is of vital importance. Being negative does not change anything! I am actually smiling, because I know I am doing the best I can and have this support group.
DR called today, and answered some additonal questions. I totally forgot the bowel prep. I wonder what my cocktail will be like? I agree, start to clean from the top, I want to be totally empty too!
Sleep tight!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register