Scheduled TLH looking for good experiences | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

looking for good experiences looking for good experiences

Unread 11-05-2010, 11:16 AM
looking for good experiences

My TLH is Nov 17 and I am somewhat obsessing. I m looking for encouragemnt only. If anyone had this and did well please write and encourage me. It is for pre cancer so I am not uncomfortable now. Thanks in advance. Amila
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-05-2010, 11:37 AM
Re: looking for good experiences

Hi Amelia, I had my LAVH (cervex gone, kept ovaries) on Aug 24, 2010. I had no underlying problems that would have increased my potential for problems and my surgery and recovery was and has been uneventful. I had my surgery in the late afternoon early eavening, and I was home by the afternoon the next day. At day two I was able to stand for short periods of time, I even made dinner on night 3. AT two weeks I had to drive as school started and I have 4 children (3 in school)...now that was not the most comfortable, but it was manageable. I did head the warnings of taking life very easy as to not complicate recovery. I had more good than bad days, and learned early on that very little was actually too much....unfortunately that we all learn on our own. I had my first post op at 17 days, and that included an internal which did not hurt. I had my second post op at 7 weeks and had been given 2 more weeks after that for no "whoopie" and one more month after that until I could resume light weights at the gym....I am just coming up onto that time frame now. I think the only real difficult thing about recovery was the learning the new restrictions and limitations. The important thing is to listen to your body. One good day may produce a bad next day and you need to listen and rest more than the previous day etc. My swelly belly was gone my 5 weeks and could wear my jeans for a few hours before they were uncomfy, and by 6 weeks I could wear my jeans all day without any discomfort. My DH and I have resume the "whoopie" and again, that does produce a little discomfort the next day or on day two after, but that is only because of the use of abdominal muscles that have not been used to being used. I have had no problem in the intimacy department (but do need to take it slow,,,mentally and its getting better each time). And the big "O" is still there and I have not had any difference in feeling. My DH says that he does not feel any different either. I believe my advantage to such a great success is I was in good condition physically prior to surgery, and I obeyed all the doctors orders pretty much to the tee. One piece of advise is to remember to stay ahead of the pain by taking all meds as often as you can for the first couple of weeks and to make sure you start some type of "magic poo" regimen even a couple of days prior to the surgery to make sure you dont get bound up. And continue that for a couple of weeks after you have discontinued the meds before going back to normal. I used colace, max dose every day, and then eventually weened myself down. I wish you the best of luck, and hope for a speedy and uneventful recovery. This has by far been the best decision I have made for myself. I have my life back and I have been able to really truely enjoy by husband and family.
Unread 11-05-2010, 11:45 AM

thanks berrie n cream-that was very helpful. Amie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-05-2010, 03:06 PM

I had a Davinci total hyst on Jul 29th, and I am feeling fine. Everything is better than it has been in a long time. The waiting and anticipation is the worst. The first couple of weeks were uncomfortable, but I feel that I was fortunate in the surgery and recovery portion of all of this. I wish you the best, and let everyone know how you are doing! You will get through this!!!
Unread 11-05-2010, 05:21 PM

I had my divinci hyst only 3 weeks ago today (took cervix and kept ovaries also had a utheral sling) although I am not totally recovered, I am feeling great! I already know that this was the best thing I could have done! I went to the castle at 11am and was up walking around that night. Went home the next morning. The worst part of my whole experience so far was the waiting to go to the castle. I am following my doctors orders and just had my first post op appt. He examined me (internally) but no pain. Says I am healing up great. I feel like I have a new lease on life.
Good luck to you.hugs!
Unread 11-05-2010, 06:06 PM

I had a TLH (ovaries removed) on Oct 21. I haven't had any problems. I went in at 730 am thurs and was out the next day before lunch. I had a 2 1/2 hr ride home, no problems. I did a few things sat and sun, didn't over do it. Monday night I drove and have been doing things ever since. Today I finally put on a pair of jeans. No bleeding, no discharge, almost like I didn't have surgery. I have 3 scars and that's it. I go for post-op on Nov 17.
Unread 11-05-2010, 06:20 PM

I had a TLH (kept ovaries) 8 days ago, after having severe dysplasia. I've even been back to work for 1/2 day this week to have lunch with my friends. I had a c-section. This was a breeze in comparison.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register