Q: re: Fibroid and pain during sex | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Q: re: Fibroid and pain during sex Q: re: Fibroid and pain during sex

Unread 11-20-2004, 07:51 PM
Q: re: Fibroid and pain during sex

I am getting close to making my decision to have a hysterectomy but... you all know how confusing it gets when it's just based on "Quality of Life"...

I haven't had a sexual partner for about 3 years.. but i remember that when he "pounded" me ( hard and fast stuff )... it would hurt. A sharp pain inside. SOmetimes I had to hold onto the pillow.

At the time, I was not aware of a fibroid in there... but now I'm thinking: that's probably why it hurt ??

And so, I am wondering if I have a sexual partner again, and keep the fibroid .. I'll feel THAT pain again.

Is this what it feels like sometimes when you have a fibroid and have sex?
Trying to gather up all my reasons for having the hysto...

thanks, girls

~ Karin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-20-2004, 08:53 PM

Hi:

I'm so sorry you've experienced the pain during sex. I had the same experiences. However, not just during sex did I have pain---it was constant and terribly unbearable every day.

If you're not exactly sure that you're ready or should have the hysterectomy, maybe you should talk more about it with your OB/GYN.

I actually went to my doctor earlier this year and told her I was ready----and it was not because of the sex pain. It was mostly due to the awful clots I was passing and the constant pain I had nearly every day.

I was 8 weeks post yesterday and I am certainly much happier than before the TAH. The daily pain is gone now.

I pray that you reflect on your condition and make the right decision.

Take care.

:Princess
Unread 11-20-2004, 08:58 PM

Hi Karin,

Looking back now, I think I had fibroid pain with sex for about a year before I was diagnosed with the alien fibroids. Certain positions which never bothered me before started to bother me. And just normal positions!! I just thought I was not turned on enough, I was not into it, I was thinking too much, etc. Excuses now.

Sex in post-op is like what sex used to be like. The fibroids caused pressure that I had come to think was normal at 46. It wasn't. For me, in post-op, being w/o fibroids has made sex more enjoyable. An added plus is no b.c and no periods. Also, I kept my cervix, and for me, it has helped with the feeling during sex. You can get pros and cons on keepng the cervix and I am glad I kept it.

Best wishes,

Mary
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-22-2004, 07:16 AM

I know of at least 3 fibroids dwelling inside of me, and my doctor was able to push on one during one of my exams and it about sent me off the table. He wanted to confirm that the pain during sex was from DH hitting one of the fibroids.

So, yes...if it is a fibroid, you will most likely feel that pain if it is "hit" again.
~Tammy
Unread 11-22-2004, 07:32 PM

Hi,

I have a grapefruit and some golfballs inside me. For a couple of years now, sex has been really quite painful (some positions and activities more so than others) and I would cramp for hours afterwards. I never paid much attention to that, just thought that's how it is supposed to be. Then my extremely heavy bleeding and pelvic pressure (I was worried about cancer etc) sent me to the doctor.
I have been on Lupron now for two months to shrink my collection of golfball and grapefruit fibroids. Evidently, the Lupron has worked since the pelvic pressure is gone.
Also, the pain during intercourse and cramping afterwards is gone. I am finally able to enjoy myself.
So, to answer your question, yes, fibroids can cause painful intercourse.
Good luck,

Leena*pig*
Unread 11-22-2004, 08:33 PM

I am scheduled for a TAH on 11-29. I have experienced an intense pressure and pain during sex for the past 15 years! My husband and I have been married for 20yrs, so he has been very patient with me, but I am so ready to get rid of whatever he has been hitting all these years! Ha Ha! Seriously, it has slowly gotten worse over the years, and is now to the point where I can gently push on a certain spot in my lower abdomen and it makes me cringe. Sex is very difficult to throughly enjoy since it seems I am always waiting for the pain again. It is comforting to know that I am not the only one who has gone through this ordeal. I thought I had just become "frigid" after all these years, but I am looking forward to warming back up!
Unread 11-22-2004, 09:41 PM

I have 4 broids and pain with sex at times. I've never thought about the broids being the problem. It seemed to me it was the cervix. You know how it feels with the doctor takes a scrape with the wooden spatula to test for cancer cells?...that's what I feel only more hurtfull. Then spotting would follow. I also hurt when I rock side to side in a chair...seems like the movement puts too much pressure on the cervix and the whole uterus screams...due to fibroids I bet!
That wasn't the reason for my decision though. The anemia, pain, ache, cramping, flooding, clotting.....all that stuff is what has gotten to me after 9 years.
Can't wait to be rid of all of it!
Maralyn

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register