Bowel problems from endo/adeno, anything-anyone else? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Bowel problems from endo/adeno, anything-anyone else? Bowel problems from endo/adeno, anything-anyone else?

Unread 09-22-2004, 09:23 AM
Bowel problems from endo/adeno, anything-anyone else?

I used to just get diarea during my period. Now, past almost two months straight, I still have it. I just don't go "normal"anymore, and am wondering, could it be from something going on in there????

Should I mention it to Dr. tonight? I'd rather not if I don't have too-embarrasing sort of.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-22-2004, 03:10 PM
bowels and endo/adeno

You should definately mention it to your doctor. Anything that is not "normal" for you should always be brought up for discussion with your physician.

As for me, my bowel symptoms are most intense during my period and then slowly diminish but never fully disappear, however I have more of a problem with constipation due to how uncomfortable it is to be on the toilet. I am completely uncomfortable and have a lot of pressure down below but can't go to the bathroom, which leads me to constipation. (I've recently been diagnosed with endo in the recto-sigmoid portion of the bowel).

These are my symptoms, and from what I've read, everyone with bowel related endo are different. We aren't all cut from the same mold which makes diagnosing this terrible disease so difficult.

Hope you find some relief soon.

Karen
Unread 09-24-2004, 05:24 PM
Bowel problems from endo/adeno, anything-anyone else?

Hello,
Did you have a hysterectomy yet? As for me, I had a total hyst. 2 months ago due to endo. adenmo. and adhesions. I always had diarrhea really bad during my periods, but since I had cramps all the time, I had it all the time. My problem now is 2mo. PO I am having cramps again, backaches which sends me to the bathroom all the time again. I am going to a urologist to see if I have Interstital Cystitis, which I don't think or I have endo. again. I have been on a high dose of HRT since surgery, and he may take me off of it to see if it gets better or worse or the same. If the same or worse I will need surgery again:hair: I am only 28 and can not live without hormones, so I am nervous!!! Do you have this stuff too? Let me know, take care Angel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-24-2004, 05:33 PM
bowel and endo/adeno

Hi,

I had my hysterectomy 2 years ago and they left my cervix. One year later I had to have my left ovary out so I wanted my doctor to also take my cervix at that time because I was experiencing mini periods. He tried to take out the cervix but found all kinds of endo behind it and in the vagina. He lasered the endo thinking that was where my "mini periods" were coming from. He also knew I was afraid that I would have a shortened vagina and decreased sexual function if he took out the cervix so he left it in again. Well since that surgery my mini periods have grown to pretty much full periods again and now the endo that had grown into my vagina has now grown into my bowel. I am now desperate to have my cervix removed and any endo in and around that area.
Like you, I am young (33yrs old.) so I am also terrified of the idea of losing my last remaining ovary and doing the HRT thing also.

Take care,
Karen

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register