Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Jul 25, 2021 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Closed Thread

Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Jul 25, 2021 Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Jul 25, 2021

Unread 07-25-2021, 01:01 AM
Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Jul 25, 2021

Welcome!

This special Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread is for YOU if you are having surgery this week. This thread chat will help you meet others who are having surgery the same week as you, calm your anxiousness, and help answer your last minute questions.

To get started, please introduce yourself, sharing a few things about yourself and your upcoming hysterectomy. Tell us what concerns you have as you prepare for your surgery.

Have patience! Because this is a "COME AND GO" event, check back here during the day for replies with answers, support and hugs from new friends. Our post-op members will be stopping by, too!

As you get to know the other members having surgery this week - you will be meeting up again, after your hysterectomy, in a special thread created just for this week's surgeries in the Post Op Hysterectomy forum.

Please note this thread will close at 11:59 PM Central Time.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-25-2021, 02:49 AM
Re: Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Jul 25, 2021

Hi my name is Stacey Iím 34 and I am scheduled for LVAH tomorrow morning 26/7 at 1030. I am feeling quiet nervous and anxious about everything especially seeing as though we are in a Covid lockdown in Sydney Australia at the moment. I will be in hospital for 3 nights. I am scared most about the admission and prep for surgery process most as I know this is when my anxiety will be at its highest. I have broken down a few times today although I am feeling quiet numb.
Unread 07-25-2021, 02:56 AM

Hi,

I am having a total laproscopic hysterectomy this Wednesday with a posterior repair. I'm very very nervous about it and the possible complications and having difficulty sleeping as I wake every few hours with a big surge of adrenaline. I know I have no option as have atypical endometrial hyperplasia but I just can't get my head around it all.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-25-2021, 06:13 AM

Hi,

My name is Lisa and I am scheduled for a TLH with ovary sparing (I only have one left) along with an anterior and posterior repair on Wednesday, July 28th at 1 pm.

Like Stacey, Iím worried about the pre surgery wait because I, too, will be most anxious then. Iíve already discussed this with my doctor and she said they will be giving me something to take the edge off. Hopefully, it will be early on in the process. Iíve also been waking up frequently at night as well. I will just be relieved once it is over. I had a horrible peri menopause experience and worry how my hormones will react. As I said, Iím keeping my remaining ovary, I am also through menopause and am on HRT already so, I am praying the changes will be minimal. Lastly, Iím fearful Iím making a mistake and will regret my decision. I donít want to be worse off then I already am. I have issues with my bladder and am really hopeful I will see benefits from this but, Iím worried Iíll be disappointed.

I want to wish Stacey and Talie75 good luck, as well as all the other women who will be having surgery this week. I will be thinking of you all. ❤️
Unread 07-25-2021, 08:32 AM

Hi ladies!

I'm scheduled to have a radical abdominal hysterectomy on Friday because I have been diagnosed with cervical cancer.

I'm most nervous about the healing process as I have a two year old (and a nine year old, but she's obviously more independent and able to take card of herself) to keep up with. I'm also nervous about how sex is going to be postop. And lastly, I'm nervous that I may need chemo/radiation if they don't get clean margins during my surgery.

I've had 2 csections, so I feel that I'm going into this with some idea of what recovery might be like. Also, considering I've been handed the "cancer card", so far it's looking like best case scenario to treat it with surgery, which is good. I've also been talking to my gynecologist about the possibility of a hysterectomy for over a year (do to heavy bleeding) so I've been mentally prepared for this to maybe happen for a while. I also have GI issues and think their may be adhesions messing up my gut so this is an opportunity for my surgeon to check that out.

All in all, I'm feeling okay. If this needs to happen I just want to get it over with at this point. I'm lucky my uterus allowed me to have my kids but otherwise she's been awful to me and I'm ready to say goodbye.
Unread 07-25-2021, 08:48 AM
Hyster on 7/29

Hi ladies! I don’t understand the abbreviations and how mine fit in. I’m having a laparoscopic hysterectomy this Thursday. My doc said he’s “going to go in and do only what’s in my best long term interest” so I don’t know if he’ll leave/take my cervix. I have cysts on my Rt ovary, but he’s hoping its harmless so will hopefully leave both, but def one. I’m also having anterior and posterior prolapse repair (which totally freaks me out) AND he said that as long as we’re doing all that, he’ll happily give me a bladder fascia sling to help me stop peeing when i jog after my dog. Haha

I’m trying to have full faith in my surgeon as he delivered my son via c-section 11 years ago without complications and since went for more schooling and is now a urogyno, but I am becoming increasingly freaked out.

I can’t sleep. I wake up at all hours. I’m frustrated that my windows in my room shine so bright (I’m ordering a new sleep mask). I’m agitated at my supportive but completely clueless husband. I’m frustrated with my friend who had a hyster last year, but who only did that and recovered fully within days and thinks I will as well. I’m confused because my doc is saying I’ll have a quick recovery, but everything I read on what I’m having done is so 12 week and excruciating.

My doc actually said “This will hurt like hell, but you’ll love the results.”

I want to cry for days but nothing comes out now. I’m afraid it all will once I step on hospital grounds on Thurs.

Oh- and Thurs is also my husbands birthday, for which I’m expected to plan something… I can’t even think straight. I keep wondering if I really need to do all this… but as my *** is coming out on its own (sorry) and 2 docs have recommended it based on where my fibroid is, I have to accept this will be a needed and good thing.

Hugs to you all! I hope we all have a positive outcome. I’d really love to chat and exchange vents with someone.
Unread 07-25-2021, 09:26 AM

Hi Do!need!t,

I had an anterior repair a few years ago and was fully prepared for it to hurt a lot as a friend had one a month before and she was in awful pain but I honestly wasn't bad at all. I had Voltarol suppositories (they are amazing!) which give 16hrs of pain relief and I think I may have been able to top up with paracetemol as well (cant quite remember) and I was pain free. My urologist said I will need a bladder sling as I get older, I was 40 at the time he didnt want one put in until I am older. My Gyno last week said they had been banned in the UK now so not sure what will happen if I need one in the future. I was able to look after my young children after and cook dinner etc but they were at school all day when I could recuperate. Just FYI, I stopped peeing when I ran with only a repair and no sling and I had a moderate prolapse.
I also have a cyst on my right ovary which she is hoping to remove but I think I am going to keep my ovaries if possible.

I hear you about the light, my neighbour has installed ultra bright intruder lights which shine directly in my bedroom every time one of the many cats around us walk past.

I would get his mum or someone else to plan his birthday, you have enough on your plate! maybe he could plan it for himself! It may help, if he hasnt already, for him to read 'recovering after hysterectomy' I think its from the RCOG- my gyno emailed me a copy. He needs to understand this is a major op, in fact you are having 2 major operations in 1 as the repairs are classed as major surgery too.

I hope you have a positive outcome too, it seems your doc knows what hes doing and youre in good hands and it is honestly fantastic when you can live without peeing yourself!
Unread 07-25-2021, 10:30 AM
Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Jul 25, 2021

Hi!

Iím Sonya Iím 49 years old and I am having a full laprascopic hysterectomy with removal of endometrial tissue plus a possible removal of my appendix. Apparently I have chocolate cysts and blocked tubes and lots of stuff happening in there, so they are taking out everything.

Iím pretty nervous about it. I donít like hospital settings. I also have a chronicl back and Iím really hoping that this relieves some of that pain. There is also the big C question lingering which Hangs over me - this surgeon is confident there isnít any in there, but the previous consult was less confident.

My surgery is at < > with a skilled team so I feel like I am in good hands and I am participating in their endo study as well.

I have so many questions. Iím curious about what I should be eating today in order to avoid being completely constipated for the next week and tomorrow in particular before my surgery. Iím told no liquid after midnight but I usually need a cup of coffee to poop. Iím wondering about the best ways to sleep since I usually sleep on my side with support between my knees or back pain - will I be able to do that? And of course recovery time....tbd I guess!

Iím thankful to have found this forum and I wish the best of luck to all.
Unread 07-25-2021, 10:39 AM

Hi ladies,

Sounds like we're all on the same roller coaster ride.... My name is Lori and I'm having 2 large fibroids, my uterus, and my fallopian tubes taking out with an abdominal hysterectomy. Freaking out about the pain meds and recovery time. I'm allergic to Percocet. Hoping they can get it right and have faith they know what they are doing.

I'm taking melatonin at 8 pm to help me sleep thru the night. So far it's helping.

To all my hystersisters going in for surgery this week: Keep positive, have faith in the medical professionals, remember this time next week we will be in a better place, and don't google anything anymore!!! Best wishes and prayers to all ya'll

Unread 07-25-2021, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sientile-2810 View Post
Hi my name is Stacey Iím 34 and I am scheduled for LVAH tomorrow morning 26/7 at 1030. I am feeling quiet nervous and anxious about everything especially seeing as though we are in a Covid lockdown in Sydney Australia at the moment. I will be in hospital for 3 nights. I am scared most about the admission and prep for surgery process most as I know this is when my anxiety will be at its highest. I have broken down a few times today although I am feeling quiet numb.
Stacey ... it is good to meet you dear. It is very normal to be anxious ... with lock down I know it has to be even more so. Take a deep breath dear ... you can do this. Remember you will be in good hands and your medical team will be doing what they do best ... taking care of you.

Be sure to let them know you are anxious and they will give you something to calm you to help you through the admission process.

Try to do something today that gives you joy. I know you canít be with your friends but you could sit down with a cup of coffee and chat with them via FaceTime or group chat. Treat yourself to a calm and relaxing bubble bath. Watch a movie that makes you laugh.

Will anyone be able to be with you after surgery?

on your surgery dear. We will be waiting for you on the other side.
Closed Thread

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register