15mm endometrial lining and on cyclical HRT - UPDATED May 28 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

15mm endometrial lining and on cyclical HRT - UPDATED May 28 15mm endometrial lining and on cyclical HRT - UPDATED May 28

Unread 04-29-2021, 03:34 PM
15mm endometrial lining and on cyclical HRT - UPDATED May 28

I have been on cyclical HRT for over 10 years. and still get a period once a month. . My last 2 ultrasounds have my lining as 15mm. The Ultrasound. report says that it could be either polyps, hyperplasia or malignancy and say I should get further evaluation.. Yesterday, My doctor did a biopsy and is not sure if he got enough material to be examined, because of my cervix was small. even though I took the 2 misopropal pills before the test, and he tells me if not, I will need to get one done at an outpatient location. He also mentioned a hysterectomy during our conversation. . I do have fibroids but they are not bothering me. Why would I need a hysterectomy unless I have cancer if nothing else is going on?? Also I have to go for another ultrasound in 3 weeks and he says we will go from there. I am thinking that I need more progesterone, But also I was thinking if I got a D & C they would be able to test the whole lining and if there was no cancer or anything like that then there would be no reason for a hysterectomy.. Right??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-12-2021, 10:30 PM
Re: 15mm endometrial lining and on cyclical HRT

Hi clara3171:

just checking to see if you have had your latest ultrasound yet? I am hoping that the doctor has some options for your treatment plan.

Sending huge cyberhugs
Unread 05-13-2021, 06:38 AM

Insist on the D&C because you’re right it tests the whole lining. Plus, unlike a regular biopsy, it gives your doctor a visual. Fibroids can be snipped down if protruding into the uterus and the uterine lining can be thinned and tested. I felt so much better after my D&C. Even though it’s a gold standard of care I had to request one. Mine was done after UFE which is a uterine sparring alternative procedure for fibroids. The results gave me the ability to make a decision, not just my doctor. They didn’t know what was happening and speculated of a malignancy, among other things. This exposed no problems and a greatly reduced fibroid. BC could cause the fibroid to grow and could be contributing to your thick lining. Something to research. Good luck as you maneuver the medical maze.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-13-2021, 02:56 PM

i had to have a hysteroscopy and d&c before my surgery. ask your dr. about that. it gives them a visual of the inside of your uterus and biopsies can be taken at that time.
Unread 05-13-2021, 08:50 PM

Am Going for the ultrasound tomorrow, Friday, May 14.. hoping It will be better than that last one. I go to the doctor next Wednesday..I will discuss that D & C with him. If I am gonna be put under anestisia then I might as well get the D & C instead of just a biopsy. I will keep everyone posted. .Thank you so much for the answers.. I feel as if my lining is not shedding so maybe its a hormone thing and I need more progesterone.. but I will find out as much as I can next week.
Unread 05-14-2021, 03:42 PM

Went for the ultrasound today.. Already got the results. Same as last one.. For the doctor to check for hyperplasia, carcinoma or polyp. But actually put in a more nicer way on the ultraound.. The last ultrasound was more harsh and scary.. I see my gyn on next Wednesday and I guess we will dicuss this. I need to get another biopsy with a good sample or a D & C. and get this over with .. Its been praying on my mind now for over 3 weeks from when I got the last biopsy that didnt have enough sample.
Unread 05-28-2021, 07:13 PM

My Doctor sent me to a new doctor for a consult on Wednesday, May 26.. I am going in on June 11 for a D & C and hysteroscopy. So the part is good.. But I was looking over the notes from my GYN and he has that I have cervical stenosis. I had a pap and it was negative. does anyone know about cerivcal stenosis. From what I am looking up on the internet it sounds serious.. .something about putting in a stent or that it closes up and the blood cant flow out?????? I will update after my procedure but now I am worried about this stenosis and will the doctor even be able to do the D & C ???
Unread 05-29-2021, 10:05 AM
Re: 15mm endometrial lining and on cyclical HRT - UPDATED May 28

I was wondering about this too as the time I had mine was after menopause. Really wasn’t sure if my cervix would open since it was naturally closed but it was not a problem. There is a medication that can be taken or applied to soften a closed cervix. Not sure if I had this or not?
Unread 06-12-2021, 02:53 PM

I had the D & C and Hysteroscopy yesterday, June 11, 2021. In the doctors notes I see I had several polyps removed.. He did have a very hard time getting thru my cervix. .It actually says it was pinpoint closed in his notes. He also says I have cervical stenosis and that my cervix is flush with the vagina????? I wish I could do something about cervical stenosis and cervix flush with vagina. .Anyone know how I can correct these things.. anyway. everything went good and he said he will contact me with the pathology report when it comes in.. Now the worriment begins..
Unread 06-13-2021, 02:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clara3171 View Post
I had the D & C and Hysteroscopy yesterday, June 11, 2021. In the doctors notes I see I had several polyps removed.. He did have a very hard time getting thru my cervix. .It actually says it was pinpoint closed in his notes. He also says I have cervical stenosis and that my cervix is flush with the vagina????? I wish I could do something about cervical stenosis and cervix flush with vagina. .Anyone know how I can correct these things.. anyway. everything went good and he said he will contact me with the pathology report when it comes in.. Now the worriment begins..
Bless your heart. I went through something very similar but my pathology came back that I had pre-cancerous cells on a polyp so I just had a hysterectomy that removed everything on May 26.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register