Endometrial Cancer: Stage 3 diagnosis. Would love advice and support | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Stage 3 diagnosis. Would love advice and support Stage 3 diagnosis. Would love advice and support

Unread 05-25-2021, 11:05 AM
Stage 3 diagnosis. Would love advice and support

Hello all. 34 years old here. I had a hysterectomy to remove my uterus, cervix, and fallopian tubes on the 7th of this month. Biopsy was done on my left ovary cause there was a cyst on it but my oncologist wasn't expecting anything severe. Talked to my hematologist yesterday who has access to my records. She told me I have stage 3 endometrial cancer. It spread to the lymph nodes they mapped and the left ovary. Will need another surgery to take out that ovary as well as 6 rounds of chemo and radiation.

I disappointed in the diagnosis, but I'm a not a quitter. I'm gonna keep fighting this until I'm completely cancer free.

I going to see the oncologist soon today. Am I able to get another surgery to get the cancerous ovary out soon?

Anything I should know to prep for chemo and radiation?

Thank you all in advance. We're all warriors and will win this fight!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-25-2021, 05:43 PM
Stage 3 diagnosis. Would love advice and support

I had everything out in one go, but also had stage 3 (3a - cancer in left ovary). I had chemo and external radiation. Just wanted to say, just had my checkup and next month I am 3 years out from end of treatment. You can do it, and you can survive!
Unread 05-25-2021, 07:59 PM
Re: Stage 3 diagnosis. Would love advice and support

I had a different type of cancer with no chemo or rads but wanted to send some hugs and positive thoughts your way as you begin this next portion of your battle. I do know that ladies often report the experience not to be as "bad" as they'd anticipated. Fingers crossed big time this will be the case for you as well. You absolutely CAN do this, and we'll be here for you!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-05-2021, 03:31 PM

Hi ninjatea

Sorry that you got a cancer diagnosis - yes, you’ll have another surgery probably quite soon to remove the remaining ovary.

I had a recurrence a year after my surgery, and had 6 Chemo treatments and 35 radiotherapy sessions.

To be honest, it wasn’t the most fun thing ever but it was doable. I got progressively more tired and just had to rest a lot. My chemo was every Monday, and my radio Monday-Friday.

I was never sick - with Chemo they give you an anti-sickness drug but I lost my appetite as my taste buds were affected.
The Chemo treatment can take a few hours, so take something to pass the time, a book or IPad. There was a wonderful therapist at my hospital who offered massage/pedicures etc during treatment. I had the best looking feet most weeks!

I hope you have good support from family/friends and time off work. I’m retired fortunately and certainly wouldn’t have been able to work during treatment, but people react differently and you are relatively young.

I send you my very best wishes for a full recovery. We are stronger than we think.

Keep in touch,

xx
Unread 06-29-2021, 03:46 AM

Guessing you already had your second surgery and probably started on chemo/rads.

I had Stage 3 (spread to my left ovary) and am 10 years post-radiation. Still here. Also 32 years since the first time I was diagnosed with thyroid cancer. It came back and fought it again. Still here.

You can do this!

May God bless you with His perfect peace and healing.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register