Scheduled TAH Only 3 1/2 More Days! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Only 3 1/2 More Days! Only 3 1/2 More Days!

Unread 04-06-2012, 09:42 AM
Only 3 1/2 More Days!

Well, I just officially finished the very last period of my lifetime. It is such an amazing feeling yet sad at the same time. It will be nice to not have that miserable and painful feeling every month but it was still a nice feeling every time i was a day or two late wondering if i was going to be lucky or not. Anyways, its only 3 1/2 days until the big day. I am so excited. Of course the pain part will suck but i will have help with that. I am having a total abdominal so I will have 3 1/2 days spent in the hospital. Instead of thinking of it as a long and boring hospital stay, I have been thinking of it as a mini vacation. Just think girls, we have a couple days of a comfy hospital bed, breakfast lunch and dinner in bed, if we have an itch they will scratch it, people at our beck and call, now house work, etc. That has helped me keep a positive mindset. I just wanted to wish everybody luck. I do not know what to expect after surgery, and how i will feel the first couple weeks so if anybody has any pointers, that is what this is for! Thanks so much for everything. This website/family has helped me get through this tremendously. It means the world.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-06-2012, 09:47 AM
Re: Only 3 1/2 More Days!

(( HUGS ))
You are going to do great and have a very relaxing mini vacation

I wish I felt as calm. For some reason I feel overwhelmed and cry at the drop of a hat. No clue why?!?!?
My AF is due the day before surgery. I am hoping she is running late so I dont have to deal with her again. That is an amazing feeling to think we will never have to buy tampons, pads or diva cups again!! Love that! No more worrying will she show right as a board the plane for vacation? Yup happens to me every single time. LOL

((hugs)) Hystersister you will be in my thoughts and prayers. Hope it all goes smooth and you get lots of rest!
Unread 04-06-2012, 10:27 AM

oh trust me, im still really nervous. i just try to keep myself busy enough to where i forget about it from time to time. doesnt always work though. we have a huge surgery coming up, no matter if its abdominal or dv or lap or v, its still a big thing happening both physically and mentally so its understandable for you to cry from time to time. i cried a lot in the beginning when i first got it scheduled. yah my boyfriend is sure happy that he wont have to be sent to the store anymore to get them for me lol. im also looking forward to being worried if im going to get it on a birthday of mine or somebody's or a holiday to where ill be miserable and will be nice during the summer to not hold back going swimming! during the winter i went to a hotel for a night with my hunney, daughter and parents for a work thing of theirs, i had to wear tampons just so i could go in the water and i forgot to change and had it going down my leg in front of everyone. nobody else seen but was still humiliating. will be nice to not go through that again. you also will be in my thoughts. good luck to you too!!! and i will try to get rest.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-06-2012, 12:44 PM

Good luck to you. Today its mommy daughter day with me oldest. We are getting hair and nails done. Went shopping and got me perfect pjs to wear when i get home. Hubby gets here monday morning frim afghanistas so we are very happy.. I cant belive how fast its getting here.
Unread 04-06-2012, 12:48 PM

remember when youre doing your nails that all nail polish has to be off for surgery. thats why were doing makeover day the day after the surgery. have a great day though. yep 3 1/2 days
Unread 04-06-2012, 01:10 PM

Oh yeah.im just getting my toes done.
Unread 04-06-2012, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwillsurvive View Post
Well, I just officially finished the very last period of my lifetime. It is such an amazing feeling yet sad at the same time. It will be nice to not have that miserable and painful feeling every month but it was still a nice feeling every time i was a day or two late wondering if i was going to be lucky or not. Anyways, its only 3 1/2 days until the big day. I am so excited. Of course the pain part will suck but i will have help with that. I am having a total abdominal so I will have 3 1/2 days spent in the hospital. Instead of thinking of it as a long and boring hospital stay, I have been thinking of it as a mini vacation. Just think girls, we have a couple days of a comfy hospital bed, breakfast lunch and dinner in bed, if we have an itch they will scratch it, people at our beck and call, now house work, etc. That has helped me keep a positive mindset. I just wanted to wish everybody luck. I do not know what to expect after surgery, and how i will feel the first couple weeks so if anybody has any pointers, that is what this is for! Thanks so much for everything. This website/family has helped me get through this tremendously. It means the world.
Dear Survive,
I'm 9 days out from my Dvh - everything was removed due to stage 4 endo. I'm feeling pretty good - to the point where I have to be very careful not to overdo! What I would do differently for my recovery is: I would have done a better job prepping my "pretty place" - the room I'll be spending most of my time. Change the sheets on the bed, dust the room, get a plant, a comfortable chair (I found a rocking chair with a footstool to be great!), have a TV tray near the bed for your icewater (invest in a nice insulated tumbler with a secure cover and extra ice cubes), tissues, snacks, your favorite book, etc. If you have a tv in your "pretty place", make sure you put new batteries in the remote (been there). And a pillow for putting near your body at night - I had a small comfy pillow that propped up my knees when needed and I could hug it when I coughed, laughed and cried. Cried? The imbalance in my system visited yesterday - for no apparent reason when my husband was talking about something he did at work I just started bawling! The look on his face made me laugh and I laughed through tears for the better part of the afternoon.
You'll do wonderfully with your positive attitude in turning life's lemons into lemonade.
Best wishes to you and an early welcome to our family.
Unread 04-06-2012, 03:04 PM

Great advice on "pretty place" tips. I think I will take some of that advice and get me some pretty flowers to come home to and I am for sure going to get myself a tv tray to eat on. Great idea.

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLKnight View Post
Dear Survive,
I'm 9 days out from my Dvh - everything was removed due to stage 4 endo. I'm feeling pretty good - to the point where I have to be very careful not to overdo! What I would do differently for my recovery is: I would have done a better job prepping my "pretty place" - the room I'll be spending most of my time. Change the sheets on the bed, dust the room, get a plant, a comfortable chair (I found a rocking chair with a footstool to be great!), have a TV tray near the bed for your icewater (invest in a nice insulated tumbler with a secure cover and extra ice cubes), tissues, snacks, your favorite book, etc. If you have a tv in your "pretty place", make sure you put new batteries in the remote (been there). And a pillow for putting near your body at night - I had a small comfy pillow that propped up my knees when needed and I could hug it when I coughed, laughed and cried. Cried? The imbalance in my system visited yesterday - for no apparent reason when my husband was talking about something he did at work I just started bawling! The look on his face made me laugh and I laughed through tears for the better part of the afternoon.
You'll do wonderfully with your positive attitude in turning life's lemons into lemonade.
Best wishes to you and an early welcome to our family.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register