Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Feb 01-Feb 07,2021 - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Feb 01-Feb 07,2021 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Feb 01-Feb 07,2021

Unread 02-05-2021, 12:32 PM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Feb 01-Feb 07,2021

I feel like I'm taking over this thread, but I'm so bored!

I just heard from my surgery that pathology came back all benign fibroids as expected (but still a relief). She told me my uterus/fibroids weighed 1133g (2.5 pounds) as compared to a normal uterus that's around 80-100g (0.17-0.22pounds)!!!

No wonder I felt awful all the time. Yikes.

I'm still feeling pretty good. The last hour or so I got a bit light headed with clammy hands and feet. I'm assuming this is hormone/healing related.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-05-2021, 01:19 PM

Had my TLH yesterday and my overuse were saved! I told the docs before that I have felt green after other procedures so they put a motion sickness patch behind my ear. Had me swallow 5 pills before and gave me additional meds after. Initially I didnít have any swelling and then bam last night I was extremely swollen and the gas is in my shoulders and the sides of my chest. My doc said could have been realized last night but with so many complication with my c-section years ago, we decided to keep me the night to make sure I could walk ok and that my bladder with kick in.

I went with my doc and his resident this morning and they said it went well and I donít have a follow up appointment until 6 weeks out.

Overall pain is manageable. Been taking y and Inprofphen regularly. Opted out of taking the oxy but I donít think itís necessary. I personally canít lay down with the gas pain so I am propped up with A wedge pillow until that all stops. For me, is has been better than my emergency c-section. I am sore and a bit in pain but itís not any worse than the periods I was having. Now we wait for pathology to review. They did say my fibroids were twice what they were expecting so it was good that i opted for TLH as opposed to just shaving them now. They were more in my uterine wall as opposed to the cavity. Here is to my next chapter in life and hopefully a lot less pain and discomfort.
Unread 02-05-2021, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLTransforming View Post
Had my TLH yesterday and my overuse were saved! I told the docs before that I have felt green after other procedures so they put a motion sickness patch behind my ear. Had me swallow 5 pills before and gave me additional meds after. Initially I didnít have any swelling and then bam last night I was extremely swollen and the gas is in my shoulders and the sides of my chest. My doc said could have been realized last night but with so many complication with my c-section years ago, we decided to keep me the night to make sure I could walk ok and that my bladder with kick in.

I went with my doc and his resident this morning and they said it went well and I donít have a follow up appointment until 6 weeks out.

Overall pain is manageable. Been taking y and Inprofphen regularly. Opted out of taking the oxy but I donít think itís necessary. I personally canít lay down with the gas pain so I am propped up with A wedge pillow until that all stops. For me, is has been better than my emergency c-section. I am sore and a bit in pain but itís not any worse than the periods I was having. Now we wait for pathology to review. They did say my fibroids were twice what they were expecting so it was good that i opted for TLH as opposed to just shaving them now. They were more in my uterine wall as opposed to the cavity. Here is to my next chapter in life and hopefully a lot less pain and discomfort.
My gas pain was also so bad I couldn't lay down! By day 2 that was gone! I'd only taken the oxy for that but my doctor said it wouldn't work for that pain. So, since I've stuck with just advil and Tylenol. My fibroids had grown a ton very quickly but pathology just came back and all wet benign! Good luck healing!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-05-2021, 02:08 PM

Sorry you guys are still having gas issues. Iím bubbling and farting away still but itís not painful anymore. Iím actually in so litttle pain Iím wondering if I need the medication but then I wait an hour or two and the pulling sensation starts. Not pain though but definite discomfort. Iím trying not to take too many of the codeine as they make me sleep and really drowsy. Iím leaving those for bedtime if I need them. Iím going to try sleeping on my side with a pillow under my belly tonight as I just canít sleep on my back all night.

Itís great news on your fibroid pathology!

Iíve started having periods where I feel like I will go back to feeling ďnormalĒ - after worrying about it all for months now itís done itís good to focus on recovery and being actually able to do that.

I have had one or two moments today where I thought I could do a bit of work but put that out of mind quickly as I know once I start Iíll be dragged back into it all.
I keep starting box sets but nothing is keeping my attention yet and anything funny has to go straight off. Laughing doesnít hurt but feels like it should do and a bit weird.

My husband is doing his best with the cooking but living on kids meals for the next few days is going to get old pretty fast. Yesterday I asked for soup and was served pasta sauce. Easy mistake to make and I didnít say anything but it was funny. We live in a rural area so no takeaways and I havenít frozen enough meals to last past tomorrow. After my week isolation is over Iíll need to see if my mum can bring a pie round!

Hope youíre all doing better every day!
Unread 02-06-2021, 01:23 PM
Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Feb 01-Feb 07,2021

Hi all. Quick query. Iíve suddenly started to be sore after wiping after the toilet. Could this be sign of an infection or just wiping to often as Iím peeing so much?
Unread 02-06-2021, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erinkc View Post
My gas pain was also so bad I couldn't lay down! By day 2 that was gone! I'd only taken the oxy for that but my doctor said it wouldn't work for that pain. So, since I've stuck with just advil and Tylenol. My fibroids had grown a ton very quickly but pathology just came back and all wet benign! Good luck healing!
Thanks for sharing your experience. The gas pain is slowly getting better. Totally feeling achy in my hips but itís manageable. Just glad I am getting in cat naps throughout the day at this point.
Unread 02-06-2021, 02:42 PM

Today was kind of up and down. I feel like when I wake up in the morning I don't feel great. My lungs get kind of tight overnight from laying down and everything kind of settles maybe? It takes me a little bit of walking around to feel more comfortable. I was a little but nauseous this morning but that passed after some peppermint tea. I thought I might have a BM but nothing came. I'm on day 4 and starting to feel nervous about it! I've been taking my stool softener twice a day, no narcotics since Wednesday, eating well, added prunes and prune juice today, morning coffee, and walking around. I'm not terribly uncomfortable but I am starting to get a few mild twinges in my vagina and I don't want to have any extra pressure there!

Otherwise I'm moving around almost normally now, so I have to take care to be careful not to move to quick or grab something too heavy!
Unread 02-06-2021, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLTransforming View Post

CLTransforming Ö itís good to have you with us dear. Iím so glad your surgery went well they were able to save your ovaries. Swelly Belly is very normal Ö it is your bodyís reaction to the trauma of surgery. It tends to worse in the evening after you have been up more.

I know the gas pain in your shoulder and sides is rough. Moist heat is often very helpful Ö you can wet a towel and heat it in the microwave. Iím so glad your pain is controlled. Try to stay ahead of the pain by taking the ibuprofen and Tylenol on time. As you start to be up and about more you may have increased pain. Please donít hesitate to take your pain meds if you need them.

on your continued recovery.
Unread 02-06-2021, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Day 3 here and feeling OK. The gas churning out of my causes some cramping in my low pelvis but it passes once I'm able to pass gas. My lungs get a bit gunky after a long sleep, but that gets better once I'm up and walking and taking good deep breaths.

I'm no in any real pain, keeping up with my ibuprofen and Tylenol, but just kind of have an overall feeling of discomfort/unease. I have health anxiety so I'm hyper aware of my body and not feeling just right makes me unsettled. I know this about myself, though, so I'm able to separate it from actual pain or other issues.

Last night was the first time I had a pretty good sleep. I woke up twice to pee, but slept pretty comfortably and feel rested today. I've been up and walking around for about 15-20 minutes since I was in bed for so long last night.

I hope everyone is feeling good! I think some of my swelling is also going down a bit. I also noticed yesterday that the back pain I'd had from my fibroids is gone!
  Quote:
I feel like I'm taking over this thread, but I'm so bored!

I just heard from my surgery that pathology came back all benign fibroids as expected (but still a relief). She told me my uterus/fibroids weighed 1133g (2.5 pounds) as compared to a normal uterus that's around 80-100g (0.17-0.22pounds)!!!

No wonder I felt awful all the time. Yikes.

I'm still feeling pretty good. The last hour or so I got a bit light headed with clammy hands and feet. I'm assuming this is hormone/healing related.
Erin. Iím so glad you are doing well Ö I know how anxious you were before surgery. Rejoicing you are able to separate the unsettled feeling from the pain you have.

on your good path report There are different causes for lightheadedness. Be sure to eat enough protein and drink lots and lots of water. If it continues, give your doctor a call. The water will also help with your BM.

Donít worry dear Ö youíre not posting too much.

Rest well dear.
Unread 02-06-2021, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MollyBoots View Post
Sorry you guys are still having gas issues. Iím bubbling and farting away still but itís not painful anymore. Iím actually in so litttle pain Iím wondering if I need the medication but then I wait an hour or two and the pulling sensation starts. Not pain though but definite discomfort. Iím trying not to take too many of the codeine as they make me sleep and really drowsy. Iím leaving those for bedtime if I need them. Iím going to try sleeping on my side with a pillow under my belly tonight as I just canít sleep on my back all night.

Itís great news on your fibroid pathology!

Iíve started having periods where I feel like I will go back to feeling ďnormalĒ - after worrying about it all for months now itís done itís good to focus on recovery and being actually able to do that.

I have had one or two moments today where I thought I could do a bit of work but put that out of mind quickly as I know once I start Iíll be dragged back into it all.
I keep starting box sets but nothing is keeping my attention yet and anything funny has to go straight off. Laughing doesnít hurt but feels like it should do and a bit weird.

My husband is doing his best with the cooking but living on kids meals for the next few days is going to get old pretty fast. Yesterday I asked for soup and was served pasta sauce. Easy mistake to make and I didnít say anything but it was funny. We live in a rural area so no takeaways and I havenít frozen enough meals to last past tomorrow. After my week isolation is over Iíll need to see if my mum can bring a pie round!

Hope youíre all doing better every day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MollyBoots View Post
Hi all. Quick query. Iíve suddenly started to be sore after wiping after the toilet. Could this be sign of an infection or just wiping to often as Iím peeing so much?
Molly Ö Iím glad you are doing well dear. It would be good to go ahead and take ibuprofen/Tylenol during the day and the codeine at night Ö please take it if you need to dear. It hard to play catch up on the pain.

on not yielding to the temptation to do a bit of work Ö it would be very easy to do too much and end up back in bed.

Pasta sauce soup Ö that is pretty funny. How did you keep from laughing?

Wiping often can cause soreness. Do you have a burning feeling when you pee? Pain? Low grade fever? That being said, please donít hesitate to call your doctor with any concerns you have.

How did you sleep last night Ö were you able to sleep on your side?

I hope you sleep well dear.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register