Surgery in the morning (4/2) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery in the morning (4/2) Surgery in the morning (4/2)

Unread 04-01-2015, 04:07 PM
Surgery in the morning (4/2)

Its finally here.. My surgery is scheduled for the early morning. I have to be at the hospital at 530 am I have been calm and Colleted up until right now. So nervous and super anxious. Im ready to actually feel good. Looking forward to having my normal life back. ☺
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-01-2015, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calijapp View Post
Its finally here.. My surgery is scheduled for the early morning. I have to be at the hospital at 530 am I have been calm and Colleted up until right now. So nervous and super anxious. Im ready to actually feel good. Looking forward to having my normal life back. ☺
Good luck and all the best.... Mine is tomorrow am
Unread 04-01-2015, 04:38 PM
Re: Surgery in the morning

Thank you ☺ good luck to you as well! Sending happy thoughts your way
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-01-2015, 04:54 PM

I was in your shoes one week ago...I know how you all are feeling, scared, anxious, fear, trying to be brave for everyone around you, but a total nervous nelly inside! Then you get that under control and feel like you got this, you will be just fine...then it starts over again. I would just keep telling myself I was going to be fine, I was finally going to be done with the horrible bleeding every month, and could finally start living life!! If you don't mind seeing grotesque things, definitely ask the nurses in the OR for a picture of what they take out of you!! Mine was shocking to say the least...my uterus was the size of a 16 week or 4 month pregnancy!! I had no idea!!! So big hugs to all of you who are going in tomorrow! See you on the flip side...
Unread 04-01-2015, 05:03 PM

Thats exactly how i feel!!! I know everything is going to be just fine, but I cant shake the belly nerves! Thanks for listening and giving kind words of support! Its much appreciated!!
Unread 04-01-2015, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calijapp View Post
Thats exactly how i feel!!! I know everything is going to be just fine, but I cant shake the belly nerves! Thanks for listening and giving kind words of support! Its much appreciated!!
You're welcome! I know how important having the support is and we are all in this together!
Unread 04-01-2015, 05:29 PM

Mine is tomorrow, too! But not until the afternoon. I really wish I was scheduled for the morning because I finished the bowel prep earlier today and I'm already SO hungry! I don't do well with skipping breakfast, and I won't be able to have anything to eat or drink for such a long time. But our day is finally (almost) here!!! I'm so ready to be on the other side of this surgery. If you're feeling nervous, try telling yourself, 'something wonderful is about to happen.' I read that somewhere on this site and it really stuck with me-- this long-awaited surgery = something wonderful.
Unread 04-01-2015, 05:30 PM

Good luck! Focus on how good you will feel after you recover!!! I'm speaking to myself too (lol), my surgery is next Tues.
Good luck!!!
Unread 04-01-2015, 05:58 PM

Good luck! I had mine early Monday morning and am so glad to be in recovery. Deep breaths, rest, and know that it gets better from here! You ladies got this!
Unread 04-02-2015, 08:23 PM

Just thinking of you ladies that had your surgery today. Hoping all went well and you are on the mend!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register