Reality has finally hit home | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Reality has finally hit home Reality has finally hit home

Unread 08-15-2005, 08:52 AM
Reality has finally hit home

Well tomorrow I go in for surgery (still have to call and find out the time to be there) and its finally sinking in that "Yes I am having major surgery done and NO I'm not mentally ready for it" Having issues with trying to remember to not hyperventilate today, the bathroom and I in the last 24hrs have become better friends than I really care to admit, want a cigarette so bad that I can actually taste it and my head feels like it is about ready to explode.
DH has been wonderful about trying to keep my mind occupied so I wasnt obsessing about everything the past week but now he's beginning to "crack" as well. He couldnt get time off from work this week (one of the busiest time of the year where he works)but one of the higher ups is looking to see if he can at least have a few hours off in the am to be at the hospital with me before and after surgery and then go into work for a few hours.
Then I stop in at work last night to pick up my paycheck and one of the bosses says to me "I have a sister in law who had a hyst done a few years ago and she went back to work within a week of having it done" so i looked at them knowing full well what the meaning was and said" well each person handles things a little differently and the dr has already told me that I will be out of work for at least 6-8wks." I wanted to ask them if their SIL had a job where she didnt need all her mental, emotional and physical facitlities completely working. Thank goodness Im not superhuman and know that most women arent and that we do need the rest and time to let our bodies heal as well as (at least for me) to let my emotional and mental states heal as well before i go back to a job.
*sigh* well enough ranting , its about time to go and call the hospital to find out the time that i have to be there.

Lori
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-15-2005, 09:04 AM

Hang in there Lori!!! And good luck!!!! I'll be saying some prayers for ya!!!

aj
Unread 08-15-2005, 10:14 AM

Best Wishes on your surgery tomorrow, Lori!

Take your full 6-8 weeks off and heal properly. I've read a lot of threads where our "sisters" went back to work after 2-3 weeks and found out that they were not ready after all. Some even had complications because of that. So, heck with what other people say, you may not be getting the entire story from your boss, his SIL may have had something entirely different!

My thoughts and prayers are with you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-15-2005, 10:24 AM

I have not had my surgery yet but you take all the time you need to heal. My surgery is in two and a half months my boss is trying to get me to come back for our christmas rush but what can you do when you work in a retail store? I made the decision to go back after christmas. It is a bit steady but I will be feeling better by then and I can enjoy my christmas
Unread 08-15-2005, 10:38 AM

Well called the hospital and I have to be there at 11:15am tomorrow. geeze why dont they schedule these things early in the morning so you dont want that cup of coffee thats a part of waking up lol. Thank you for all the prays and thoughts. I am taking all the time I need and well work can just wait. to all the others having surgery tomorrow as well.
Lori
Unread 08-15-2005, 10:44 AM

Good luck and lots of hugs!!
I am 2 1/2 weeks post op now and am doing well and am so pleased I had it done, no regrets so far at all
My thoughts will be with you
Sue
Unread 08-15-2005, 10:52 AM

Wishing you and all the other ladies having surgery tomorrow all the best wishes for a speedy recovery with as little pain as possible. Lots of big huggles sent to you and let us know how you get on.

Don't worry about the bosses Superwoman relation us mere mortals take a bit longer

Lynne
Unread 08-17-2005, 06:40 AM

Hope all went well with your surgery!!! We'll be waiting for your story when you get back!

Praying for a fast recovery now!

aj
Unread 08-17-2005, 07:26 AM

Bless your heart! I hope all went well with your surgery! I, too, am a NERVOUS NELLIE, as my Castle Visit is not until Sept 22! I will be praying for you, and do take the proper time to heal at home before returning to work! You know how men are about understanding "female issues" - your boss's SIL may have just had something super simple, in which the healing time was considerably short. You need "YOU" time! Wishing you the best! Let me know how you're doing!
ZANDER

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register