OMG surgery moved up to next week! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

OMG surgery moved up to next week! OMG surgery moved up to next week!

Unread 12-12-2011, 04:38 PM
OMG surgery moved up to next week!

I was originally scheduled for January 11, but I had to go back to the dr. today because of severe bleeding again. When he saw the amount of blood, he said he didn't want me to suffer any longer than I had to. He had one opening left in December, for next Wednesday 12/21 !! I'm so freaking out right now! This totally messes me up! I have so much to do, so little time! I'm glad I'll be getting it done sooner, because I've been stuck in the house bleeding for over a month. I want my life back.

I'm just so worried about something happening to me right before Christmas. I have a 12 yr old son. This is going to be hard for him, right before the holidays.

I will get through this. I will get through this.

AAAHHHHH!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-12-2011, 05:16 PM
Re: OMG surgery moved up to next week!

Yes, you WILL get through this!! It sounds like it needs to be done NOW!!! Im sure you are nervous, but this is a chance to be healthier...sooner. I hope you can find friends and family to help you through this. Especially around the holidays!! I will be thinking of you and keeping you in my prayers!! and huge !!!
Unread 12-12-2011, 07:26 PM

Thank you so much for your encouraging words. It's so hard when you have your mind set on one date, and it gets changed, and it's right before Christmas. I always do Christmas at my house, and it will still be at my house, except my family will do all the work. I'm a bit of a control freak, so that will be changing real quick! At least I have nice new red pj's that I can wear on Christmas day!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-12-2011, 08:08 PM

I really do understand the scramble - I had ten days between finding out I needed a hysterectomy and being in the OR. Not fun. BUT, I did not have to deal with kids and Christmas. Maybe you do an early Christmas this year???

Do the best you can, and get help where needed. AND, you will get through this. I know this is overwhelming right now, but we are here to support you.

Unread 12-12-2011, 09:03 PM

Hang in there, janie614. It will be ok. I too only had a couple of weeks to prep. 3 weeks ago I thought I would be keeping my uterus after having an ablation. The ablation didn't work and they scheduled me for a hyst right away (that was my preference). Then I went crazy for a couple of weeks. I grieved the loss of my uterus, decided to keep my cervix, made a bunch of lists of stuff that needed to be done before the surgery, talked to everyone I could find that had already had a hysterectomy, complained to everyone who would listen, cried, got mad, found the HysterSisters (thank goodness), stopped going so crazy, took my HysterSisters advice A LOT, packed my bag, looked at my half complete list of things to do, shrugged my shoulders and realized that life goes on even when there are detours.

I'm going in tomorrow morning. I'll be home by Wednesday afternoon. Sleeping a lot and letting everyone else worry about stuff. Then in a few weeks I can start getting things back to normal. Ok. I can handle that.

Also, don't worry about your young man. I'm not sure how much you have told him about your surgery but I'm sure he is ready to see you healthy. Ask for his help, tell him you love him and that you are grateful for the help. Be honest with him. They like that. It is reassuring to them to know that we are human too. He will do just fine. I'm glad you have him there with you.

You aren't alone in this. I think that we all freak out a little. Some of us freak out a lot. It's ok. The 'freak out' doesn't last.
Unread 12-14-2011, 10:31 AM

I too had a short amount of time to prepare. I went into my Dr on Monday and had my TLH surgery Friday morning. This was the week before Thanksgiving, and I was nervous about not being able to do everything. It is amazing how things just work out! My neighborhood ended up doing a progressive Thanksgiving and all I had to do was attend. I have a hard time asking for help and not doing things myself, I'm usually the one helping everyone else. I found that everyone was more that happy to chip in and do whatever was needed, I just needed to ask. I also found the short wait time nice, because I didn't have too much time to stress and worry about it. Good luck and remember to just breathe!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register