LAVH Watery discharge 9 days post hysterectomy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Watery discharge 9 days post hysterectomy Watery discharge 9 days post hysterectomy

Unread 07-25-2021, 11:50 AM
Watery discharge 9 days post hysterectomy

So happy I found this forum! I had a complete laparoscopic assisted vaginal hysterectomy on July 16 for multiple large uterine fibroids causing pressure and anemia due to heavy periods. I am feeling better each day, now 9 days out. Only taking 600 mg ibruprofen 2 times a day yesterday. I go for short slow walks and rest a lot. All along I’ve slight pressure feeling in vagina and slight pulling sensations inside pelvis when I’m up a little too long but not much. I haven’t had much bleeding since day 2, just a little pink every now and then when I wipe. Last night I woke up to the feeling of a little watery vaginal discharge leaking out. It wasn’t a huge amount but enough to wake me up with the feeling of water leaking out. It has a very slight odor. Today it happened again randomly when I was standing. Enough that I changed my underwear. Has anyone else had a little watery discharge? I am about three days from when my period would be starting and I kept my ovaries. Thank you for any experience you may be able to lend.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-25-2021, 01:10 PM
Re: Watery discharge 9 days post hysterectomy

I wore a panti-liner for at least the first 2 weeks. I experienced no bleeding, but instead had a watery slightly yellow discharge. It didn't smell like urine, but instead rather earthy, so I don't think it was bladder leakage.

You may be experiencing the same, or slight bladder leakage. You don't mention whether you kept your ovaries, but even if you did, they could be offline for a few weeks, leaving you with a hormone imbalance with symptoms like hot flashes, insomnia, or a bit of incontinence from the low estrogen. If it smells like urine, let your doctor know. Your volume doesn't seem to be similar to that of a fistula, but get your doctor's take.

I see you've found your Recovery Thread for your week's surgery - good move! You might also find these resources helpful in knowing what to expect during these first weeks:
Unread 07-30-2021, 11:07 AM
Re: Watery discharge 9 days post hysterectomy

Hi. I’ve had similar and I am now on Day 16. Since I’ve been doing short walks, I have the same bit of pink sometimes when I wipe and the past couple of days I’ve had the watery discharge. Again, not very much. I presume it is just all related to stitches healing and settling.
I’ve searched this forum and there are some old posts where women have had a LOT of discharge which in my opinion is a different matter.
Personally, I’m not going to worry about it unless it gets worse.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register