concerned about the waiting time for the surgery | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

concerned about the waiting time for the surgery concerned about the waiting time for the surgery

Unread 07-28-2021, 10:14 PM
concerned about the waiting time for the surgery

i am over 70 yrs old, healthy ( so i thought ) only one week ago a was diagnosed with uterus pre ca. booked my hysterectomy for Nov. 2021 i think is longe time to waite Dr said is not emergency so would be ok. i am having difficult time with the diagnosis and the waiting for the surgery. i need support, have no one to talk to depressed not knowing if is ok to este so much time for a hysterectomy thank you
Marycarmen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-29-2021, 11:07 AM
Re: concerned about the waiting time for the surgery

I had a different type of cancer, so I'll leave most of those specifics to others. But, I do know that most often, uterine cancers are of the slower-growing variety. In your case, you've (thankfully) caught things at the pre-cancerous stage which is even "better," all things considered. As far as the timing, you could always request things to be moved up if possible and/or get a second opinion on things.

Of course, a cancer diagnosis, pre- or otherwise shakes your world, and all of those emotions are perfectly normal. But, please know that you definitely aren't alone, and you CAN do this!

Unread 07-31-2021, 01:44 AM

Hi, MaryCarmen--

You got a few replies in the other thread where you posted your question. I'm posting the link to that thread in case you've lost track of which one it was

https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sh...=831603&page=2

Your post is #22, which is on page 2 of the thread.

May God bless you with His perfect peace
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-03-2021, 05:34 PM

Marycarmen, You might want to express your concerns with your doctor, but I agree you should be fine to have your surgery in November. I was told for over a year that "something" was there. When I finally had my surgery they knew it was cancer. It turned out to be stage one uterine cancer, and she got it all with the hysterectomy.
Just breathe, focus on other things, and you should be fine! If you have worsening symptoms, do let your doctor know.

��Barbara
Unread 08-03-2021, 05:36 PM

Hi Mary,
I was pretty much in the same boat a year ago. I was diagnosed with uterine cancer in August and did not have surgery until October. My cancer was stage 1 but cancer is cancer. I did talk with my oncologists nurse often as well as my gynecologist. I knew I had good doctors and I had to put my faith in them. With all the presurgery appointments, the time went by. If you’re concerned please call your doctor and talk with him again. Just know many people have gone through this and we’re there for you.
Unread 08-04-2021, 06:45 AM

Hi MaryCarmen,

I was diagnosed with cervical pre-cancer in May. At the time of scheduling, I had some personal conflicts over the summer and the oncologist told me I could wait until December, if that was better. Ultimately, I canceled my conflicting plans and had the surgery last month. But, your experience with the timing is consistent with mine.

I know how scary and overwhelming the diagnosis can be - even if it's not full blown cancer yet. I found a really supportive Facebook group for people with my specific type of cervical pre-cancer. It's been a great resource for asking questions and just knowing I'm not alone going through this. If you are on Facebook, you might consider searching the groups to see if there is one for your pre-cancer.

Hang in there! The waiting is the worst part.
Unread 09-14-2021, 09:42 AM

I agree November seems too long, hope you can move your date up but if you can’t I had to wait for 6 months for my surgery (I had a cone biopsy without clean margins)
While I had chemo during the 6 months as well as monthly visual inspection

I just wanted to tell you it does happen- for various reasons

There are always second opinions etc, but I doubt you would be able to schedule much sooner

Ps-that was over 15 years ago!
Unread 09-17-2021, 02:42 PM

Hi Marycarmen

From my first symptoms until surgery was 5 months. Nobody seemed to think this was a long time to wait.

Sounds like you have pre-cancer, which definitely wouldn’t be considered urgent.

But, I totally understand your worries. Good luck!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register