Newbie and shaking !!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Newbie and shaking !!! Newbie and shaking !!!

Unread 06-19-2004, 01:08 PM
Newbie and shaking !!!

Hi all, I'm new at this so please bear with me. I'm probably gonna ask all the same questions you've heard before. I'm having a TAH/BSO on 6/30 and I'm scared to death. I have to drink the bowel prep stuff Golytely and the nurse said stay home the day before. Am I gonna be a giant cramp? Has anybody else had to do this? I can only have clear liquids the day before and NO they don't consider VODKA a clear liquid...go figure...lol. Anyway I've also been told that my stay in the hospital is gonna be a 5-7 day stay. It seems everybody else gets out in a flash. The dr also has me all freaked out about a possible bowel recponstruction and possible colostomy. They say it might be temp or perm. I am soooooo freaked out that I can't even sleep. I fell sired, bloated (looks like I'm 6 months preggers cause this thing growing has gone from a size of a small lime to a 6 month size in 10 weeks. Anybody been there? BKE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-19-2004, 01:35 PM
Newbie and shaking !!!

Hi BKE!

For me, the bowel prep was much like having a lingering case of diarrhea. It wasn't terribly painful; it wasn't a big torturous ordeal...it was mostly the annoyance and inconvenience of having to run to the bathroom so often. It might also be good to have some of those moistened wipes on hand to use rather than toilet tissue.

Regarding the projected length of your hospital stay: You probably won't want to go home any sooner than the medical staff feels is prudent. From what I have read on this site, most TAH's are typically around a 3-day stay, like mine was. But since you are having addition procedures done it makes sense you would need more Castle time.

In just a few days you will embark on your journey to better health. I'm sending positive thoughts your way!
Unread 06-19-2004, 01:59 PM
Thanks Carmen

You and all the wonderful ladies on this site are the reason it's so great. I appreciate the kinds words, infor and thoughts. I was really worried about the cramping thing. I cramp all the time now and just about the time I think it can't get any worse I read some horror story on the site. Thanks again
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-19-2004, 03:11 PM
Newbie and shaking !!!

Hi !

I think it is the doctors duty to scare the stuffing outta you before the surgery with all the what ifs. That way you aren't devasted if it happens and if it doesn't you are relieved.

Bowel Preps suck. I have never heard of that particular brand but if its like mag citrate then I never got cramps just didn't get too far from the toilet. I have to drink 2 bottles pre op. One will send me in there for several hours. I guess I'll just make a camp in there.

Hope everything comes out ok.

(Sorry couldn't resist)

Amy

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register