Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Feb 22-Feb 28,2021 - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Feb 22-Feb 28,2021 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Feb 22-Feb 28,2021

Unread 02-27-2021, 12:17 PM
Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Feb 22-Feb 28,2021

Hello, I am so glad you are on the other side and healing with me! I pray everything is going well with your recovery!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-27-2021, 02:16 PM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Feb 22-Feb 28,2021

How great to have found this forum.
I had a laparoscopic hysterectomy on Feb 24 + cervix and Fallopian tubes. Had been carrying around fibroids over the last several years and last fall I was diagnosed with sever anemia, caused by the fibroids. I am living overseas and since I couldn't take the surgery where I am currently living, I received shots to stop my period until I was able to travel back to the states.

I was super scared to get the surgery but I picked one of the best hospitals in the area and just had to let go of the fear. Total anasthesia -- all I remember is getting wheeled into the room because I was time and waking up groggy and super talkative. And in pain. I was released the same day.

Today is day three of recovery and I have taken off the bandages and gauze from three incisions: naval and one on each side. Still have stitches and steri-strip over it.

For pain relief I am taking ibuprofen (1x650) with Tylenol (2x500) every 6 hours plus Oxy when I need something more.
Unread 02-27-2021, 02:59 PM

Hi everyone. My hysterectomy was on Wed. morning and I am happy to report I am doing well in recovery. I thought I would share a couple of things that helped me with the terrible abdominal gas pain. First, although I have been taking Gas-X (both chewable and liquigels), I found that drinking two cups of The Republic of Tea's "Get Relief" REALLY helped. It is a caffeine-free, rooibos base that contains cinnamon, anise, and peppermint, slightly sweetened with stevia. It was formulated specifically for gas and bloating, and I think it tastes good! Second, I found that laying on my left side with my knees up toward my chest seemed to help it move around. I hope this helps someone, and that everyone is doing OK today.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-28-2021, 07:16 AM
Smile - Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Feb 22-Feb 28,2021 Pocket Binder Saved me Post Op dates Feb 22-Feb 28,2021

Good morning. I’m day 3 post op and now home resting.. I wanted to share some info regarding the pocket binder. My hospital gave me a binder post op and it was very wide.... it was causing problems with my upper abdomen, pushing the gas weird and generally hurt so I pulled out the pocket binder I had in my bag. Much better! However, it wasn’t until I went home and put the ice pack in the pocket that I fell in love. I was at a level 7-9 pain wise but the cold pack was so effective I don’t need ANY pain meds. None. It works. Period.
Unread 02-28-2021, 08:47 AM
Re: Pocket Binder Saved me Post Op dates Feb 22-Feb 28,2021

Awesome!! I love my belly bind too! It’s with walking and sitting, I don’t have any stomach issues. But I am glad it’s working wonders for you! I am also day 3 day post op!
Unread 02-28-2021, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronneshia View Post
Awesome!! I love my belly bind too! It’s with walking and sitting, I don’t have any stomach issues. But I am glad it’s working wonders for you! I am also day 3 day post op!
Girl.. if I had to choose between my pain meds and this ice pack I’d pick the ice pack in this belly pocket binder! Walking is an issue... I can walk but ****ed if I don’t feel like I ran a marathon from the bedroom to the kitchen. My squad is coming over today while my husband goes to work so I know my girls will be a great help. Take it easy and rest... I’m seeing that even if I don’t want to sit still this post op life will do it for you!
Unread 02-28-2021, 11:25 AM

Amen! Girl I just told my daughter the same thing! That walking around is my frienemy , because I have to but it is kicking my butt lol! Yes I have had pain meds today and I have been good! My girls are coming to check on me today and staying with me on Monday! So I am happy about that!
Unread 02-28-2021, 09:30 PM

Hi Everyone
I accidentally wrote my first post-op entry in the forum from a year ago. Oops.
Im now at 4 days post, had my op to remove uterus and both tubes on Feb25th. Recovery was pretty good, hospital was great. They had me on 1000mg acetaminophen + Naprosyn with Oxycodone when needed. I found the Acetaminophen to be too much - made me a space cadet. Took a few days to figure this out as I thought it was the anesthesia effects + oxycodone (only took at night) but only felt ‘normal’ again once i stopped the high does acetaminophen. Now I’m on 400mg Advil every 4-6 hours. Seems to be holding up so far. Today was the first day my belly swelling calmed down. Really the only issue I encountered was going to the bathroom yesterday (day 3). I did prune juice, tonnes of water, peppermint tea but nothing. So I took the stool softener and that ended up doing the trick by the end of the day. Bowels got a little upset today too but I may have over done and didn’t eat lightly. Had a headache today too but that could be from anything. The gas went away by yesterday too. Sleeping is going well; side sleeping is best.
Hoping for a smooth and quick recovery.
Hugs to everyone recovering. Take it easy and take care of yourself.
Unread 03-01-2021, 12:11 AM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Feb 22-Feb 28,2021

Hi everyone, My name is Michelle I had an abdominal total hysterectomy on 2-23-21.
Unread 03-01-2021, 04:31 AM

I was wondering if anyone else has had any vision issues after surgery? I have great vision and can read tiny print really close up. Since my surgery on 2/25, everything is blurry and I can’t read anything close up. My husband keeps joking that it happens to all of us but I know I didn’t loose the ability to read while under anesthesia. I’m hoping this is normal and my vision will eventually return to my pre surgery level. I’m having a hard time reading my Kindle with large print.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register