Vaginal drainage 2 weeks after hysterectomy - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Vaginal drainage 2 weeks after hysterectomy Vaginal drainage 2 weeks after hysterectomy

Unread 06-12-2021, 10:00 AM
Re: Vaginal drainage 2 weeks after hysterectomy

I am currently experiencing clear copious amounts of vaginal fluid. I am fine when sitting or lying down. As soon as I stand I soak a pose pad. It started slowly 6 days ago but increased the last 4 days. My doctor also said it was peritoneal leak and rest to heal. I feel like it's not letting up and increasing. Did your issue suddenly stop? Was it large amounts of fluid in one gush? I have no odor, pain or color to the drainage. I appreciate any additional feedback as searching the web is useless!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-13-2021, 11:18 AM
Vaginal drainage 2 weeks after hysterectomy

I’m 18 days out and started wiping away brown discharge and continuously pink (no discharge or brown blood after the first time a few days ago) and am having pain again. I went 5 days without any pain medication at all and my doctor even said I was healing so good that I may be able to return to work a week or two sooner than expected (return to work after 6 weeks originally). I was afraid this was just happening to me and got really scared. I’m going to call my doctor tomorrow and make sure everything is ok, but it looks like this is happening to other people too and could be a normal occurrence…?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenitypos View Post
I started spotting 2 weeks after my surgery. It’s pretty scary when it suddenly starts happening. I called the nurse and she said it’s ok. My pain is worse today than it was before I started spotting. I’m trying to rest up but I’m so scared that I regressed.
Unread 06-13-2021, 12:59 PM

Your discharge is probably from the suture dissolving and will get better. Or to make sure , you can have your doctor do a vaginal swab to test for infections.

I am still having the pinkish mild odor vaginal discharge or drainage .

And still pending vaginal culture results.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-22-2021, 12:28 PM

So my doctor explained he believes my vaginal fluid draining is from having lymph nodes removed. The clear, odorless drained started on 6/7/21 and has not stopped. Some days I’m changing a pose pad every hour and other days it’s a lot less. I see my doctor tomorrow but I’m slowly spiraling into a depression with this drainage... I don’t believe it’s urine. It’s clear, no smell and feels like my period. Anyone else experience lymphatic drainaged for “weeks”? I feel so isolated and told to “rest” but my surgery was on 6/20 and I’ve been resting with no relief!
Appreciate any information from others who might have dealt with this. I had complication 10 days post op and had a foley placed for 9 days. This started 4 hours after the foley was removed.
Thanks
NRM
Unread 06-22-2021, 03:25 PM

I am worried,. Still having vaginal drainage/bleeding with foul odor, and granulation tissue that was treated with silver nitrate last week but still having bloody pinkish drainage/discharge with fishy odor

GYN did vaginal swab test, came back with results shows Few Positive Gram Cocci & Occasional Negative Rods and Gyn said that it is normal to have some of these in the vagina and no strep or staff infection.

He wants me to take blood clotting meds (Lyesta) to stop the bleeding.

It's been almost 4 weeks post op. My left side of stomach near the incision stills hurts and feels swollen,. Right stomach no pain no swollen.

I hope the bloody drainage will stop
Unread 06-22-2021, 04:29 PM
Vaginal drainage 2 weeks after hysterectomy

I didn’t spot at all until 3 weeks post op. And then I spotted until nearly 8 weeks post op. I was assured it was all a normal part of the healing process. I’ve healed perfectly.

I don’t like that you say “fishy” odor. A fishy odor is normally a sign of a bacterial infection. So I’m glad you had recent tests. Do keep an eye on that. But do also be aware that you may have a stronger than usual odor. Mine was so strong (to me) that I was asking my husband if I stunk. He said no, and asked what the in the world I was talking about. The healing process, with all of the internal soft tissue that is healing, far more than just a surgical cuff, can cause an earthy, metallic, dried blood scent. And, as the uterine blood supply to the ovaries was cut and they’re establishing stronger blood flow from other veins and arteries, they are most likely still in shock, your hormones are way out of whack which can not only cause odor, it can make you super-sensitive to smells.

Continue to monitor your discharge. Pink, orange, brown, yellow and red are all within the realm of normal. A really strong earthy, metallic smell is, too. A fishy smell is not. Gushing and filling a maxi pad with within an hour is not and requires a call to your doctor, as does passing large blood clots. If you have a fever (over 100°f) or experience sharp, debilitating pain, do call your doctor immediately.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register