Doomsday - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 08-03-2008, 06:58 PM
Doomsday

Do you have some calming books, music or movies or tv shows that would help? I watched a wonderful movie the other day called The Five People You Meet in Heaven. I avaoided watching it for over a week, was having some fear issues myself, but I felt so good when I finally did! I released alot of tears and emotions that I had kept bottled up inside for too long. And today I started by forcing myself to clean and 4 hours in I just couldn't stop! Maybe walking or some other physical exercise would help, I think that was part of it for me. We're almost there!! And I really AM alone, I live alone with no one to come and help. But I am so determined to be rid of this pain and get on with living again!!!! {{{{hugs}}}}
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-03-2008, 07:56 PM
Doomsday

Oh yeah! I know the feeling! I'm on the 6th right behind you. I feel like I can't breathe. I know it's for the best but I'm scared. I thought I would be ok but now as each day passes I worry more and more. My dh is on vacation this week(that helps a bunch). I have this problem about wanting to do so much, like it's not right unless I do it. I'm going to try hard not to do anything. Good luck to all!!!
Unread 08-03-2008, 09:47 PM
Doomsday

parnett

I am exactly like you and I just have to lol. I told myself I would not do a thing. I have been home since thursday late afternoon and I keep doing things I should not and I tell myself no more, but I walk out of my room and I can't contain myself. Good luck and it will all be over and done with before you know it.
Unread 08-04-2008, 08:20 AM
Doomsday

Hey there Sugar - it'll be OK honey - take a deep breath and relax. I know the anxiety is really hard - I am right there with you. What I have found to stay sane is to keep very, very busy. I cleaned out closets and cupboards, cleaned like a maniac and prepared a little nesting area with soft sheets, extra blankets and pillows, a nice candle, some good books etc...... This will all be over before you know it. I am not really a 'relax and listen to soft music' kind of person, so instead I have been blasting my favorite stuff - old rock music, some upbeat country, disco - good dance music etc.. and I will sing at the top of my little lungs even if I am too crampy etc to dance. Different strokes for different folks! But you have a ton of support, well wishes and prayers from all of your new sisters here. Be good to yourself and hang in there!!!!
Unread 08-04-2008, 08:36 AM
Doomsday

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugar90229
someone please help keep me sane. you all have been doing a great job so far but i am really starting to loose it. I cant believe that my surgery is a few days away. I feel like i was just talking about this with my doctor yesterday. i cant help but to think is this really happening to me? WOW!! i never thought that i would be this scared about this. I was always like yea come on lets get this over with so i am not in pain! but not now. i was never this scared before. I dont want to be scared but i cant help it, the nurse at the hospital called me today to remind me to bring a copy of my living will......... why do they need this? what if i dont have one? ahhhh!!! i just want to go to sleep today and wake up tomorrow and have already went it though surgery. cant we fast forward time in our sleep? please????
I was very nervous before my surgery but tried to stay as calm as I could. On the day I was a lot calmer than I imagined I would be. When the nurse came to fetch me to go to theatre I couldn't believe it was about to happen and I kept thinking 'this is it, I'm actually doing it'.
Everyone in the anaesthetic room was really nice to me and just chatted away while we waited for the anaethetist. I remember looking at the clock at 9.40am and someone said they were running a bit late. The anaethetist came along and put a needle in my arm then said he was giving me something into the needle and I might feel a bit dizzy (I didn't), then I heard a voice saying 'come on wake up, its all over'. It really was that easy, I don't know why I'd been so nervous.
I was comfortable, sitting up and although I kept my eyes shut I could hear the staff chatting (they probably thought I was still sleeping). I slept off and on for the rest of the day but I felt fine, just tired.
When it came to the anaesthetic and the surgery I just thought that these people do this work every day and they are highly trained, they know what they're doing.
The waiting was the worst part by far. Good luck for tomorrow. I hope your experience is as bland and uneventful as mine has been.
Unread 08-04-2008, 08:51 AM
Doomsday

hello sisters,
I felt the same way, and yes waiting is the worst part. I hadn't realized how much my symptoms had robbed me of a quality of life. now on the other side I can wear anything I want (if it's loose right now) any color even white (yay) without worrying about staining it with a flash flood of blood.
I don't have to know where the bathroom is everywhere I go, no more severe cramps and pain. I have myself and my life back. this was by far the best gift I ever gave myself.

I have never had children of own so I know how hard it is to make this choice. it is a grieving process, but on the other side I feel so much better I don't regret it one bit.
you will do great.
Before surgery I wrote letters to my family, one for each person with a note saying "do not open uless I don't make it", thankfully they never saw those letters. the surgeons do this surgery all the time and it turns out great.
if you trust your surgeon and I hope you do, put your faith in his or her capable hands and know we will be here cheering you on all the way. welcome to a better life my sister, one without horrible symptoms.
hugs sisters,
chris
Unread 08-04-2008, 09:00 AM
Doomsday

Hi Sugar,

Please don't worry, it'll all be ok. I know, it's easier said then done. I am just 3 days post op and feeling pretty darn good. I had a TVH ovaries still intact. I was a big mess the day before and the morning of my surgery. I was sooo scared but you know what? Once the anesthesiologist (sp) came in and gave me my memory erasing happy juice I was ok. The next thing I remember they were waking me up and I was in recovery. I remember telling them that I had really bad cramps and before you knew it they gave me something for the pain. My surgery was schedule for 7:30 but didn't start til 8:00 a.m. and I was in my own room by around 11:00. It's normal to be scared but let me tell you that I am already glad I had this done. See you on the other side! ((HUGS))

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register