Vaginal irritation 2008 - Benadryl? - UPDATED 2015 - Page 7 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > Hormone and Menopause Central

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Vaginal irritation 2008 - Benadryl? - UPDATED 2015 Vaginal irritation 2008 - Benadryl? - UPDATED 2015

Unread 02-29-2020, 09:42 AM
Re: Vaginal irritation 2008 - Benadryl? - UPDATED 2015

Having this problem now....man is it annoying. I switched to sensitive skin toilet tissue, dove soap and started on a vaginal pro biotic to help balance the flora. It's alot better than it was..but still a problem. I was treated for yeast, UTI and lastly some kind of prescribed gel. Very frustrating!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-15-2020, 09:40 AM
Re: Vaginal irritation 2008 - Benadryl? - UPDATED 2015

I’ve had the same thing. DR couldn’t find anything wrong. For me it seems to flare up for a week or so and then go away for a while. Maybe I’ll try some of these suggestions.
Unread 05-19-2021, 02:25 PM
Red face - Vaginal irritation 2008 - Benadryl? - UPDATED 2015 Vaginal irritation 2008 - Benadryl? - UPDATED 2015

I had the same issue. GYN even suggested a nickel allergy at one point. He said we wash our hands after the toilet, but not before and nickel from handling coins could be my issue. Fast forward 5+ years of still dealing with it and taking Benadryl to try to get some relief. I read about SLS (sodium lauryl sulfate). I removed all products that contained it! I’ve used these products successfully now for almost a decade and am happy to report no more itching. I actually wear panties again too! Good luck. Feel free to reach out if you have any questions about other products.

Purex Liquid Laundry Detergent: (green bottle, Linens & Lilies). This is the only laundry detergent I was able to confirm was SLS free at the time)

Johnson’s Baby head to shoulders body wash: for years I had to use Organix argon oil shampoo as body wash. About 2ish years ago Johnson & Johnson revamped their baby body wash with more clean ingredients for sensitive skin.

Toothpaste: Tom’s is what I’m currently using. It’s a green tube. Be careful as all Tom’s toothpastes are not SLS free. Be sure to read the ingredient list.

*SLS is much more known now and many products will list SLS free on the front of the box/tube for marketing purposes. If not, be sure to check the ingredients!
Unread 07-30-2021, 07:05 PM
Vaginal irritation 2008 - Benadryl? - UPDATED 2015

I was having vaginal irritation And itching, vaginal culture negative but Gyn prescribed Flayl ( since some BV aren't detectable with test).
After taking Flayl, symptoms gone

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register