Scheduled dVH/RALH Surgery scheduled this Friday! (27th Nov) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery scheduled this Friday! (27th Nov) Surgery scheduled this Friday! (27th Nov)

Unread 11-22-2015, 08:13 AM
Surgery scheduled this Friday! (27th Nov)

Good Morning! My surgery is scheduled for this Friday! It is due to suspected adenomyosis diagnosed last summer... boggy uterus the size of a 14 week pregnancy, heavy bleeding, bleeding in between, bloating, but not as uncomfortable as some women. This will be done Davinci method. Most of my questions have been answered and I trust my surgeon and am in good hands. I have one question for the ladies who have already had this done, but am not allowed on that forum. It's a vain question. I've had an abdominoplasty and am concerned that some of the work will be undone when abdomen is blown up with gas.. not really wanting new stretch marks, etc. I know this should be the least of my worries.. but as I said, I trust my surgeon and this was a last minute thought.. the only people who know are those that have had it done.. how do I ask? Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-22-2015, 08:37 AM
Re: Surgery scheduled this Friday! (27th)

I had a tummy tuck and I haven't had any issues with extra stretch marks or loose skin. My surgeon even used the old scar instead of creating a new one. The belly button scar is undetectable. I'm still early in my recovery though. My surgery was two weeks ago tomorrow.
Unread 11-23-2015, 12:13 AM
Re: Surgery scheduled this Friday! (27th)

Sha9830.. Thanks for your response. If you don't have any marks now, you won't.. you must have had an "open" hysterectomy / abdominal incision like a c-section then.. there isn't any gas involved in that. I'm having davinci and my abdomen will be expanded with gas and that's what concerns me.. I'm afraid the few marks I do have will increase. I'm pulled pretty tight.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-23-2015, 05:30 PM
Re: Surgery scheduled this Friday! (27th Nov)

It was laproscopic and yes the pumped me with gas. I have three incisions (belly button and two two inch incisions which are right over my tummy tuck scar.)
Unread 11-23-2015, 08:47 PM
Re: Surgery scheduled this Friday! (27th Nov)

Even though you are pumped up with CO2 gas for the surgery it does not cause permanent stretching of the skin. It's just for the few hours you're in surgery. Skin is very resilient and only shows stretch marks when it has been overstretched for an extended period of time. Talk to the surgeon regarding your fears. Also my surgeon tried to express most of the CO2 gas before closing my incisions and I had very little, if any, "gas" issues after surgery.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register